Question for those who saw entire game - Sam Williams observation

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I’m not just talking about what the NFL.Com scouting report says, I’m talking about what other analysts were saying who do this for a living. They understand what his role was in college.

And yes, I 100% trust my eyes as well. I agree, he’s a stud chasing down RBs from the backside when he isn’t blocked I just want to see him beat OTs. We haven’t yet aside from 1 yesterday against a backup who had a PFF grade of 30 for the game.

Are you seriously telling me you havent seen Sam shove an OT into the RB or QB yet???

And he's destroying TE's because he plays 4-3 DE and opposing teams are doubling Parsons or Tank.

I'm not certain you understand the huge range of difference between 5 technique and 9 technique.

But I'm done, you can believe what you like.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Of course, since CBS pulled the game I missed the last 20 min or so. I was hoping Sam Williams would join in on the sack party but I see where he had 2 tackles for losses. Was it a fluke? Is it just me, but it seems that he has been surprisingly stout in run defense.
He should be starting at Mike. Get him on the field TONS MORE than he has been.

HE JUST MAKES PLAYS.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course, since CBS pulled the game I missed the last 20 min or so. I was hoping Sam Williams would join in on the sack party but I see where he had 2 tackles for losses. Was it a fluke? Is it just me, but it seems that he has been surprisingly stout in run defense.
Williams is a strong mutha...He pushes huge guys back into the QB or RB, and when he gets his hands on someone, he's like a pitbull with a bone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What happened to Parsons, it said online that he got injured after they switched games on us. Anyone know what happened, is it bad, is he ok?
He came up limping, but in spite of so many of us yelling at the TV to rest him, he came back in and continued to cause havoc.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Are you seriously telling me you havent seen Sam shove an OT into the RB or QB yet???

And he's destroying TE's because he plays 4-3 DE and opposing teams are doubling Parsons or Tank.

I'm not certain you understand the huge range of difference between 5 technique and 9 technique.

But I'm done, you can believe what you like.

In pass rushing yes, he’s had some outstanding bull rushes where’s he’s dumped the OT into the QBs lap which was awesome.

And I’m saying things based on what I’ve seen not just on what I believe. I’ve watched every game and have tried to dig up clips but haven’t seen anything telling me otherwise yet.

LysleE

Reaction score
Sam Williams is the real deal; I would say he is a player you can build around.

rambo2

Reaction score
He is outstanding and it isn't a fluke to me.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Agree that Williams isn't a good run defender right now, but as a pass rusher, he is doing stuff that is just abnormal for a 2nd round rook. His pass rush production per snap isn't far off from Parsons.

Someone in a different thread compared him to Frank Clark, and I really like it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Agree that Williams isn't a good run defender right now, but as a pass rusher, he is doing stuff that is just abnormal for a 2nd round rook. His pass rush production per snap isn't far off from Parsons.

Someone in a different thread compared him to Frank Clark, and I really like it.

Not sure why questioning the run D is blasphemy on here…just want to see the dude get off blocks.

Regardless, on a positive he appears to have the size / length / power and demeanor to be a good run defender I just want to see it. Also it helps that the pass rush potential looks high.

JBond

Reaction score
Who said anything about whiffing? Not me.
Said all his great plays were unblocked, which is obviously not true. Also a dumb point. Show me his unblocked plays. Also show me his mistakes.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Said all his great plays were unblocked, which is obviously not true. Also a dumb point. Show me his unblocked plays. Also show me his mistakes.

Just look up his TFLs and see for yourself. As mentioned, chasing down RBs from the backside unblocked and beating TEs. 1 good play against a backup LT against MN.

Proof

Reaction score
He had one play where he chased the RB down from the back side unblocked.

I’m yet to see him actually get off blocks though and prove his scouting report wrong about his run playing ability. My guess is this is why he isn’t starting.

did you even watch the video ?

Proof

Reaction score
The one from Baldy? Yea, and I commented on it.

It matches up to exactly what I’ve been saying.

yeah i saw the rest of your comments after replying. third play he fought off a block beautifully. I guess you qualified it as “against a backup” but my response was to you saying you’d never seen him do it