Question for those who saw the Rhein/Amsterdam game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I finally caught a whole game, and was able to thoroughly analyze the game film again. I must say Henstud looked very solid early on....but unfortunately his flaws were once again exposed: fumbles, sacks, staring down receivers, and throwing a pick with the game on the line. His footwork leaves much to be desired as well. He makes some solid throws, but also looks atrocious at times.
You know I have read a half dozen recaps from AP on down the line on this game. The review you give is by far the worst criticism of Henson. Your man love thingy for Bledsoe is blinding you beyond the point of reason lately.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
You know I have read a half dozen recaps from AP on down the line on this game. The review you give is by far the worst criticism of Henson. Your man love thingy for Bledsoe is blinding you beyond the point of reason lately.
Lately? :rolleyes:

It's all about perception. Some people will see what they want to see and will always be blind to anything other than that. It's like if u have a negative opinion about a player, you'll always look for the negative regardless of whether they show any good or progress. Because that's what you LOOK for. And the flipside to that is when you really like a player, all you see is their good and none of their flaws.

So basically what I'm saying is you can't get mad or irritated when it comes to people like that. Because in reality you should know that's what your gonna get. Nothing more. Nothing less.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I saw every play of this game. This was probably the most exciting NFLE game I have ever watched in my life.

Henson played very well and that last interception wasn't even an interception. The ball was tipped and the guy trapped it. There is no replay in NFLE and that's that. He was driving the team down for a possible game winning TD, but after the INT the Admirals just ran the clock out.

Henson looked good all day. He was moving well in the pocket and keeping plays alive. His throws were on and he was making them playing against a tough defense. There are no real stars on his offense so he has to work with what he has most of the time.

You could tell after that INT that Henson was pissed and he wanted to get that chance to keep the drive going for a chance to win the game. The kid showed a fire, no pun intended, to be the leader of this team.

Now there were some plays that didn't go so well of course. A couple of missed passes and he was the sack at the very beginning of the game where he fumbled. But the way he bounced back from a 14-0 deficit to get his team back in the game was impressive IMO.

This guy is an NFL quarterback and in time I think he will be fine. Whomever lines up behind Center will have days where his team plays well but his team doesn't win the game.

If anything Henson could use a game like this to learn. This was the first game where he had to run the two minute offense at the end to try and win it so hopefully he learns something from this today.

The Fire play the Admirals next week at home. This game was in Amsterdam. I can't wait to see that game and see how Henson comes out. These are probably the two best teams in NFLE so if Rhein wins it could lead to a rubber game in the World Bowl.

Oh yeah. Why they have these two teams playing each other back to back is a mystery to me.

If Henson keeps playing this well all throughout this 10 games season the Cowboys should be off the market for a QB. At least until Henson gets a chance to start some NFL games whenever that happens. I know one thing. He's playing and looking a lot better than he did in that game against the Bears in 2004.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
dcfanatic said:
The Fire play the Admirals next week at home. This game was in Amsterdam. I can't wait to see that game and see how Henson comes out.

Hopefully Zuriel Smith and/or Kendrick Starling will be able to play. If not, I see more of the same. Without any deep threats at wide receiver, Amsterdam could load up against the run to shut it down, leaving Rhein in long-yardage situations all game -- with receivers who can't get open deep (and can't hold onto the ball, either).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Lately? :rolleyes:

It's all about perception. Some people will see what they want to see and will always be blind to anything other than that. It's like if u have a negative opinion about a player, you'll always look for the negative regardless of whether they show any good or progress. Because that's what you LOOK for. And the flipside to that is when you really like a player, all you see is their good and none of their flaws.

So basically what I'm saying is you can't get mad or irritated when it comes to people like that. Because in reality you should know that's what your gonna get. Nothing more. Nothing less.
I agree...lately?

I think he had 1 post that was worth reading. I remember sending him a PM about. I hoped for more. He's reverted to form.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think both of these quarterbacks have a future in this league. This game was actually enjoyable to watch (minus the second quarter) because these are the only two quarterbacks in NFL Europe who could hold a roster spot in the NFL.

All in all, I'd say both quarterbacks performed equally. Hamden showed a bit more mobility and I can't stand Henson's release, but Henson has the better pedigree.

NorTex

Reaction score
Hamdan throws the ball pretty accurately but doesn't have enough arm strength to be an NFL starter.

The proof is in the deep out that he threw for an easy INT that was returned for a TD...just no velocity on that throw.

Henson has all the tools, just needs to continue playing.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If they let Henson throw every down, and the Admirals pass rush was as weak as the Fire's then, Henson would have had a, er, field day.

The Admirals run a version of the run-and-shoot so it seems. The Fires run a more traditional, plodding offense.

So a Warren Moon is going to look more impressive than a Phil Simms depending on the offense and the opposing defensive pass rush.

But I was impressed with Henson's play considering he suffere several dropped balls and was facing the better pass rush.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
Hamdan throws the ball pretty accurately but doesn't have enough arm strength to be an NFL starter.

The proof is in the deep out that he threw for an easy INT that was returned for a TD...just no velocity on that throw.

That was the backup QB.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
acheman said:
"fumbles, sacks, staring down receivers, and throwing a pick with the game on the line. His footwork leaves much to be desired as well. He makes some solid throws, but also looks atrocious at times."

Damn man you describing DREW Henson or DREW Bledsoe? Because that description fits that piece of crap Bledsoe to a T.:laugh2:
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
If they let Henson throw every down, and the Admirals pass rush was as weak as the Fire's then, Henson would have had a, er, field day.

The Admirals run a version of the run-and-shoot so it seems. The Fires run a more traditional, plodding offense.

So a Warren Moon is going to look more impressive than a Phil Simms depending on the offense and the opposing defensive pass rush.

But I was impressed with Henson's play considering he suffere several dropped balls and was facing the better pass rush.
I was thinking more Fun-n-gun, but yeah its a spread offense, those types will always put up big numbers to vulnerable defenses. Rheins defense was having coverage breakdowns because of all the receivers. Happens when your team has little to no continuity.

Running a spread offense in NFLe makes things more exciting for fans, but I don't think it develops these guys as much as a conventional offense does. I'm sure BP wouldn't be too happy if Henson was running that kind of offense.

I don't know how anyone thinks that Hamdan is more mobile though. He rarely needed to move and was sacked more than Henson, I believe.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
rmahler said:
It was kind of hard to tell watching the replay but the last pass looked like it was tipped by a defensive lineman which made it really wobbly and high. The ball seems to slow down and go higher about 5 or 6 feet after it left his hand. Still a good game by Henson.

And yet and still that ball hit the hands of the tight end (who failed to make the catch) who deflected it into the hands of the defender.

Not a bad game for Henson who was able to get the ball off under pressure and keep the offense moving. He did have a bad fumble, though.

jrumann59

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
I was thinking more Fun-n-gun, but yeah its a spread offense, those types will always put up big numbers to vulnerable defenses. Rheins defense was having coverage breakdowns because of all the receivers. Happens when your team has little to no continuity.

Running a spread offense in NFLe makes things more exciting for fans, but I don't think it develops these guys as much as a conventional offense does. I'm sure BP wouldn't be too happy if Henson was running that kind of offense.

I don't know how anyone thinks that Hamdan is more mobile though. He rarely needed to move and was sacked more than Henson, I believe.

Rhein's DB can only cover so long, Rhein's ineffective pass rush was the reason why coverages broke down. Hamdan had all day to throw and if he has that much time his receivers will get open.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I agree...lately?

I think he had 1 post that was worth reading. I remember sending him a PM about. I hoped for more. He's reverted to form.
Hence, the ignore option which I find very useful for individuals such as he. :D

He offers no material worth reading from the time he's joined this forum three months ago. And that goes without saying the icon he uses for his sig is downright awful and idiotic.

Bledsoe is a good quarterback, but the guy has yet to win a Superbowl as starter. Stats are great but they're not the only ingredients to winning championships.