Question re: Dak and greed

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two months and waiting...lol
Two months and many, many, many media conversations. The holdup isn't the money or the term, there's still free publicity to be taken from this and this is just the team to exploit that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Two months and many, many, many media conversations. The holdup isn't the money or the term, there's still free publicity to be taken from this and this is just the team to exploit that.
Perhaps, if the team didn't already draw a line in the sand and also have a history of solving at the last moment.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
you and your tin foil hat. Jerry could fart and it is gonna get publicity. The Cowboys are a topic everyday on shows like Skips, SAS, Cownherd... no matter what. If Dak's deal was done, theyd turn to Aldon Smith or Gregory and start talking about him, or theyd talk about the rookie receiver being forced to wear 88, or theyd talk about Drew Pearson and the greatest trolling of eagles fans ever. It doesnt matter what is happening... the Cowboys are ratings gold, and during this crisis a ratings bonanza on crack.

Jerry gets all the attention he will ever need or desire by doing NOTHING.

Proof

Reaction score
I want to comment on this "playing for peanuts" or "outplaying his contract" talk

Dak was drafted where he was.... that is pretty much the end of the story. He signed that contract when he joined the team.

That is on him.

Maybe he should have played better when in college. Maybe he should have went to a different school to showcase his skills better. How about maybe he shouldn't have got himself arrested while being a college QB.

Either way I do not care what he made on his rookie deal. Cowboys shouldn't overpay now because he was underpaid before.

and the fact that he got to start from day 1 and play all these years gave him all that endorsement money he got to earn which he wouldn't have as a backup QB.

You missed the point and exposed yourself as a buffoon. Equally valuable though moving forward.

Proof

Reaction score
I can not stand to hear the BS about outplaying his rookie contract. He was drafted, he played, he started. Does every 4th rd Olineman that starts as a rookie outplay his rookie deal? Do we hear about it? The players agreed to the current CBA, and 4th rounders get what they get... period. The old guys sold the young guys out years ago... so you cant now tell owners hey, pay us old guys, but also throw out contracts of youngsters that"Outplay," their rookie deal.

Just ask yourself how many QBs youd take over Dak. Hell, I know of a college QB Id take over Dak.

That’s an unfortunate take. I’m sorry you hate hearing about it. Im
Not sure what 4th round OL have outplayed their draft position, simply starting isn’t the requisite tho. Winning rookie of the year, probowls, and performing amongst the top of the league are. And again, if you’d bothered to read, I didn’t say he deserved anything more for what he made and where he was slotted, I said that perhaps he is solely navigating the negotiations by those same parameters. That he honored his contract without a peep because that’s what you do, and is now negotiating for as much as he can possibly get, because that’s what you do. Just two sides to the same coin

Verdict

Reaction score
The dude has zero reason to sign anything until mid-July folks. Why can't so many of you get that?
Both sides are in wait and see mode. Both sides are hoping the other will cave in. Who will blink?

If they agree on money but are fighting over years, I think the Cowboys will ultimately give in. If they are fighting over dollars per year, I think it is much more uncertain who will give in.