Question to Cowboy fans?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if they pay him, they will lose more pieces surrounding him.
Are we sure they will lose major, or irreplaceable pieces?

And are we sure we can find someone better right away? I mean, at a minimum he is a top 10-14 QB, and there is argument for him being higher than that, and it clearly isn't that easy to find an elite QB. If it were Brady, Brees, Rogers and Wilson wouldn't still be considered among the small class of elite QBs (Brady admittedly faded some this year, but he's 42). There are more guys considered to be at that level in their 30's and 40s than in their 20's.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question when you qualify it that Dak will never reach a Super Bowl even with the elite coach. Why would anyone choose that option? You’d have to choose Garrett with an elite QB and hope he can overcome having Garrett as the coach. Take the qualifier out and I choose Dak with an elite coach 10 out of 10 times.
I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!! Very stupid set up.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Would you rather have Dak and an elite coach knowing that you will lose talents (from paying Dak) or have Jason Garrett and an elite QB (someone like Mahomes on a rookie contract) without losing any talents?

Edit: Re-editing the question
Needed a new head coach.
Lets see who we get

NewCoach

Reaction score
Mahomes is already with an elite coach, and the Chiefs haven't exactly dominated.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Would you rather have Dak and an elite coach knowing that you will lose talents (from paying Dak) or have Jason Garrett and an elite QB (someone like Mahomes on a rookie contract) without losing any talents?

You're tearing me apart!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Is this one of them danged trick questions, ya varmint?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No JG as coach. We had an elite QB in Romo. His elitness was wasted because of JG. U could put Brady or Rodgers back there with JG as coach and u arent going anywhere. JG sucks

n
Neither nor, hopefully.

But if I was forced to choose: I'd take Garrett and an elite, 6'4" pure pocket passing, QB. Give me Garrett and Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow or Drew Lock.

Dak improved pocket passing this year a lot...but he dipped in the clutch area....actually dipped bad

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
serioyslu. What a weird question

hey proof--i guess the word is Garrett is gone for sure...just not formal announcment until tomorrow..Ed Werder ESPN....but again its the Jerry factor that holds back our team....hope he allows next coach empowerment he needs?

Reaction score

The problem is that replacing a head coach is politically easier than finding a championship capable quarterback. Few want to admit that in a contract season with all those weapons Dak was unable to deliver, they'd rather dump the coach and play act like this will fix everything. Finding a franchise QB is gonna take some time and some luck.

BHendri5

Reaction score
I’d rather have Dak and JG and what we have with a fully healthy OLINE, with Jerry out of the mix and letting him coach.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
But if they pay him, they will lose more pieces surrounding him.
This is my problem. Dak tends to forget it cost the Cowboys a first round pick to get him the help necessary to help him succeed. You only pay Dak top dollar if he didn’t need the help.

Garrett on the other hand gets his backside handed to him any time he goes up against a good coaching staff in any meaningful game in the winter.

Given the two I’d have to go with the good coach and hope he and his staff can make Dak a better QB against the leagues best.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What makes you think having an elite coach will Prescott lose talents in the first place. I’ll keep Prescott an elite coach

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
What makes you think having an elite coach will Prescott lose talents in the first place. I’ll keep Prescott an elite coach

Because paying Dak mean you can't pay other players. Same reason with Goff getting pay, and we lost talent as a result.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak elite HC. Do you think Brady would have had six SB someplace else? He'd been cut year two.

plasticman

Reaction score
We are talking about new coaches, upcoming contracts, the draft.....before the the first playoff game is even played. How depressing.

leeblair

Reaction score

This isn't a serious question for fans who demand greatness from the Cowboys.
Neither option is acceptable.