Twitter: Quick Garrett Presser - 10/20/15

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Wow... people are so into their team and Dez in particular (understandable) .. no congrats to Cassel?

Congratulations to Matt Cassel and his family for the new member ... now Matty Cass .. let's get him a Welcoming W ...

:cool:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow... people are so into their team and Dez in particular (understandable) .. no congrats to Cassel?

Congratulations to Matt Cassel and his family for the new member ... now Matty Cass .. let's get him a Welcoming W ...

:cool:

Yep -- a new baby and a win would definitely be a great way to welcome him back to action. Sounds good.

dogberry

Reaction score
1. Was Clayton born in North Texas, or North New York State?

2. If the team is visiting NYC on Friday are they going up a day earlier?

3. If they go up a day earlier will the players pay an additional 1/365 th of their income to New Jersey?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well his real name is Desmond Bryant if that makes it sound more professional to you. I fail to see how a name has anything to do with what profession he's best suited for.
Its not always what you are suited for but how you package and sell yourself. Squigly Loompah and Jason Rutherford are both resumes u are reviewing for a management position at your Big 5 acct firm. Who you gonna hire. They have exact same scores and credentials and outgoing personalities.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Its not always what you are suited for but how you package and sell yourself. Squigly Loompah and Jason Rutherford are both resumes u are reviewing for a management position at your Big 5 acct firm. Who you gonna hire. They have exact same scores and credentials and outgoing personalities.

Then it sounds like either choice is a winner.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Having medical clearance indicates it's all about Dez dealing with pain at this point. And perhaps strength of the ankle/foot, but that's just me speculating. Interesting. Still think this is a true "gametime decision". He will travel and decision will be made Sunday morning.

If it is hurting lol how can it be healed ??
how can it not be ok 1 day but the next it is ok ??
Better to wait, I dont see how he could help with hurt foot, one of the main things he does
is go up for balls, and if he does that, when he comes down on that foot it better be healed.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think he's going to play. He's cleared and sounds like he's getting back to game shape. It would be hard to keep him off the field at this point unless they are concerned the injury could be reoccurring given the diagnosis which could be critical for his future and the Cowboys as well. This is pretty much as close to a "must win" as there is however it's probably too much risk if the foot could be further damaged by Dez's style of play which is with reckless abandon. Therefore I do not think he'll play. Wow, I need a beer.
:facepalm:

AzorAhai

Reaction score

So I have a guy named Desmond Casell or Jason Rutherford and the guy named Desmond should be crossed off my list because of his name? You just made up a name when what was being talked about was Dez's name. If you own a business and go off a persons name when hiring, then I wish you luck. You're going to need it.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
So I have a guy named Desmond Casell or Jason Rutherford and the guy named Desmond should be crossed off my list because of his name? You just made up a name when what was being talked about was Dez's name. If you own a business and go off a persons name when hiring, then I wish you luck. You're going to need it.
Fair enough. Desmond is more acceptable than Dez. You are missing the point. You asked what does a name have to do with what profession he is suited for. If this is your true stance any name shouldnt matter correct?

I'll have to disagree with you because i have a couple of friends who work at KPMG and a brother in law who works at an investment banking firm. They saw the post and agree if you have an absurd or non professional " odd" name the deck is stacked against you. I give you another example Todd Van Hoyt will have a better chance getting in the XieuLieu Linh. Im not saying i agree, i personally think it should be on merit but im a realist. The "establishment" wants you to look a certain way, drive a certain car, and behave a certain way. Its a ultra conservative industry. The same would go for politics. A candidate named Desmond isa much more viable candidate then Dez. Thats the truth. My sister is in IT recruiting and do you wanna guess how many H1 candidates are rejected when they just see their Indian/paki names. Several clients even flat out say give me 100% american born w normal name. This is the truth and if you dont believe me ask an highlevel IT recruiter ( not help desk jobs). I could give you tons more examples in other industries or with other companies where your name does matter and it does affect how your are perceived by hiring managers. Why do you think so many immigrants adopt "english" names. It actually helps in the job process.

Let me add that a persons name is part of the package just like his clothes, hair, appearance in general, and demeanor.

Disagree if you want but this is the truth in corporate america. You might find one or two outliers but the majority conform

I wanted to add that im not trying to be adversarial, you seem to be a good guy with a good outlook on the world.

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Cassel family is all aboard... baby even waited until BYE week to be born... now that is dedication. Just hope Matt can get us a couple wins before Romo gets back, the schedule should be on our side to get that accomplished.

Quarterback controversy!

Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
lol, yeah right... you know that would never happen. At best, Cassel is nothing but a band aid until Romo's return.

I was being sarcastic meaning = Cassel gets us a lot of wins.... As opposed to WeDone losses lol