Quick little story as to how we're America's Team

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Ok let me preface this by saying I am currently a 21 year old male enrolled at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. It's a college town. It's a party town.

So last night me and some friends go out to the bar since its dollar you call it night.. It's pretty busy for a Tuesday. I of course wore my Cowboys hat out to represent after that amazing game. Never in my life have I had so many conversations started just because of a hat. So many reactions. Guys, girls, bartenders, everyone. I literally was talking to new people all night simply because of the star. Hell, there was no need to break the ice with girls, as one of them simply came up to me and said, "Oh a Cowboys fan huh?" and that was that. Planning on meeting up w/ her Sunday night for the Packers game at a sports bar.

My point is, if in Iowa City, Iowa the Cowboys are the talk of the town, and can do this much on a Tuesday night, simply because of a HAT....we are truly America's Team. I love this team.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Cool post. This could be a good thread for people to share stories like that.

Here's a few of mine:

I was at an airport in Vegas a year ago. I had a Cowboys hat on, and the guy checking in my luggage was like, "Think this is the year we finally win that playoff game?"

A few weeks ago, the night of our preseason game against the Texans, I was leaving the grocery store wearing a Cowboys hat, and some old lady came up to me, asked if she could take my cart, and said, "Oh, and what time is the game tonight?" I don't know why, but that really cracked me up.

Just about everywhere I've lived -- in the U.S. and overseas -- the Cowboys are the talk of any NFL conversation. Pretty cool.

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I went to the Dallas v Denver pre-season game...the stands had to be 40% Cowboy fans...I would have never thought that that stadium would be full of Cowboy fans...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2268340 said:
Ok let me preface this by saying I am currently a 21 year old male enrolled at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. It's a college town. It's a party town.

Eat Madison's dust. :eek::

BuckyBadger.png

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
bbgun;2268468 said:
Eat Madison's dust. :eek::

BuckyBadger.png

Madison is fun, but I'll take IC anyday. Columbus is fun too.

btw You guys are goin down when you come to Kinnick. King and Krohl are going to tear PJ Hill apart!

robjgrif

Reaction score
I grew up in Fort Worth but now live and work in Long Beach California... Let me tell you, I was shocked when I started seeing at people everwhere wearing Cowboys jerseys. I have met people who have never lived or been to Texas who are hardcore cowboys fans. Who would of thought...

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Good story bro..

Well i got one 2, i stay over in Houston and my brother is a Texans fan, well one night he went out to hooters but he lost a bet so he had to wear my Felix Jones jersey... So he left to hooters and when he came back he said. "Hey bro i pulled a girls number because of the jersey, and the worst thing is that i pretended i love the cowboys"

I was laughing hard when he told me that, because he really prentend he was a cowboys fan just for that number . . .

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I live in NY and I read somewhere that 1/3 of the football fans are Cowboys fans.

When I go to a sportsbar there is easily close to half in Cowboys fans... some days we outnumber Gints fans.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I was down in Rocky Point, Mexico on vacation about a year ago in June. We went to a restaurant in town and I wore a Cowboys t-shirt. The waiter was more interested in talking to me about Los Vaqueros than he was about our meal. He was a nice guy and the food was great. I kid about his service. He did a great job.

He didn't speak any English, so the fact that I could speak to him in Spanish about the Cowboys seemed to really make his day. He was over-joyed that Tony Romo was the QB and that he has Mexican heritage. He said the Cowboys had always been Mexico's favorite team, but having Tony Romo makes it even moreso. The funniest thing he said about that was that if he wanted to pick up a girl in a bar all he needed was to wear his Cowboys gear.

lspain1

Reaction score
I live in Florida and recently my wife and I did a vacation drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway in my Cayman S. We stopped in Hershey, Pa and started on Skyline Drive all the way down to New Switzerland (landslide forced us off there). Stopped in Winchester, Charlottesville, Roanoke, and Spartanburg before returning home. I wear Cowboys T-shirts routinely and I don't know which got more comments, my car or my T-shirts. A fast car, a beautiful wife, and America's Team....I'm livin' the dream this year! :america:

starfan76

Reaction score
My friend and I attended our first game in Texas Stadium on Thanksgiving the year it was against the chiefs. As we were waiting to board one of the two charter buses out of Wichita Ks we were the only ones in cowboy gear. At our first stop there was noticeably more blue and silver. By the time we got to the stadium blue and silver was the majority.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When I wear one of my many Cowboys caps around the city eyes follow me. If I get close enough to someone who is smiling they always comment. Most of the times it's them informing me that they too are Cowboys fans.

I don't get many people saying negative things, but then again I spend most of my time in Manhatten. If I hit the outter boroughs, I might find a bit more negativity.

jgboys1

Reaction score
YoMick;2268690 said:
I live in NY and I read somewhere that 1/3 of the football fans are Cowboys fans.

When I go to a sportsbar there is easily close to half in Cowboys fans... some days we outnumber Gints fans.
I am part of that 1/3.:shades: :giants:

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2268340 said:

So last night me and some friends go out to the bar since its dollar you call it night.. It's pretty busy for a Tuesday. I of course wore my Cowboys hat out to represent after that amazing game. Never in my life have I had so many conversations started just because of a hat. So many reactions. Guys, girls, bartenders, everyone. I literally was talking to new people all night simply because of the star. Hell, there was no need to break the ice with girls, as one of them simply came up to me and said, "Oh a Cowboys fan huh?" and that was that. Planning on meeting up w/ her Sunday night for the Packers game at a sports bar.

My point is, if in Iowa City, Iowa the Cowboys are the talk of the town, and can do this much on a Tuesday night, simply because of a HAT....we are truly America's Team. I love this team.

sounds like you had a great time!whats her name??

Primetime42

Reaction score
I got my car inspected at the DMV the other day.

Dude doing the test finishes up, and noticing my blue hat with the big D on it (like Romo's) says "You pass or fail depending on this - Are you wearing that hat because it looks good or because you're a fan?"

Of course I tell him I'm a fan, and he say's "Great. Here's your label. We're going all the way this year", then turns to his co-worker and yells "*bleep* the Giants".

I live in NJ. Love it. :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2268494 said:
Madison is fun, but I'll take IC anyday. Columbus is fun too.

btw You guys are goin down when you come to Kinnick. King and Krohl are going to tear PJ Hill apart!

Meet me at the bike rack after school.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
bbgun;2268835 said:
Meet me at the bike rack after school.

Why so you can bring your big brother? Nope, I'm smarter than that. Meet me by the see-saw.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2268848 said:
Why so you can bring your big brother? Nope, I'm smarter than that. Meet me by the see-saw.

Fine. Meet me in St. Louis.