Quick little story as to how we're America's Team

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;2268777 said:
When I wear one of my many Cowboys caps around the city eyes follow me. If I get close enough to someone who is smiling they always comment. Most of the times it's them informing me that they too are Cowboys fans.

I don't get many people saying negative things, but then again I spend most of my time in Manhatten. If I hit the outter boroughs, I might find a bit more negativity.
One of the funniest negative things ever said to me when I was wearing Cowboys gear was when I first moved to Tucson.

It was 1989 and we sucked. I was on my Motorcycle and I was wearing a Herschell Walker jersey and I had my cap on backwards so it wouldn't blow off. This car pulled up in the right lane and it had 4 guys in it.

The guy in the back seat said, "did you buy that cap and jersey on sale?"

I laughed with them, and said, "Cowboys stuff sells even when we suck. There's no need to look for a sale."

The guy said, "you're a real fan, I respect that."

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
ok guys. I have this really HOT neighbor, who is a diehard Commanders Fan, and she is from Mesquite. Do you think throwin on my old Emmitt Jersey, help me hook up with her and her also hot Roommate???????

:D

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Rain Main...I swear to God I had that same guy in Vegas! I got to the baggage check and was wearing a Cowboys T-shirt and he gave me an exit row window seat on both legs, then wouldn't let me tip him.

This is a great thread because I'm sure we all have so many stories of hook-ups, perks, etc from fellow Cowboy fans. Hell I've done it. I've bought lots of drinks for people just wearing the gear, just sent it to them across the bar...and...I've got one great stripper story with my Aikman jersey but I think I'll save that one for the Playmaker.

The only problem might come when you're ordering that Philly cheesesteak in Philly...might want to check it before taking that first bite. :(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2269407 said:
Rain Main...I swear to God I had that same guy in Vegas! I got to the baggage check and was wearing a Cowboys T-shirt and he gave me an exit row window seat on both legs, then wouldn't let me tip him.

This is a great thread because I'm sure we all have so many stories of hook-ups, perks, etc from fellow Cowboy fans. Hell I've done it. I've bought lots of drinks for people just wearing the gear, just sent it to them across the bar...and...I've got one great stripper story with my Aikman jersey but I think I'll save that one for the Playmaker.

The only problem might come when you're ordering that Philly cheesesteak in Philly...might want to check it before taking that first bite. :(

Mine wasn't a Philly Cheesesteak. I had order a Chilli Cheese Dog and was extremely sick within 2 1/2 hours of eating it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I was in school at Louisiana State University when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls in the early and mid 1990's. There are Cowboys fans down here, but many more Saints fans. I used to wear Cowboys stuff at the bars in those days, and even wore a Cowboys tie to a somewhat formal event.

I was getting phone numbers from hot college girls left and right, got free drinks from female bartenders, and free shots from Jaegermeister girls. That blue star is an instant ice breaker, and no corny pick up lines are needed. I simply stayed quiet and let the blue star do the talking for me.

Once my friends noticed, they traded in their Saints gear for Cowboys gear. Many are still Cowboy fans to this day...

:starspin

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Primetime42;2268832 said:
I got my car inspected at the DMV the other day.

Dude doing the test finishes up, and noticing my blue hat with the big D on it (like Romo's) says "You pass or fail depending on this - Are you wearing that hat because it looks good or because you're a fan?"

Of course I tell him I'm a fan, and he say's "Great. Here's your label. We're going all the way this year", then turns to his co-worker and yells "*bleep* the Giants".

I live in NJ. Love it. :D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2269347 said:
ok guys. I have this really HOT neighbor, who is a diehard Commanders Fan, and she is from Mesquite. Do you think throwin on my old Emmitt Jersey, help me hook up with her and her also hot Roommate???????

You should ask the Magic 8 ball.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2269347 said:

Well if she is a Commanders fan you should open a Blog and post pictures like Cooley and give her the link .... lmao