Quick look at Zimmer's Defensive Personnel with the Vikings

blueblood70

Reaction score
Poor Zimmer will go from two legit DT's to a 220lb Mazi by training camp and Osa OgDisappearbyweek6.

Not getting my hopes up but hoping they lock Stephen up in March and actually sign a decent DT.
First of all, can you say things at least a little closer to the truth than saying really ridiculously wrong things.... Mazi is not 220 lbs..he did NOT lose 30lbs he was 327 at the combine and folks are guessing is current weight, no one knows for sure..,bet its 300 maybe 310 id like to see him at 330... It's not that hard for a big dude to put the weight back on and I'm sure they can figure that out since the true off season hasn't even started yet and then we have all the way until September you know like more than four months to prepare for the season...

so, you were off by almost 100 can we exaggerate more does the statement come with a pink dress and a tiara??

Bell weighs 210...

The other false narrative is we didn't have big middle linebackers and yet LOVE what's 247 and Clark sits at 238 and evans was 240... The fact is these guys may not be what an elite linebacker looks like but Dan Quinn didn't use them anyway he had bigger guys on this team which by the way I'm pretty sure hankins was close to 340..

Someone Zimmer comes in he has some players he can utilize and pick up a few more and it's not that far from being where he needs to probably get it it to fit some of his schemes...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wonder what Zimmer will do with Mazi? Will he bring a bucket of cheeseburgers with him to fatten Mazi back up?
Mazi's weight loss is a bunch of over exaggerations in here nobody knows exactly how much weight he lost from the 327 it was probably 20 lbs it's not that hard for a big man to put it back on but by the way he's never been fat have you looked at some of his shirtless pictures from training camp he's built more like tyron Smith he's a big man full of muscle he's not a fat person but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard in four months to get him back to his normal planning weight because I don't think he lost as much as this place wants to exaggerate because I've never seen a man step on a scale have you I mean if anybody actually seen him on a video step on the scale and show us how much he weighs because at the combine we all know he weighed 327 because they show it....

I don't think his weight loss was why he had problems like Jordan Davis who was picked 13th overall by the way he struggled his rookie season and I believe he'll make a nice progress year two especially with a new voice in zimmer's defense but let's stop the exaggerating act like this dude like buddy up there said he weighs 220 lbs I mean can we stop guessing the man's weight... He probably weighs around 300 to 310 right now and to get him to put 10 to 15 lbs back on maybe 20 not a big deal if that's what the new coaching staff wants him to do...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What titles and accomplishments does Zimmer have as DC or HC after 20 years?

The answer to that is all you need to know that this was a bad hire.
Why does only the last 20 years matter to you? Why not include when he was coaching with the Cowboys before? Would that be inconvenient to your narrative? Hell yes, it would, which is why you said it that way!

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I would love Reader at DT. He and Big Hank, MAYBE MAZI. All the elite teams have guys like this up front. Cant win without em.
I AGREE, I bring in Reader , and play a base 3-4 with a 3-3-5 mix.I feel that it would be a good scheme for the current roster .With some common sense upgrades ,BUT we all know how that goes.Add a big DT and a big athletic MLB , and we may be ready to play ball.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I AGREE, I bring in Reader , and play a base 3-4 with a 3-3-5 mix.I feel that it would be a good scheme for the current roster .With some common sense upgrades ,BUT we all know how that goes.Add a big DT and a big athletic MLB , and we may be ready to play ball.
no more smoke and mirrors. Agree. Big nasty hard to move dt's and ends. The more we can find, the better.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Some positions were changed over, but here are the core starters during his time as Viking HC"

DE-Hunter/Griffen. Hunter was an elite edge rusher in his defense. By the way he is a fa this offseason. Could Sam Williams become our Hunter?
DT-Linval Joseph. A legitimate 1 Tech with massive size. This was suppose to be Mazi, but they probably have to add a veteran.

MLB-Kendricks We are going to have to find our Mike linebacker this offseason as Lve's career looks to be over.
OLB-Barr. Parsons fits this role to a tee.

CB-Rhodes/Waynes-2 former 1st rd picks, with Rhodes being elite at this time. Zimmer always has valued high level corners. Wouldn't be shocked if they add another
S-Harrison Smith/Anthony Harris. 2 high level safeties.
Kendricks was such a huge part of Zims defense. He was underrated and kinda overshadowed by the stud DEs and DBs. Kendricks was one of the best coverage linebackers and best at diagnosing plays in Zims defense......and not to mention he was physical and could tackle! This defense sorely needs a Kendricks!

deerhunter11

Reaction score
no more smoke and mirrors. Agree. Big nasty hard to move dt's and ends. The more we can find, the better.
Hey this defense can be good next year with some personel changes .And Zimmer will instill some much needed heart to this weak culture .I am very optimistic about coach Zimmer,he could be just what this D needs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hey this defense can be good next year with some personel changes .And Zimmer will instill some much needed heart to this weak culture .I am very optimistic about coach Zimmer,he could be just what this D needs.
they gotta want it. I question that aspect. They seem satisfied. I think Zim might have to find his guys that will listen to what hes layin down. Not sure we have them here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we have a big nasty,smart dline and decent linebacker upgrades, we will be in every game. Much remains to be seen of course. Im interested to see what changes are iin store.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Kendricks was such a huge part of Zims defense. He was underrated and kinda overshadowed by the stud DEs and DBs. Kendricks was one of the best coverage linebackers and best at diagnosing plays in Zims defense......and not to mention he was physical and could tackle! This defense sorely needs a Kendricks!
Very underrated player! No doubt this team needs a stud Mike linebacker.