Quinn hiring gets D+

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
DC had to settle with DQ, and DQ had to settle with going to DC. This won't end well for either one.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Yea seems like more of what they just had. I’d be pissed if I were a commodes fan.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
What no F. Easily the worst hiring of this cycle. Washington is just kicking the can down the road but they did us a favor and got Quinn out of here.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There seems to be a weird pattern with Quinn. He builds a team (or a defense) that performs really well and ends up collapsing in a big game. The Falcons' Super Bowl collapse after a big lead was the ugliest SB I've seen. Then the Cowboys Green Bay game was a nightmare. The only equally ugly game in Dallas history I can think of was the '85 blowout loss to the Bears. Yes, part of the Green Bay game is due to an inept offense, but we probably would have lost that game even if the offense had played its best. Our D looked like it couldn't stop a Pop Warner team. It looked like we took a bunch of preseason scrubs and had them play together for the very first time. I'm not sure what to make of this pattern, but with Quinn it's like his team plays great and then is suddenly completely incompetent. He did turn our D around from being atrociously bad to being a very good D, but I still haven't figured out why it had a total implosion in the Green Bay game. Did they just drink beer all week and not bother to practice or study film? I know that's probably not what happened, but it was as if it did.

John813

Reaction score
Trade Nahshon Wright for a 4th round pick to Quinn to help rebuild his defense

Big_D

Reaction score
We'll see what he does with the offense? Whitt is a quality start on D..

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I still say the Commanders wanted MacDonald, the DC for the Ravens, but the Seahags got him and they settled for DQ. Good for Dallas, bad for the Commanders. If they had wanted DQ, they could have got him last week.
It's like me getting picked last for kickball, because there simply wasn't another body to pick. That was Quinn, and he knows it.

Big_D

Reaction score
It's like me getting picked last for kickball, because there simply wasn't another body to pick. That was Quinn, and he knows it.
I'm surprised they didn't bring in a young offensive minded HC. You knew Ron was gone either way but this hire is a bit of a surprise from the new ownership in DC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think dan will turn wash into a good team,next season.
you cant judge him by one game or his time with cowboys cherry picked.
Cowboys went from awful on defense to pretty good.

you guys look at points scored, but a lot of that was on the offense.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I think dan will turn wash into a good team,next season.
you cant judge him by one game or his time with cowboys cherry picked.
Cowboys went from awful on defense to pretty good.

you guys look at points scored, but a lot of that was on the offense.
He only looked good cause he took over from literally the worst DC in team history