Twitter: Quinn on UDFA S Markquese Bell

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think he would have been the Cowboys 7th round pick if they had one.

He's got a shot to be a real player. Unlike the usual riff-raff that gets hyped this time of year.

So a player like Dennis Houston has no real chance, but Bell does? Why, because you think so?

RS12

Reaction score
I think he would have been the Cowboys 7th round pick if they had one.

He's got a shot to be a real player. Unlike the usual riff-raff that gets hyped this time of year.
Wait wut? Are you inferring that Dennis Houston is the next Stepfret Williams?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So a player like Dennis Houston has no real chance, but Bell does? Why, because you think so?

No, because Dan Quinn seems to think so -- let's see if it works out -- what's there to lose?

That's not to say Dennis Houston won't work out, or he will -- everyone deserves a chance.

gimmesix

Reaction score
No, because Dan Quinn seems to think so . . . let see if it works out -- what's there to lose?!

I think Bell has a real good shot at making the roster. My comment was more about similar positive comments being made about other players. Most of us are not at camp, so I don't think we can pick and choose what praise is just hyped-up riffraff.

I'm not saying who will make the team because we have a long way to go and a lot to see before then, but I don't think we can just dismiss the praise for a player like Houston while saying that Bell has a shot. That's talking out of both sides of your mouth IMO due to how little we know and both players drawing praise.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It’s gonna be interesting because we have a nice group at safety and only so many spots
Someone is gonna end up on the IR with an ankle spring lol

I'm not sold on Mukuamu or Coyle, so I'm not sure how deep the position is. Kearse, Hooker and Wilson are the only guarantees.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Wait wut? Are you inferring that Dennis Houston is the next Stepfret Williams?

I think Risen likes receivers about as much as he likes cornerbacks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Bell has a real good shot at making the roster. My comment was more about similar positive comments being made about other players. Most of us are not at camp, so I don't think we can pick and choose what praise is just hyped-up riffraff.

I'm not saying who will make the team because we have a long way to go and a lot to see before then, but I don't think we can just dismiss the praise for a player like Houston while saying that Bell has a shot. That's talking out of both sides of your mouth IMO due to how little we know and both players drawing praise.

Houston has been displaying talents that we've been longing to be blessed with. I wouldn't dream of minimizing his chances of making the Cowboys' roster. Let's give each talented player a major opportunity to prove his wares before deciding who's worthy of roster spots and who's not. We've been blessed with some amazing talent to be tested among our UDFAs, so far in camp. I'm extremely pleased to see Dennis Houston among them. This isn't over -- much to the contrary. I'm hoping he'll get his chance to succeed as much as anyone.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Houston has been displaying talents that we've been longing to be blessed with. I wouldn't dream of minimizing his chances of making the Cowboys' roster. Let's give each talented player a major opportunity to prove his wares before deciding who's worthy of roster spots and who's not. We've been blessed with some amazing talent to be tested among our UDFAs, thus far in camp. I'm extremely pleased to see Dennis Houston among them. This isn't over -- much to the contrary.

Don't take that as me not wanting us to sign a vet WR. I'd be all over that because we don't know how Houston, Vasher, Turpin, etc., are going to turn out.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Don't take that as me not wanting us to sign a vet WR. I'd be all over that because we don't know how Houston, Vasher, Turpin, etc., are going to turn out.

Agreed. The #1 consideration at his point in time is to find out who deserves what and if it will affect this team in a positive way. It's a numbers game, when all is said and done. Let's hope the final decisions are ones that will make us all proud.

There are huge decisions yet to be made. I'm hoping they will lead to a championship of some sort at season's end. Exactly what that entails will be revealed in due time. Let's keep the faith alive. We have a good team -- how good remains to be seen. I think Dennis Houston might win a place on this team if all goes well. We'll see how the chips fall. So far, so good. There are others to be hopeful of, as well. ;)

Barr was the only vet that I felt was worth a decent contract. He's got the history to prove himself worthy, unlike some of the others. I think he has a good chance to work out. We'll see about that. Great decisions are a rare commodity for us. I'm hopeful this is one.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mentioned when we signed him that I coach with someone in his family and he told me to be on the lookout for this kid. Been hearing good things every sin e.
Wow, someone in his family has confidence in him? I'm sold! J/K, I hope he ends up being a great find for us!