Quinton Coples?

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
He was just cut by the jets, any interest you think in bringin him in? I always thought he was a bad fit in the 3-4, dude was meant to play 4-3 DE/DT, methinks he would be a perfect fit in this D...

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
page5_blog_entry777_3.png

If he's so good, why is he available?

fifaguy

Reaction score
Wasn't he a first round draft pick just 2-3 years ago?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Tar Heel fan here. Not surprised he was released. Lazy, lazy guy. I would want no part of him.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
wonder if he could play strongside end. We need to do alil better job stopping the run. Or play him as a 3 tech?

Shunpike

Reaction score
Wasn't he a first round draft pick just 2-3 years ago?

He was. He was drafted as a defensive lineman but Rex tried to convert him into 3-4 OLB since with his size he was not good for the front 3 in the 3-4 scheme. To adjust better, Coples lost weight but that didn't speed him up either. This season he just gave up on Jets. Bowles is a no bull**** guy and Coples is well known for being a tad lazy. I am hoping Giants can pick him up but I don't think it will happen. Someone will pick him up well before Giants do. Cowboys have a shot though.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Coples had zero sacks through the first 10 games of the season, but had a career-best 6.5 sacks in 2014 and a total of 16.5 in the first three seasons of his career.

He was selected first round 3 years ago. My guess is he doesnt make it past the browns on the waiver wire.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tar Heel fan here. Not surprised he was released. Lazy, lazy guy. I would want no part of him.

He was putting up solid numbers his first 3 years. Looks like he was a poor fit for Bowles system. Should be a DE at his size.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We don't need anymore Xerox Copies on this team we have enough duplicates of the same players on the roster already.

egn22

Reaction score
I'm interested. Came here to post this specific thread. 4-3 DE, w pedigree, talent, coming from a scheme that he wasn't successful with. Might be a great fit w us.
His motor has been questioned since coming out and there's been questions about his work ethic, but maybe he just needs to be surrounded by the right coaches in the right scheme.
Worth a shot to me.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Liked him back in his draft year. Think he was miscast in a 3-4. Doubt anyone picks up his $7.8MM contract though. Probably clears waivers.

Strange that he's at OLB in a 3-4. He's listed at 6-6/290. Must be a major liability vs the run at 5 tech.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IF any coach can get him to play at a high level it's Marinelli.