"At the beginning of the season...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
...if someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled"

The first person that says this is gonna get booted through the uprights in a way the Billy Cundiff could only dream of... :D

7-3...our fate in our hands....we folded like a cheap suit.

Shame really....

Was there progress this year? Sure, especially when compared to that roster we ran out on the field last year...ya know, The Bill Parcells Oldies Reunion Tour"...but this kind of ending does NOT feel gratifying.

Bring on the off season...maybe Romo will get some time tonight.

NOT.

Gaede

Reaction score
I hope we get to see some Romo tonight. He's our backup and hasn't thrown one single NFL pass!

Do the right thing BP!!! Give the kid a chance!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Gaede said:
I hope we get to see some Romo tonight. He's our backup and hasn't thrown one single NFL pass!

Do the right thing BP!!! Give the kid a chance!

I agree. Three years and the guy still hasn't thrown a pass...amazing actually...we have had two old trees at QB and neither one has missef a game

calico

Reaction score
I want to see Romo after the first quarter and maybe even Henson...but then again I also want to win the lottery and sleep with Angelina Jolie...

burmafrd

Reaction score
This would be the third year in a row that our starting QB was in all 16 games. Do you realize how RARE that is?

Asklesko

Reaction score
Well, then.... If, at the beginning of the season, someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled. :D

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
calico said:
I want to see Romo after the first quarter and maybe even Henson...but then again I also want to win the lottery and sleep with Angelina Jolie...

:lmao2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Asklesko said:
Well, then.... If, at the beginning of the season, someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled. :D

:lmao:

Does anyone volunteer to be the holder while I boot Asklesko through the uprights? :D

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Agreed....stupidest saying that there ever was.

Every year is a new year. Our fans act as if we are the only one that can't go from 5-11 to 11-5 in one season.

Also, at 7-3, perceptions change. There is NO WAY that we should have gone from 7-3 and in the hunt for the division to being OUT of the playoffs.

This is year THREE people. There is not ONE of us that said that we wouldn't be in the playoffs this year....BP's THIRD year. He has as many playoff wins as Campo does. Campo's teams were much worse. The reply to that statement will be "But, we are set for the future." You don't know that. We DID have the most expensive day in Cowboys history in this off-season....it was NOT for next year. BP and JJ will tell you that.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yea Juke, you are right.

It doesn't matter what we predicted last summer.

What matters is we didn't seize the gold that was right there in our hand.

And that the freaking SKINS and JINTS did.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yea Juke, you are right.

It doesn't matter what we predicted last summer.

What matters is we didn't seize the gold that was right there in our hand.

And that the freaking SKINS and JINTS did.

Hi ya Musie...

THe Giants really impressed me these last few weeks because they did it with all the injuries and a kid QB.

The Skins flat out played well..

We folded.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I tell you, this has been a nightmare honestly- just 4 weeks ago all kinds of miracles would have had to happen for Washington and Pittsburgh to make the playoffs and for us to miss-well...Screw 2005, it was a bad year for me all the way around and 2006 has great potential to be even worse.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I got an empty feeling about the whole thing. I dont see BP putting in Romo,he will tell us he wanted to end the season on a winning note and Drew gives us the best chance.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Purcells was blessed with a ton of cap space and was able to get the free agents of his choosing. The decisions he made in the Spring cost us this fall.

In 3 years, he hasn't produced a single playoff win, and only one appearance, a meaningless game by the ragtag bunch in '03.

Some will say "it's the first year of the 3-4" and point to the 3 or 4 game improvement over last year. I point to the fact he's had plentiful resources and 3 full seasons to make this team a contender, and has failed.

If Purcells didn't have the repuation he earned 15 years ago, he'd be gone tomorrow. Regrettably, he won't be.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
what hurts is finding out at the last minute you are eliminated.

usually you know you are eliminated weeks in advance.........

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
...if someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled"

The first person that says this is gonna get booted through the uprights in a way the Billy Cundiff could only dream of... :D

Shame really....

Was there progress this year? Sure, especially when compared to that roster we ran out on the field last year...ya know, The Bill Parcells Oldies Reunion Tour"...but this kind of ending does NOT feel gratifying.

NOT.
If someone would have told Parcells that we would lose 3 games on missed field goals, then he would have gone after a kicker when we all knew that was one of our biggest weaknesses.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't know....

Yes, we were sitting pretty at 7-3. You can say we had "gold" in our hands.

But take a look at what happened.....

We hit a brutal part of the schedule....On the road at NY, Carolina, and Washington, Denver and KC at home. I can remeber a bunch of folks at the 8 game mark lamenting at the difficulty of our schedule and how it was tough considering our.......

Injuries.....

We had lost Flozell, but only for a couple of games. Tucker had been good enough against teams like AZ and Detroit, but we were going against some tough defenses. I know a bunch of folks want to rake Parcells over the coals, but we're lucky Tucker hasn't gotten Bledsoe killed. It's the gameplanning by Big Bill that's kept DB alive.

Along with Flo, we've lost Dat, AlS, Henry, Julius Jones, Ratliff, Burnett, and Crayton to major injuries....not just for one or two games....but for an extended period of time. We've had to adjust our entire approach due to our injuries.

And through it all, we've still been in a position to win each and every game (except the Skins). Now, I may be Pollyanna here, but I think we've done well considering our difficulties.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Shame really....

NOT.

I agree..progress but not enough..and faded in the last half of the season..if we win 10-6 is ok..but I expected much more from this team!!

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hi ya Musie...

THe Giants really impressed me these last few weeks because they did it with all the injuries and a kid QB.

The Skins flat out played well..

We folded.

No-the Gints beat the Raiders yesterday 'cuz Norv Turner did a worse coaching job in that game.

And how did you NOT see the exposed weaknesses of the Skins today?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
wah wah.... lemme warm you up a bottle. ;)

too bad we didn't start with the division games on the road as we'd never had been 7-3. Romo has no business playing tonight barring injury or a blowout.

Juke99 said:

Shame really....

NOT.