"At the beginning of the season...

Novacek84

Reaction score
10-6 is an acceptable record it's just how we got there that is disappointing. When you are 7-3 you have to make the playoffs with a strong finish. If we were 5-5 and finished 10-6 I think we'd all feel better about things and we'd probably be in the playoffs. This team's inability to close out games (i.e at SEA, at OAK, DEN) really caused this team's demise. Say what you want about injuries but all those games were there for the taking.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
chinch said:
wah wah.... lemme warm you up a bottle. ;)

too bad we didn't start with the division games on the road as we'd never had been 7-3. Romo has no business playing tonight barring injury or a blowout.

You make a good point...

But...I think we all would have expected the defense to play better as the season progressed...

Whatever....I'm hoping we kick butt tonight.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TunaFan33 said:
No-the Gints beat the Raiders yesterday 'cuz Norv Turner did a worse coaching job in that game.

And how did you NOT see the exposed weaknesses of the Skins today?

Tell ya what....I watch both of them in the playoffs next week...and I'll let you know my feelings then. :D

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:
10-6 is an acceptable record it's just how we got there that is disappointing. When you are 7-3 you have to make the playoffs with a strong finish. If we were 5-5 and finished 10-6 I think we'd all feel better about things and we'd probably be in the playoffs. This team's inability to close out games (i.e at SEA, at OAK, DEN) really caused this team's demise. Say what you want about injuries but all those games were there for the taking.

Honestly-I think Dat and Al S' injuries were the significant ones 'cuz they have been our Team Captains from the word GO.

After those gut-wrenching losses against SEA and OAK, we rebounded nicely the week after. However-w/o them after that Denver loss, this team was just begging for ANY leadership. You saw it in their eyes throughout Dec.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:

Ya know....if we were the Jets, I'd accept injury talk...this team did not have a lot of injuries...heck the Giants lost both tackles...and all their starting LB's and still beat us...

The injuries became a magnified problem because we have no depth...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hi ya Musie...

THe Giants really impressed me these last few weeks because they did it with all the injuries and a kid QB.

The Skins flat out played well..

We folded.
Yup, ten ultimate wins or not, we folded.

Folded and faded when the damn SKINS turned it up.

Much as I worship Bill, I can only in my heart of heart give him one more season. It may be his energy level is now insufficient to manage every detail and plot every course needed to make the playoffs in a now very competitive division.

I will esteem him as man and coach no less, but age is a factor none of us can avoid.

We shall see..and I'll be watching this game tonite with tears in my eyes for a whole lotta reasons.

This has been a memorably rewarding but painful season.

I'm outta here for awhile my friend ... got a lot of work to do and my patience is wearing as short as Bill's playbook. Lest I be melting down along with my boy, it's adios til I can get my perspective back. :)

later!

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I don't know....

Yes, we were sitting pretty at 7-3. You can say we had "gold" in our hands.

But take a look at what happened.....

We hit a brutal part of the schedule....On the road at NY, Carolina, and Washington, Denver and KC at home. I can remeber a bunch of folks at the 8 game mark lamenting at the difficulty of our schedule and how it was tough considering our.......

Injuries.....

We had lost Flozell, but only for a couple of games. Tucker had been good enough against teams like AZ and Detroit, but we were going against some tough defenses. I know a bunch of folks want to rake Parcells over the coals, but we're lucky Tucker hasn't gotten Bledsoe killed. It's the gameplanning by Big Bill that's kept DB alive.

Along with Flo, we've lost Dat, AlS, Henry, Julius Jones, Ratliff, Burnett, and Crayton to major injuries....not just for one or two games....but for an extended period of time. We've had to adjust our entire approach due to our injuries.

And through it all, we've still been in a position to win each and every game (except the Skins). Now, I may be Pollyanna here, but I think we've done well considering our difficulties.

I'm with you. Would have been nice to make the playoffs, but 10-6 almost always gets you in, and this year it won't. Down the stretch, we lost to a 13-3 team at home, and to 2 playoff teams on the road. There's no shame in that IMO.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yup, ten ultimate wins or not, we folded.

Folded and faded when the damn SKINS turned it up.

Much as I worship Bill, I can only in my heart of heart give him one more season. It may be his energy level is now insufficient to manage every detail and plot every course needed to make the playoffs in a now very competitive division.

I will esteem him as man and coach no less, but age is a factor none of us can avoid.

We shall see..and I'll be watching this game tonite with tears in my eyes for a whole lotta reasons.

This has been a memorably rewarding but painful season.

I'm outta here for awhile my friend ... got a lot of work to do and my patience is wearing as short as Bill's playbook. Lest I be melting down along with my boy, it's adios til I can get my perspective back. :)

later!

Everyone fades...musicians...actors...authors...Cbz... :D It's just a fact of life....I do admire Parcells...always have....I just think he may be at the end...

Well, ya got me email addy so don't be a stranger...

Bizwah

Reaction score
The Great Number 8 said:
I'm with you. Would have been nice to make the playoffs, but 10-6 almost always gets you in, and this year it won't. Down the stretch, we lost to a 13-3 team at home, and to 2 playoff teams on the road. There's no shame in that IMO.

It's not just that....

We did it with one hand ripped off our arm.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I really dont even care anymore.

Bledsoe will play the entire time.

Juke, I think the real question you should have asked is....

3 years ago, when everyone heard Big Bill was going to be our coach, 3 years later did you think he would have the same playoff record winning percentage as Campo and Gailey?

Im so sick of this garbage....

- Mike G.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Everyone fades...musicians...actors...authors...Cbz... :D It's just a fact of life....I do admire Parcells...always have....I just think he may be at the end...

Heh-finally we agree on something. I too feel the game has passed Tuna by.

My gut feeling is that he's gonna announce his retirement tomorrow.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I really dont even care anymore.

Bledsoe will play the entire time.

Juke, I think the real question you should have asked is....

3 years ago, when everyone heard Big Bill was going to be our coach, 3 years later did you think he would have the same playoff record winning percentage as Campo and Gailey?

Im so sick of this garbage....

- Mike G.

Hey bud...

Well...as the coach sez, you are what your record says you are...he's been mediocre...

If we took his name away from him...there would be people here who would want to string him up for last season...and for how the team folded this season...

When a coach is paid almost 5 million per season, he should be able to coach them to a playoff spot when the team leads the division after TEN games.

Whatever....time will tell...I just don't think he's gonna bring this team to elite status.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TunaFan33 said:
Heh-finally we agree on something. I too feel the game has passed Tuna by.

My gut feeling is that he's gonna announce his retirement tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ya think???

I don't see it.

Hey.....we agree that this is a great site with great members. :D

jimmy40

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
...if someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled"

The first person that says this is gonna get booted through the uprights in a way the Billy Cundiff could only dream of... :D

7-3...our fate in our hands....we folded like a cheap suit.

Shame really....

Was there progress this year? Sure, especially when compared to that roster we ran out on the field last year...ya know, The Bill Parcells Oldies Reunion Tour"...but this kind of ending does NOT feel gratifying.

Bring on the off season...maybe Romo will get some time tonight.

NOT.
Complete waste of a season on offense.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I predicted we would be 11-5 because of some of the players we got and because I expected some of our young players to get better, so i'm very dissapointed. We choked plain and simple. To top it all of we still don't have our QB of the future and we have a coach that every year theres gonna be rumors whether he is going to retire or not

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Novacek84 said:

It isn't fair to say we didn't close in Oakland and Denver as we were never ahead in those games. Seattle and Washington were examples of failing to close.

The problem with choking away games in Seattle, at home to Washington and on the road to a vastly inferior Raider team is that it took away our ability to lose some late and still make the playoffs. Win just one of those games and we are in.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Complete waste of a season on offense.

Patchwork offense...

And how a team that planned on playing ball control...and keeping the score close until the fourth quarter could go into the season with Cundiff, is beyond me.

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
Da Hammer said:
I predicted we would be 11-5 because of some of the players we got and because I expected some of our young players to get better, so i'm very dissapointed. We choked plain and simple. To top it all of we still don't have our QB of the future and we have a coach that every year theres gonna be rumors whether he is going to retire or not

As long as Jerry owns this team, the Boys will NEVER have an Aikman-like QB for awhile-regardless who's the coach.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
...if someone would have told ya that we'd be in the hunt til the last week of the season, you'd have been thrilled"

The first person that says this is gonna get booted through the uprights in a way the Billy Cundiff could only dream of... :D

7-3...our fate in our hands....we folded like a cheap suit.

Shame really....

Was there progress this year? Sure, especially when compared to that roster we ran out on the field last year...ya know, The Bill Parcells Oldies Reunion Tour"...but this kind of ending does NOT feel gratifying.

Bring on the off season...maybe Romo will get some time tonight.

NOT.

I agree.

And next year we get to field an even older QB and WR's. Great. I can see all sorts of the progress being made their. :rolleyes:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey bud...

Well...as the coach sez, you are what your record says you are...he's been mediocre...

If we took his name away from him...there would be people here who would want to string him up for last season...and for how the team folded this season...

When a coach is paid almost 5 million per season, he should be able to coach them to a playoff spot when the team leads the division after TEN games.

Whatever....time will tell...I just don't think he's gonna bring this team to elite status.

You are 100% correct as with most things.

Im so PO'ed right now I dont even know what to do. I think I may have to self-ban myself for a while before I say some things that will make you guys do it for me.

Man, I am sick of being at home and having to find a second team to root for.

Your right, take away the name Parcells and everyone here even the "but but but we went 10-6" and Mickey Spagnola crowd would want to hang Robert Dewayne Parcells from the roof tops.

I really thought the days of missing the playoffs were behind us after 3 years under Parcells. Your right, when you are one of the highest paid coaches, you should be coaching teams in the Post-Season.

Tuna really has to show me something next year or I am gonna jump off his wagon completely.

Worst YET, we still dont have a young buck at QB who is the future of this team.

Time to get up to speed on what's going on in the NBA :bang2: .

- Mike G.