"Bulletin Board" Material from Commanders Writer

bigE79

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;3449570 said:
Somehow Jim Zorn managed to in September 2008

That Cowboys roster was stacked. The Commanders came in with Jason Campbell at QB and controlled that entire game in Dallas.

First game of the year. Do yourself a favor and don't expect Dallas to win 35-7
You are right,i expect dallas to win 35-0:suxskins:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
It must suck being a Commanders fan.

The Commanders are basically the Washington Generals to our Globetrotters. Or for those of you who remember your analogies from school,
Dallas Cowboys : Washington Commanders :: Harlem Globetrotters : Washington Generals

One's the Daddy. One's the *****.

Mansta54

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;3449554 said:
Most of the interview is overly optimistic in my opinion, although 8-8 is where I see us.

However, to discount the Commanders in week 1 is just silly. Its the first game of the season, in DC. The first game of the season is probably the most unpredictable the entire year. as its the first time a team plays all its starters 4 quarters going full tilt.

Its the one week of the year I don't place any bets

So what!!! Ahh, I believe we SHUT YOU OUT in DC.....

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3449449 said:
Ah, it's good to know that the Skins defense will soon be the same kind of wreck it was in Denver.

:lmao: I'm sure no other coach has been watching film of their Week One opponent. That Shanny is a genius!

And funny how being a perfectionist didn't stop a truly epic collapse for the Donks a couple of years ago.

I think Haslett breaks that trend. He is too good of a coach not to do well with the talent that the Skins have on D.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BAT;3450221 said:
I think Haslett breaks that trend. He is too good of a coach not to do well with the talent that the Skins have on D.

I agree on Haslett, BAT. My point was that if Shanny is truly 100% in charge of personnel, we can eventually look forward to those good players being replaced with the Jarvis Mosses and Eb Ekubans of the world. :)

Mansta54

Reaction score
BAT;3450221 said:

Really? Please tell me what talent they have on D other then A-Rag-Pole? Fat Albert is lazy and worthless, Fletcher is good but is 60yrs old, their secondary absolutely sucks unless you like Phillip Buchannon, Carlos Stonehands Rogers, or Landry who bites on pump fakes worse then Roy Williams did. Please, tell me all about their talent on D...

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Mansta54;3450229 said:
Really? Please tell me what talent they have on D other then A-Rag-Pole? Fat Albert is lazy and worthless, Fletcher is good but is 60yrs old, their secondary absolutely sucks unless you like Phillip Buchannon, Carlos Stonehands Rogers, or Landry who bites on pump fakes worse then Roy Williams did. Please, tell me all about their talent on D...

:laugh2: Just because you don't like a team does not mean they automatically reek. You cannot recognize that the Skins have a very talented front 7? Haynesworth is a *****, but that does not mean he is not talented. He was the most dominant DL in the NFL just 2 seasons ago. He could be a force as a 3-4 end. Carriker is a former first rounder and all day sucker, he will improve as he is barely 3 seasons as a starter. And if Kemoeatu (at 350) gets his head straight, he will be stout at NT. Orakpo is a budding star at OLB. Fletcher may be "60 years old" but he's been the best MLB in the Beast the last few years, easily. Fletcher is not showing his age and should have been a pro bowler last season. Andre Carter is better than average and may find a career resurrection (similar to Ellis) when he switches to OLB. The secondary not so much, especially at corner, but this unit is not the worst in the division. Landry's is unquestionably talented, and will play closer to the LOS which negates his coverage flaws a lot, and both Doughty and Horton are smart hard working players who were surprisingly effective as starters.

And I love how you put in the preemptive excuses about character or minor flaws to discount their talent. The fact remains, the Skins have a talented front 7, they have always played tough, even after Gregg left. And Haslett is better than the guy that he replaced.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3450227 said:
I agree on Haslett, BAT. My point was that if Shanny is truly 100% in charge of personnel, we can eventually look forward to those good players being replaced with the Jarvis Mosses and Eb Ekubans of the world. :)

We can only hope C-Lab. :D

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Jongb35;3449411 said:
Q: Any final NFC East standings prediction?
Dallas: 10-6 (1st round exit in playoffs)
Commanders: 8-8 (Injuries hit again given our older roster)
Eagles: 8-8 (The two games Kolb started were against the Saints and Chiefs, and he threw 3 INTs vs the Saints. I’m not buying into his success.)
Giants: 7-9 (Nothing they did this off-season impressed me.)
I’m telling you now the Commanders will win Week One. Shanahan is a perfectionist and has been watching Cowboys game film since he took the job. Plus, of course, it’ll probably be the only week of the year every Commander is healthy.

Who does he expect to make the playoffs out of the NFC, then? :confused:

Mansta54

Reaction score
BAT;3450258 said:
:laugh2: Just because you don't like a team does not mean they automatically reek. You cannot recognize that the Skins have a very talented front 7? Haynesworth is a *****, but that does not mean he is not talented. He was the most dominant DL in the NFL just 2 seasons ago. He could be a force as a 3-4 end. Carriker is a former first rounder and all day sucker, he will improve as he is barely 3 seasons as a starter. And if Kemoeatu (at 350) gets his head straight, he will be stout at NT. Orakpo is a budding star at OLB. Fletcher may be "60 years old" but he's been the best MLB in the Beast the last few years, easily. Fletcher is not showing his age and should have been a pro bowler last season. Andre Carter is better than average and may find a career resurrection (similar to Ellis) when he switches to OLB. The secondary not so much, especially at corner, but this unit is not the worst in the division. Landry's is unquestionably talented, and will play closer to the LOS which negates his coverage flaws a lot, and both Doughty and Horton are smart hard working players who were surprisingly effective as starters.

And I love how you put in the preemptive excuses about character or minor flaws to discount their talent. The fact remains, the Skins have a talented front 7, they have always played tough, even after Gregg left. And Haslett is better than the guy that he replaced.

Yep you're right I don't like them but that's NOT why I don't think they're gonna be a good D. They're switching to a 3-4 which isn't a easy adjustment if you DON"T have the personell. They're front 7 was decent in the 4-3, totally different from a 3-4. Fat Albert DOESN'T want to play NT and has said it and proved it and he's lazy. You can't have a lazy NT. Carriker, is a castoff who you're ASSUMING will improve. Again, Fletcher was a damn good MLB but that's totally different from playing the 3-4 and yes he's OLD and only getting OLDER. Carter was shipped out of SF cause he could'nt play the OLB spot there in the 3-4, he doesn't have the mobility to cover and play in space. Landry is a clown who bites all the time and hasn't been the same in the run game since Jacobs trucked him up in NY. Doughty and Horton are average at best. Infact, Horton was benched for Doughty last year but now according to you he's gonna be a world beater this season.. I live in the area and watch every Foreskin game and their D was highly overrated and couldn't stop anyone when they had to. I watched the Lions on a 21 game losing streak run the ball down their throat for over 200yrds with a ROOKIE QB who made plays at will to beat them. I don't care what their ranking was, rankings can be very misleading. They weren't very good on D last year at all. Me, not liking them has absolutely jack to do with how I feel about their talent and performance on D last year.. You sound like a closet Foreskin fan, you see alot of silver linings in their D and team that I just don't see and neither do the others. Every NFL pulication I've read so far has them finishing DEAD LAST in the east again this year..

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
BAT;3450221 said:
I think Haslett breaks that trend. He is too good of a coach

When did Haslett become a good coach? That guy is spare.

If Haslett is a good coach, why the hell did the Skins pick him up off the scrap heap? You realize the before the Skins hired him he was coaching in the UFL? I think if he was a good coach, one team would have given him a position. Before that, he was the D-coordinator for the Rams. Do you ever recall the Rams being good on D? Hell no. Was he "too good of a coach" to not make the Rams D top notch? Please.

Where the hell do you guys get this crap? Haslett is garbage. The only people who think otherwise are idiot Commanders fans.

On another note: in case you didn't realize the guy interviewed in the original post here was an abject moron, let's revisit what the idiot said:

Jongb35;3449411 said:
A friend of mine attended Willie Parker’s workouts this off-season at UNC and said he’s in the best shape of his life and running a sub 4.4.

So Willie Parker looks like he is in the best shape of his life and running a sub 4.4? Ok. Let's look and see what a non-****** says about Willie Parker:

KFFL said:
Commanders | Willie Parker losing a step?There was little evidence of much pep in the step of Washington Commanders RB Willie Parker during OTAs, according to Rich Tandler, of CSNWashington.com. Although Parker did seem to get quicker towards the end of the offseason workouts, he will have to find that lost step if he's going to make the team in training camp.

So who do we think is right? The idiot Commanders fan making absurd claims that Willie Parker is faster than ever? Or the media guy talking about how he's lost a step?

******* Commanders fans are morons.

Mansta54

Reaction score
cobra;3450409 said:
When did Haslett become a good coach? That guy is spare.

If Haslett is a good coach, why the hell did the Skins pick him up off the scrap heap? You realize the before the Skins hired him he was coaching in the UFL? I think if he was a good coach, one team would have given him a position. Before that, he was the D-coordinator for the Rams. Do you ever recall the Rams being good on D? Hell no. Was he "too good of a coach" to not make the Rams D top notch? Please.

Where the hell do you guys get this crap? Haslett is garbage. The only people who think otherwise are idiot Commanders fans.

On another note: in case you didn't realize the guy interviewed in the original post here was an abject moron, let's revisit what the idiot said:

So Willie Parker looks like he is in the best shape of his life and running a sub 4.4? Ok. Let's look and see what a non-****** says about Willie Parker:

So who do we think is right? The idiot Commanders fan making absurd claims that Willie Parker is faster than ever? Or the media guy talking about how he's lost a step?

******* Commanders fans are morons.

Thank you!!! A voice of reason. Haslett=Foreskins becoming good.. Amazing!!

tunahelper

Reaction score
stasheroo;3449599 said:
I don't expect a 'walk in the park' as the Commanders get up for the Cowboys even when they're an inferior team, just as the Cowboys have done in the past when roles were reversed.

I do however fully expect to win that game.

Dallas will crush the Skins in week 1. 35-13.

Commanders have questions at ILB & OLB. How will these guys play in the 3-4? Will Fletcher play big enough in the 3-4 without being covered in the 4-3?

Who is the other ILB? Can the the OLB cover? With Fat Albert acting up can they field a strong front in the 3-4?

I see this defense as average with offense slightly improving, but their record will be around 7-8 wins.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
cobra;3449784 said:
It must suck being a Commanders fan.

The Commanders are basically the Washington Generals to our Globetrotters. Or for those of you who remember your analogies from school,
Dallas Cowboys : Washington Commanders :: Harlem Globetrotters : Washington Generals

One's the Daddy. One's the *****.

Except in those pesky NFC championship games. You know, when all the chips are on the line to go to the Superbowl

Happy 4th of July Cowboy fans

Mansta54

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;3450825 said:
Except in those pesky NFC championship games. You know, when all the chips are on the line to go to the Superbowl

Dude yall SUCK and finish DEAD LAST regularly... Try reaching the ENDZONE against us...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsHokieFan;3450825 said:

Historically, Washington's opportunities for winning Super Bowls escalate 100 fold over that of all other NFL teams during league strike years. Confide in us. How many pro-lockout conversations have you had with fellow Commanders fans concerning 2011 over the past year or so?

Ren

Reaction score
DallasEast;3450842 said:
How many pro-lockout conversations have you had with fellow Commanders fans concerning 2011 over the past year or so?

:muttley: