"Bye Week" Hate Thread

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
ok folks, post up your vile hatred for the "Bye Week".

Let me start. It sucks, and screws up my Fantasy Fooball Roster

:D

rynochop

Reaction score
Eh, i dont mind it. Its nice to kind of relax one weekend and check out some of the other games.

Why not just everyone take week 9 off like the all star break in baseball?

It does mess up the FF team, ha.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Magic 8 Ball is getting treatment after the KC game's failed prediction....

:laugh2:

Reaction score
HighTechDave;3019264 said:
ok folks, post up your vile hatred for the "Bye Week".

Let me start. It sucks, and screws up my Fantasy Fooball Roster

:D

You should never be a fantasy football homer.....

I have Witten and was hoping for secret plays. Could have had Celek for nothing or went with K2.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
different bye weeks for different teams... overall a ****ing stupid idea that makes zero sense

like someone said, have a break in the middle of the season for everyone

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
I hate the bye-week because that's when this Cowboys team practices best - when there is no game that counts on the weekend schedule.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
xWraithx;3019280 said:
different bye weeks for different teams... overall a ****ing stupid idea that makes zero sense

Why does everyone think that by-weeks are designed to give players any needed rest. The only purpose for a by-week is to add an extra week to the TV schedule, which translates into millions of doolars in network revenue for the NFL. Those dollars are lost when all teams have the same day off becuase there are not TV ratings and elated revenue to draw; but if some teams are off and others play then fans of a team that is off often end up watching other games, which contributes to incremental ratings and revenue.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I hate bye weeks.

its friday and i am usually getting amped up for the game but not today.....not today :(

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The Bye Week, sucks, summer sucks, I think we should play Football year around and have no weeks off.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xWraithx;3019280 said:

AMERICAS_FAN;3019306 said:
Why does everyone think that by-weeks are designed to give players any needed rest. The only purpose for a by-week is to add an extra week to the TV schedule, which translates into millions of doolars in network revenue for the NFL. Those dollars are lost when all teams have the same day off.
Asked and answered.

Good job!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Why does everyone think that by-weeks are designed to give players any needed rest. The only purpose for a by-week is to add an extra week to the TV schedule, which translates into millions of doolars in network revenue for the NFL. Those dollars are lost when all teams have the same day off becuase there are not TV ratings and elated revenue to draw; but if some teams are off and others play then fans of a team that is off often end up watching other games, which contributes to incremental ratings and revenue.

I hate it when someone pays me in doolars. The exchange rate sucks.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score

I guess in the future I will do well to assume everyone out there is a money-hungry corporate ***** (as is usually the case)

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Hey, there is always the UFL on Versus................:lmao:

I was flipping through the channels the other night and saw the game.....I think there was almost 2,000 people at the game.

One team had the two headed RB monster of Micheal Pittman and Tatum Bell.

Brooks Bollinger was one QB and the other team it was JP Losman. It was pretty bad looking FB

Rudy

Reaction score
rynochop;3019268 said:
Eh, i dont mind it. Its nice to kind of relax one weekend and check out some of the other games.

Why not just everyone take week 9 off like the all star break in baseball?

It does mess up the FF team, ha.
That's the worst idea I've ever heard!