"Bye Week" Hate Thread

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I hate the bye week because I don't get to hate on other teams or see Magic 8 Ball predictions.

I would hate less if the 8 Ball predicted all of the games. I love the 8 Ball.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3019306 said:
Why does everyone think that by-weeks are designed to give players any needed rest. The only purpose for a by-week is to add an extra week to the TV schedule, which translates into millions of doolars in network revenue for the NFL. Those dollars are lost when all teams have the same day off becuase there are not TV ratings and elated revenue to draw; but if some teams are off and others play then fans of a team that is off often end up watching other games, which contributes to incremental ratings and revenue.
For the NFL, yes, it is entirely about more weeks of TV coverage. For the actual teams, it is about giving players a physical break.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;3019306 said:
Why does everyone think that by-weeks are designed to give players any needed rest. The only purpose for a by-week is to add an extra week to the TV schedule, which translates into millions of doolars in network revenue for the NFL. Those dollars are lost when all teams have the same day off becuase there are not TV ratings and elated revenue to draw; but if some teams are off and others play then fans of a team that is off often end up watching other games, which contributes to incremental ratings and revenue.
^^This.