"Ex-Cowboy" Ryan Leaf on Yahoo Front Page

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Good grief this gets annoying...

Three seasons with San Diego and one with us... :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Should have read former #1 pick of the Chargers.

Dallas got him for nothing and he showed as much

Phoenix

Reaction score
I wonder if the front page content is area-specific? Nothing about Leaf, ex-Cowboy or not, is showing up for me here in DC...and I scrolled through the entire set of pages...

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
trickblue;4510402 said:
Good grief this gets annoying...

Three seasons with San Diego and one with us... :rolleyes:

Not even one season with us. More like 6 games. Signed him late and released him before it was over, right?

Phoenix;4510404 said:
I wonder if the front page content is area-specific? Nothing about Leaf, ex-Cowboy or not, is showing up for me here in DC...and I scrolled through the entire set of pages...

Maybe. Hadn't thought about that. But still... :bang2:

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
That is low, next will be more from Quincy doing something similar.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
If they put "Former Charger..." on the front page Yahoo would have to shut down due to a lack of traffic.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Phoenix;4510404 said:

Same here in California. A couple of the stories are the same, but two are missing.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510403 said:
Should have read former #1 pick of the Chargers.

Dallas got him for nothing and he showed as much
Yeah, it's sad that he did as much for us Championship-wise as any QB since Aikman.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510507 said:
Yeah, it's sad that he did as much for us Championship-wise as any QB since Aikman.

Leaf did not do more than Bledsoe or Vinny and clearly could not carry Romo jock. Dallas got him because he came at a cheap price with low risk and given the cap situation Dallas was in at that time that was about as good as we could get.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510507 said:

Nice...another shot at Romo.

Pathetic!

:rolleyes:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510513 said:
Leaf did not do more than Bledsoe or Vinny and clearly could not carry Romo jock. Dallas got him because he came at a cheap price with low risk and given the cap situation Dallas was in at that time that was about as good as we could get.
Championship-wise, he did just as much. Read carefully.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510542 said:
Championship-wise, he did just as much. Read carefully.

If championships were all about the QB you would have a point but since a football team consist of 22 starters offense/defense not even counting special teams and substitution in and out of the game your comment is not all that bright.

In terms of talent Leaf had none

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510548 said:
If championships were all about the QB you would have a point but since a football team 22 starters offense/defense not even counting special teams and subsitution in and out of the game.

In terms of talent Leaf had none
Yeah, and it's sad that he accomplished as much championship-wise as any QB since Aikman. I stand by that, you can run around it all you want, it's going to come out the same.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Good grief, he started three games and threw a grand total of one touchdown pass in a Cowboys uniform.

Bonus points if anyone can tell me who caught his lone Cowboys TD pass (without looking it up). For some odd reason I remember that off the top of my head.