"Ex-Cowboy" Ryan Leaf on Yahoo Front Page

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510608 said:
You can reference me when you have football talk. I don't engage in pettiness.

Uh, I'll pass on that, thank you. I know some 8 year old kids that can better grasp the game of football better than you do.

:D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4510609 said:
Which means Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino and Warren Moon.

I'm not sure "debates" are your speed. Maybe a state hospital writing against the wall with your fecal matter as a writing utensil is more your speed.
At winning Championships. Do the math pal.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510620 said:
Dallas? No we don't have all the talent we need to win it all. We have major issues on defense we have issues along the front line that must be addressed. I make no excuses for Romo or any other Cowboy player but in the end it is still a team game and the best teams go out and win not the best QB.
Not according to the stats, you may wanna re educate yourself before debating this. According to the stats, our defense was better than NY, who was in the Super Bowl, and our Oline was better as well.

You lose again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510629 said:
Not according to the stats, you may wanna re educate yourself before debating this. According to the stats, our defense was better than NY, who was in the Super Bowl, and our Oline was better as well.

You lose again.

You forgot to say...NEXT!

Oh, wait, that's not your gig...excuse me.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Clove;4510626 said:
At winning Championships. Do the math pal.
Your point is NOT just about winning Championships. It's about agenda. I did the math. Really simple stuff: 1+1 = 2

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5Stars;4510633 said:
You forgot to say...NEXT!

Oh, wait, that's not your gig...excuse me.

I'll give you some credit, you admit you're not very smart with your homerism for my favorite team. The others play it off. So I will give you props for that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510634 said:
Your point is NOT just about winning Championships. It's about agenda. I did the math. Really simple stuff. 1+1 = 2
Who are you? I dont' talk to strangers.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Clove;4510641 said:
Who are you? I dont' talk to strangers.
If I said I was nobody, would that really be any less than you? Think about it. You hate just to hate, IMO.

After all, and from all I've read of your posts on this subject, "What's the solution to the problem you have with Romo?"

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510639 said:
I'll give you some credit, you admit you're not very smart with your homerism for my favorite team. The others play it off. So I will give you props for that.

Thanks, honey bun! That's all I ever wanted. You love me and I love you. (don't tell hubby)! :eek:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
wittenacious;4510649 said:
If I said I was nobody, would that really be any less than you? Think about it. You hate just to hate. What's the solution to the problem you have with Romo?
It doesn't matter what the solution is because Romo is a seat-filler and a money maker, so this is what we're left with.

My solution is to send this dude packing, suck for a year, get a high draft pick and get a real Championship style QB, or bring in an offensive Coach/ or Coordinator who knows how to take what Romo in big games, and make him a spectator. Build your game plan around him not thinking too much in big games.

I don't want to discuss this in here, it's not the place for it. This is about the comment Dooms was trying to kick at me since I said that Jerry needs to draft a 1st round quarterback, and stop trying to make water in to wine.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510629 said:

You lose again.

Our defense was not better than NY as they got healthy late in the season to make the final push to go from 500 to making post season and beyond there defensive play was outstanding. OL was better as well? We had 5 rushing TD on the season and were 30th in the NFL while NY was 6th in the NFL with 17 Rushing TD you may not know it but the tough yards are in the redzone and NY was able to use their ability in the running game to put up points. NY was 7th in sacks allowed giving up 28 sacks Dallas was ranked 18 giving up 39 sacks.

Do yourself a favor sit next to someone who actually knows what they are watching maybe they can help you out because evidently you have no clue as to what you are watching.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510659 said:
Our defense was not better than NY as they got healthy late in the season to make the final push to go from 500 to making post season and beyond there defensive play was outstanding. OL was better as well? We had 5 rushing TD on the season and were 30th in the NFL while NY was 6th in the NFL with 17 Rushing TD you may not know it but the tough yards are in the redzone and NY was able to use their ability in the running game to put up points. NY was 7th in sacks allowed giving up 28 sacks Dallas was ranked 18 giving up 39 sacks.

Do yourself a favor sit next to someone who actually knows what they are watching maybe they can help you out because evidently you have no clue as to what you are watching.
According to the stats, which you guys use to prop up Romo, we were rated much higher in defense. Argue with the stats not me.

You see I don't use stats, but you guys use them, so I spit them right back at you and then you hate it. Clutchness has nothing to do with stats, but you guys aren't trying to hear that. The only time you don't like stats is when it shoots down your arguments.

And as for Romo being sacked, he brings a lot of that on himself by not releasing the ball, running in to sacks, not being able to read certain defenses.

We can play the stats game however you want to play it. And do yourself a favor and never try to go up against someone superior in debating than you.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510670 said:
According to the stats, which you guys use to prop up Romo, we were rated much higher in defense. Argue with the stats not me.

You see I don't use stats, but you guys use them, so I spit them right back at you and then you hate it. Clutchness has nothing to do with stats, but you guys aren't trying to hear that. The only time you don't like stats is when it shoots down your arguments.

And as for Romo being sacked, he brings a lot of that on himself by not releasing the ball, running in to sacks, not being able to read certain defenses.

We can play the stats game however you want to play it. And do yourself a favor and never try to go up against someone superior in debating than you.

You go, girl!

:laugh2: :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;4510670 said:

I'm not protecting anyone I understand the game and know what I'm seeing and watch more than just the Cowboys evidently you don't have a clue.

Romo has not had a pocket to step up into as the OL interior is getting pushed back in his lap he is forced to move outside of the pocket and did so effectively. Please watch the game with people who can explain it to you because evidently you really don't know.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4510674 said:
I'm not protecting anyone I understand the game and know what I'm seeing and watch more than just the Cowboys evidently you don't have a clue.

Romo has not had a pocket to step up into as the OL interior is getting pushed back in his lap he is forced to move outside of the pocket and did so effectively. Please watch the game with people who can explain it to you because evidently you really don't know.
Describe to me how he's winning games?

Just curious, how is he getting 300 yards passing with no protection? You're the self-appointed football genius, let's here it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Clove;4510683 said:
Describe to me how he's winning games?

Just curious, how is he getting 300 yards passing with no protection? You're the self-appointed football genius, let's here it.

He already told you, sweetie pie.

the OL interior is getting pushed back in his lap he is forced to move outside of the pocket and did so effectively.

Learn to read, or have one of your kids help. You do have kids, right?

:confused: :D

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I know you want to win very very badly Dooms, but you don't have it bro. I used to respect you as a poster because you didn't come off as a blind, mindless homer like 5stars and a sea of others, but now you're worrying me.

There were plenty of games where Romo had ample time to throw the ball. And there were also games he didn't have as much, just like Eli and other QBs, since you say you watch other games. But at times, he screwed his line too, with his iffy reading of the defenses, and holding the ball too long.

Go back and re-watch ALONE, so you can pay attention to what really went on.

wittenacious

Reaction score
Clove;4510656 said:
It doesn't matter what the solution is because Romo is a seat-filler and a money maker, so this is what we're left with.

My solution is to send this dude packing, suck for a year, get a high draft pick and get a real Championship style QB, or bring in an offensive Coach/ or Coordinator who knows how to take what Romo in big games, and make him a spectator. Build your game plan around him not thinking too much in big games.

I don't want to discuss this in here, it's not the place for it. This is about the comment Dooms was trying to kick at me since I said that Jerry needs to draft a 1st round quarterback, and stop trying to make water in to wine.
I'll admit, I don't get you, Clove. But you're right in having pointed out that I'm a newer member here. Maybe it IS wrong of me to have an opinion about what I think I know of you. That's fair. At least I can see how you'd have a right to feel that way.

Your sig states that "Winning is overrated," yet from all the posts of yours that I've read, you appear to have a distinct hatred/serious dislike for Tony Romo as the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys and, from what I get from your attached reply, Jason Garrett too (as the HC and actual OC ... Callahan's new title notwithstanding).

So Winning DOES appear to very strongly matter to you, but it's overrated? Hard to follow your logic. That's why I suggested it seems you DO have an agenda, though I don't fully understand what it is.

I'll read more of your posts, out of curiosity, to try to figure out what you consider a realistic solution to be.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm not posting anymore in this thread, I'll wait until another homer starts a dead end Romo thread, and I'll post there.

BTW, Ryan leaf sucks.