"Finally".... The Rock Returns.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Even that bored me, WWE is dead, them blocking out Rock saying "***" just shows how sad the product is in comparison to TNA

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848570 said:
Even that bored me, WWE is dead, them blocking out Rock saying "***" just shows how sad the product is in comparison to TNA
It is blocked out to be on this site. It wasn't blocked out last night. TNA is at best a weak wannabe.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3848575 said:
It is blocked out to be on this site. It wasn't blocked out last night. TNA is at best a weak wannabe.

The woman wear less clothes, there is more blood and their is cursing, better wrestling. TNA is honestly better than it was when people checked in last year, it just has a bad stigma/stink attached to it because of the despicable stuff they aired last year at this time. Now its changed, AJ Styles is the best complete performer in the industry under 35 now.

Ren

Reaction score
Another reason to watch for the next few moths besides besides

Alberto Del Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrio

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848589 said:
The woman wear less clothes, there is more blood and their is cursing, better wrestling. TNA is honestly better than it was when people checked in last year, it just has a bad stigma/stink attached to it because of the despicable stuff they aired last year at this time. Now its changed, AJ Styles is the best complete performer in the industry under 35 now.
Not one word of this I am going to give an ounce of weight to.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848589 said:

Del Rio is better, he's way better on the mic and if you doubt his in ring skill just check out some of his matches in Mexico as Dos Caras JR. As a all around performer there's no one better then him under 35

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;3848644 said:
Del Rio is better, he's way better on the mic and if you doubt his in ring skill just check out some of his matches in Mexico as Dos Caras JR. As a all around performer there's no one better then him under 35

Del Rio is JBL Lite, he's boring he doesn't have the feel of a wrestler, more of just an entertainer, but that is what WWE is going for so I guess purpose served.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3848616 said:
I just read the other day where TNA is in financial trouble. Doesn't surprise me.

http://www.google.com/search?source...s:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wn&fp=f54ca647c014eaff

I can't find anything of the sort, and from what I heard on pwinsiderelite podcasts TNA was profitable last year after turning it around when they were running in the red last year in march/april, and are running shows drawing double the people nowadays (7,000 gate at a show a few weeks back), so if they were profitable last year they are pulling in much more now.

and TNA is ruling the Europe markets, starting in 2012 their television exposure is to 60m in the UK, while WWE only reaches 10m, and that is from tv deals they acquired because of Hogan/Bischoff, they take heat on the fact that there old, but what they wanted out of them is starting to pay off.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TNA is doing what it has to do to compete. Yeah, they have retreads and Vince Russo as a writer (GAG!), but who doesn't want to see Sting, Hogan, Angle, Jeff Jarrett, etc.? I've knocked around the idea of seeing it live at Universal Studios Orlando but haven't yet.

I have to say that the WWE has been total crap in my opinion. I've watched a PPV or two the last few years trying to get interested but just can't. The TLC matches have been epic through the years though.

Man, the WWE needed The Rock more than ever. Can you imagine how many extra buys McMahon will get for WrestleMania?

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848648 said:
Del Rio is JBL Lite, he's boring he doesn't have the feel of a wrestler, more of just an entertainer, but that is what WWE is going for so I guess purpose served.

Doesn't have the feel of a wrestler? :laugh2:

He fought Lucha Libre style in MMA on the side for extra money including places like Pride and has a winning record. You don't get much more "Wrestler" then that. Watch some of his matches in Mexico as Dos Caras jr if you doubt his skill

A JBL with skill would be more accurate description, JBL was a legend on the mic and Del Rio is just as good

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848651 said:
http://www.google.com/search?source...s:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wn&fp=f54ca647c014eaff

I can't find anything of the sort, and from what I heard on pwinsiderelite podcasts TNA was profitable last year after turning it around when they were running in the red last year in march/april, and are running shows drawing double the people nowadays (7,000 gate at a show a few weeks back), so if they were profitable last year they are pulling in much more now.

and TNA is ruling the Europe markets, starting in 2012 their television exposure is to 60m in the UK, while WWE only reaches 10m, and that is from tv deals they acquired because of Hogan/Bischoff, they take heat on the fact that there old, but what they wanted out of them is starting to pay off.

It was on one of the wrestling boards I read..Rajah maybe...TNA PPV's do very poorly buyout wise...they play to what 5K a week in that studio they're in?

Comparing TNA to the WWE is a bit like comparing Arena Football to the NFL.

Still trying to figure out why they would put a world championship belt on Jeff Hardy who could be going away to the federal pen...

I try to watch it sometimes cause I like Angle...I like a few of their wrestlers but to me it's like WCW regurgitated. Few good wrestlers but most have no pop.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3848662 said:
It was on one of the wrestling boards I read..Rajah maybe...TNA PPV's do very poorly buyout wise...they play to what 5K a week in that studio they're in?

Comparing TNA to the WWE is a bit like comparing Arena Football to the NFL.

Still trying to figure out why they would put a world championship belt on Jeff Hardy who could be going away to the federal pen...

I try to watch it sometimes cause I like Angle...I like a few of their wrestlers but to me it's like WCW regurgitated. Few good wrestlers but most have no pop.

They have been doing better buyrates, improvement is a good thing. They had their first impact out of the studio taped yesterday, and will do more considering it had 7k people draw.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;3848661 said:
Doesn't have the feel of a wrestler? :laugh2:

He fought Lucha Libre style in MMA on the side for extra money including places like Pride and has a winning record. You don't get much more "Wrestler" then that. Watch some of his matches in Mexico as Dos Caras jr if you doubt his skill

A JBL with skill would be more accurate description, JBL was a legend on the mic and Del Rio is just as good

I just don't feel him as a legitimate main eventer, mid-carder sure, main eventer he just doesn't fit.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848667 said:
I just don't feel him as a legitimate main eventer, mid-carder sure, main eventer he just doesn't fit.

WWE has done a poor job of showcasing his actual in ring skill, a lot of that has to do with who they've been matching him up.
It takes 2 people to make a good match and when he's spent the majority of his time in WWE going against Mysterio you're just not going to see it due to those matches needing to set up Mysterios tired routine.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848666 said:
They have been doing better buyrates, improvement is a good thing. They had their first impact out of the studio taped yesterday, and will do more considering it had 7k people draw.

Funny. You just proved what I was saying. TNA draws 7K on a good night and WWE draws what twice that on a bad night?

It's ok..if Angle leaves I won't watch them at all and didn't watch much when he was gone...I still don't get the Jeff Hardy love. Dude is one court date away from going to jail and I think that court date is tomorrow if I remember right. I'm not much for watching Flair embarrass himself by pretending he's still got wrestling skills...Hulk is done wrestling forever but he can come out and talk I guess.

I do agree with you about Del Rio. To me he's not a main event guy but he's getting that push.

kmp77

Reaction score
Just now watching the Rock's appearance on raw. He's still got it. Just not the same after him and stone cold left.

Ouch, he just burried Cena, lol.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Can somebody find this guy a movie franchise? He needs his own Terminator, Die Hard, Rocky, Lethal Weapon etc.

Hes too cool to waste away in Disney Movies or tag along in another Fast and Furious

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
kmp77;3848706 said:
Just now watching the Rock's appearance on raw. He's still got it. Just not the same after him and stone cold left.

Ouch, he just burried Cena, lol.

Yeah, that intro was electric. I'm not a WWE fan by any means, but we used to watch it all the time at a friend's bar in San Marcos before heading out to 6th street in Austin. That was around 2000-2001, so just about the heyday of Stone Cold, Triple H, Rock, etc.

Vince McMahon knows how to put on a show, cultivate the personalities, and make people not give a flying * that the entire thing is fake.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848651 said:

thats 60m who can watch tna not who do, we have a population of around 5m, south of the border theres around 55m, think the welsh and n. irish have around 3m each so unless you're saying 95% of us watch tna your numbers fairly irrelevant. plus the only reason the number is so much higher than wwe is because its recently gone on freeview (free digital tv) whereas wwe is on sky (subscription satelite tv) another point worth making is that while wwe is established enough over here to be able to charge for its ppv's tna puts them out on freeview. raw and the ppv's are shown live whereas impact is shown 5 days after in the U.S. and the ppv's are 3 days behind.
don't get me wrong i prefer tna but to use potential viewing figures as a reason its better is a stretch at best