"Finally".... The Rock Returns.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3848695 said:
Funny. You just proved what I was saying. TNA draws 7K on a good night and WWE draws what twice that on a bad night?

It's ok..if Angle leaves I won't watch them at all and didn't watch much when he was gone...I still don't get the Jeff Hardy love. Dude is one court date away from going to jail and I think that court date is tomorrow if I remember right. I'm not much for watching Flair embarrass himself by pretending he's still got wrestling skills...Hulk is done wrestling forever but he can come out and talk I guess.

I do agree with you about Del Rio. To me he's not a main event guy but he's getting that push.

WWE live event gates have been going down fast, TNA has been going up fast. 2 years ago they set a record in Westbury at a show I attended, 3k people at the show, 2 years later 7k. Thats a good rate of growth.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848667 said:
I just don't feel him as a legitimate main eventer, mid-carder sure, main eventer he just doesn't fit.

You mean like A.J. Styles?

He was a Jober in WWE.

No mic skills.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Guys like the Rock, Austin, and Flair are so rare.....so few can grab the mic, and entertain for over 20 minutes and keep the fans on their feet and cheering loudly.

I like Cena on the mic, but I feel he has regressed, and become a company man. If he could go back to the old Cena, when he would rhyme and mock others he would be outstanding.

Jericho, Edge, HHH, and HBK are very good as well, even for long stretches....but no one can top those first 3....they are simply iconic on the mic and in the ring.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3848876 said:
WWE live event gates have been going down fast, TNA has been going up fast. 2 years ago they set a record in Westbury at a show I attended, 3k people at the show, 2 years later 7k. Thats a good rate of growth.

Bull ...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Here are some recent WWE & TNA TV ratings courtesy of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

-- TNA iMPACT! on 1/28 drew a final 1.4 cable rating (rounded up from a 1.38) with 1.87 million viewers. The overall rating was a Thursday record for the show on Spike TV. The show did a 1.01 in males 18-34 and 1.31 in males 35-49.

-- WWE Monday Night RAW on 1/25 drew a final 3.6 cable rating (rounded up from a 3.59) with 5.14 million viewers. The show did a 2.99 in males 18-49.

And here is this weeks figures.

The 2/10 TNA Impact drew a 1.2 cable rating with 1.7 million viewers.

Mondays Raw did a 3.14 cable rating on Valentine's Day with 4.8 million viewers

:laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;3848878 said:
Guys like the Rock, Austin, and Flair are so rare.....so few can grab the mic, and entertain for over 20 minutes and keep the fans on their feet and cheering loudly.

I like Cena on the mic, but I feel he has regressed, and become a company man. If he could go back to the old Cena, when he would rhyme and mock others he would be outstanding.

Jericho, Edge, HHH, and HBK are very good as well, even for long stretches....but no one can top those first 3....they are simply iconic on the mic and in the ring.
Agree with every word of this post. Every single word of it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
daschoo;3848924 said:
tna ppv buyrates down around 35% since 2007 according to this
http://rajah.com/base/node/21818

WWE's are down alot sharper than that, and that may not be 100% fact. Im guessing its not, but its possible considering TNA has a more internet-savvy fanbase, and streaming of TNA ppvs is very common.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849056 said:
Wasn't in wwe
A. J. Styles wasn't?

Oh yes he was, back when it was WWF. And zrinkill is right, he was a jobber, a ham and egger, a nobody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Styles

wrestled several matches for the WWF on WWF Jakked. Styles was offered a developmental deal by the WWF in April 2002. The offered contract was for US$500 per week and required Styles to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio, where the Heartland Wrestling Association developmental territory was located.[4] He declined to sign because moving would interfere with his wife's college plans.[4][6]

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849073 said:
considering TNA has a more internet-savvy fanbase, and streaming of TNA ppvs is very common.

:lmao2:

Where did you get this newest bullcrap from?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3849078 said:
A. J. Styles wasn't?

Oh yes he was, back when it was WWF. And zrinkill is right, he was a jobber, a ham and egger, a nobody.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.J._Styles

After WCW was purchased by the World Wrestling Federation in March 2001, Styles was left without a job. He returned to NWA Wildside, where he competed for the Wildside Heavyweight Championship and wrestled several matches for the WWF on WWF Jakked. Styles was offered a developmental deal by the WWF in April 2002. The offered contract was for US$500 per week and required Styles to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio, where the Heartland Wrestling Association developmental territory was located.[4] He declined to sign because moving would interfere with his wife's college plans.[4][6]

he was brought in for WWE Jaked, basically every indy wrestler that wasn't crap back than was. They did that on Heat and Velocity aswell, he wasn't a WWE wrestler.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849090 said:
:lmao2:

Where did you get this newest bullcrap from?

The audience is younger? Looking around in school, people aren't ashamed to wear TNA clothes as they would be WWE. TNA is considered "cool".

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849091 said:
he was brought in for WWE Jaked, basically every indy wrestler that wasn't crap back than was. They did that on Heat and Velocity aswell, he wasn't a WWE wrestler.
You contradict yourself from sentence one to sentence too. Yes he was. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849056 said:
Wasn't in wwe

Then you really are as clueless as many claim you to be. He was a jobber in both WWE/F and WCW.

[youtube]XR5tIFlhetw[/youtube]

[youtube]V37gmLnGlxQ&feature[/youtube]

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849095 said:
The audience is younger? Looking around in school, people aren't ashamed to wear TNA clothes as they would be WWE. TNA is considered "cool".
My daughter's HS has over 3000 students. I am quite active there as a parent. I have never seen a TNA shirt. I have seen hundreds of WWE shirts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zrinkill;3849100 said:
Then you really are as clueless as many claim you to be. He was a jobber in both WWE/F and WCW.

[youtube]XR5tIFlhetw[/youtube]
Romo 2 Austin >>> :spanking: <<<zrinkill

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3849095 said:
The audience is younger?

Bull .....

TNA audiences consist of the old wcw and ecw fans who hate WWE because he crushed their favorite shows.

Oh and kids like you who know nothing about the history of sports entertainment.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3849098 said:
You contradict yourself from sentence one to sentence too. Yes he was. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

He wasn't under contract, if you go work for a construction company 4 times, make $20/hr were you an employee of that construction company or a laborer?