"...He Made Me Run Like A Robot..."

TunaFan33

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher;1621190 said:
Thanks for the clarification. However, I find this interesting because during training camp, Emmitt said something to the effect that he liked JJ over Barber. I can’t remember his exact quote but that was the crux of it. One thing is for sure, we will find out very soon. If Julius ‘R2D2’ Jones returns to his rookie form he might prove that the Emperor was wrong in trying to change his programming. :)

Unless JuJo has an NFL record breaking season, he ain't coming back 'cuz Darren McFadden will be here.:cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If it motivates Jones to claim that he was running like a robot under Parcells then great but Jones has some proving to do in his final year in Dallas at least under this contract. I find it hard to belive that in games aginst Carolina and Seattle and a few others he had no problems picking up the yards and making plays but in all the others he was forced to run different. Sorry not buying into all of this but as I said if this is how he needs to motivate himself to become a more consistent RB then go for it.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
TunaFan33;1621201 said:
Unless JuJo has an NFL record breaking season, he ain't coming back 'cuz Darren McFadden will be here.:cool:

Too many variables to worry about who we are drafting. When the time comes I will worry about next year's draft. For now how about concentrating on the Giants and rooting for JJ to do well on Sunday night.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
adbutcher;1621190 said:
Thanks for the clarification. However, I find this interesting because during training camp, Emmitt said something to the effect that he liked JJ over Barber. I can’t remember his exact quote but that was the crux of it. One thing is for sure, we will find out very soon. If Julius ‘R2D2’ Jones returns to his rookie form he might prove that the Emperor was wrong in trying to change his programming. :)

It's very possible, or even likely ES does like Jones over Barber, Ad. He may see MBIII as a short distance one trick power-pony, and Jones more a classic all purpose back. But ES threw zero props at JJ that night, and more than tacitly approved Bill's strategy.

I like JJ a lot myself, but should he really turn it on this year, I will look more to an improved oline than anything else. If there was one failure Bill had here re his runners, it was not "re-programming" JJ, imo, It was not giving them over his four years a consistent enough run blocking oline.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
adbutcher;1621211 said:
Too many variables to worry about who we are drafting. When the time comes I will worry about next year's draft. For now how about concentrating on the Giants and rooting for JJ to do well on Sunday night.

I agree. I wait all off-season for the games to start up. I'll worry about the draft when the season is done. Until then I wish nothing but the best for Ju Jones and the rest of the players on this team.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1621215 said:
It's very possible, or even likely ES does like Jones over Barber, Ad. He may see MBIII as a short distance one trick power-pony, and Jones more a classic all purpose back. But ES threw zero props at JJ that night, and more than tacitly approved Bill's strategy.

I like JJ a lot myself, but should he really turn it on this year, I will look more to an improved oline than anything else. If there was one failure Bill had here re his runners, it was not "re-programming" JJ, imo, It was not giving them over his four years a consistent enough run blocking oline.
I totally agree.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm....and here I thought it was LAST year that Julius was to put up or shut up.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Sarge;1621231 said:
Hmmm....and here I thought it was LAST year that Julius was to put up or shut up.

Evidently you didn't get the memo; it is this year. :)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher;1621252 said:
Evidently you didn't get the memo; it is this year. :)

Musta been an addendum.

WarC

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1620705 said:
Auhh......... That one guy, on the left there. The guy in sandstone, is quit the speciman. Dang!

Dude is packin'!

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
joseephuss;1620600 said:
I don't know what LTN said and look forward to her response. To me Bill just tried to emphasize to Julius to make the correct reads. Go to the designed holes and then build from there. Perhaps he thought Julius was a little raw and tried to create something outside of the context of the play design. He needed to run the plays and then start juking defenders. That is why he would say that Julius would leave yards on the field. He would hit the wrong hole or set up his blockers incorrectly. Once you get past the line of scrimmage then the running back is free to do what he wants. Making him a robot was to get him past the LOS. I don't think Julius understood that approach.

It reminds me of Landry and Staubach. It is not that Landry hated Staubach scrambling abilities. He just wanted to see Staubach utilize that scrambling as an extension of the designed plays and not the base. Run the play and if things aren't open, then scrambling is a last option to create a play. Early Staubach bailed and relied on scrambling too much in Landry's opinion.

damn that was good way to put it

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Sarge;1621231 said:

Reminds me of a skit Robin Williams did one time impersonating Omar Kadafi (sp?).

"Cross this line, I keel you!"

*Acts as if the americans crossed the line*

"Ok, Cross this line, I keel you!"

Spectre

Reaction score
Hoov;1620627 said:
parcells made me run like a robot - translation - parcells coached jones to stop freelancing so much and jones was unable to perform well following the designed play
translation-
"I suck and I need to blame someone else so I can keep my starting gig for one more season to acquire a contract somewhere next year."

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1621441 said:
Reminds me of a skit Robin Williams did one time impersonating Omar Kadafi (sp?).

"Cross this line, I keel you!"

*Acts as if the americans crossed the line*

"Ok, Cross this line, I keel you!"

Good analogy. I don't expect much from JJ this year. He reminds me of Spears. It's everyone elses fault but their own.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
Or maybe it's just a case of every other team being right about JuJo and not drafting him before us. Meaning we were WRONG.

That rookie season of his was a fluke. A fluke created by our pathetic passing game that defenses just totally concentrated on shutting down because they knew they could. The run game was left open to a certain degree. The guy who could play in college when he wasn't injured found a little daylight to run in the pros. But then dusk came and his 15 minutes were over.

It's time to put Barber in simply because we've already given Jones 3 years to show us what he's got. And he's shown us nothing! It's time to give the guy, who also just happens to be leading the league in rushing touchdowns a year ago, a chance. He's earned it and JuJo has lost it. I honestly don't see what the big complication is here. Seems pretty damn cut 'n dry to me.