"I don't know how many yards we needed, I know we needed some"

jzcowboy

Reaction score
I'm not even asking why he gets a pass on saying something like this, we all know that Lorenzo Favre will get a pass on all things negative. But just imagine if Romo or Phillips made this comment after a tough loss. They would be criticized for not giving their all. For not even knowing something as simple as down and distance.

For those that don't have an addiction to post game interviews like I do, this was Lord Favruh's answer to why he didn't run for a few yards instead of throwing across the field on the last Viking play in regulation.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I just don't get this type of sentiment.

Folks, when you have a ton of skins on the wall, no matter what industry you are in, you will have some leeway and given a pass.

When Tony Romo becomes a 3-time MVP and a future Hall of Fame Player, you will see that he will get a pass as well and be just as revered as Brett Favre.

It is all about what the individual has accomplished when talking about who gets a pass and who doesn't.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3254513 said:
Folks, when you have a ton of skins on the wall, no matter what industry you are in, you will have some leeway and given a pass.
I get that, pretty sure I said that in my first sentence... What I don't get is that somebody with "skins" cannot know the down and distance situation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Favre doesn't need to explain himself.

Its just something he has done his entire career. You live by it and you die by it.

Im just glad our QB, who did the same thing, has tried to evolve from being that kind of player.

JBond

Reaction score
Being old is not an excuse for not knowing what the hell you are doing. I could care less about his skins and glad he choked. Perfect ending to his overrated career.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
JBond;3254534 said:
Being old is not an excuse for not knowing what the hell you are doing. I could care less about his skins and glad he choked. Perfect ending to his overrated career.

I guarantee you that if a Dallas Cowboys Quarterback had his same stats, you wouldn't be saying he is overrated.

Brett Favre is a hell of a player.

Also, people that are upset about them running up the score need to realize the guy doesn't make those kinds of decisions.

Marktui

Reaction score
He is a "GUNSLINGER". He tried to get 25 yards on that play, when all he needed was 4-5 yards. Like the Tuna used to call it the impulse throws.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

When Tony Romo becomes a 3-time MVP and a future Hall of Fame Player, you will see that he will get a pass as well and be just as revered as Brett Favre.

It is all about what the individual has accomplished when talking about who gets a pass and who doesn't.

Troy Aikman did not get a pass when he was still playing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
JBond;3254534 said:

Oh he will play next year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they let him come in mid year.

superpunk

Reaction score
It felt good watching the Vikings go down in flames yesterday.

The football gods do not look favorably on you humiliating your opponents unnecessarily.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Wasn't Favre a 1 time MVP?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
zrinkill;3254547 said:
Troy Aikman did not get a pass when he was still playing.

Based on what group?

If you are talking about the "dallas" fanbase, we have been known to be extremely harsh on our Quarterbacks, going back to the days of Don Meredith.

I believe Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman are extremely respected among those who understand what "greatness" is.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3254561 said:
Wasn't Favre a 1 time MVP?

No, he has won the NFL MVP award 3 times.

Peyton Manning broke that record this year, winning his 4th.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

And at the same time I dont get your sentiment.
His leeway usually leads to a crucial TEAM loss.

I would if Jared Allen thinks that. Yeah, no problem. He is a seasoned vet(that makes fundamental and/or rookie mistakes) but he has 3 MVP's and everyone loves his good ol boy persona.

I have little doubt that about half that Vikings team is fuming over him just winging the ball across his body(field) like that. Same ol Favre.

JBond;3254534 said:

I did not want to hear about Favre and SuperBowl for 2 weeks that for sure.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3254568 said:
Based on what group?

You must not remember how the media treated Aikman his last few years.

No doubt that they give him some respect now ..... but when he was still playing they hammered him relentlessly ..... not so with Favre.

rangers71

Reaction score
Favre cost them a shot at the game plain and simple. Both of his interceptions were atrocious. How anyone can say "Well he has won a Super Bowl" and say that he gets to slide is beyond me. He cost his team a chance it's as simple as that. Also Childress should get roasted also for the 12 men in the huddle. Lord know if this had happened to Wade it would be the lead story everywhere.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
rangers71;3254590 said:
Favre cost them a shot at the game plain and simple. Both of his interceptions were atrocious. How anyone can say "Well he has won a Super Bowl" and say that he gets to slide is beyond me. He cost his team a chance it's as simple as that. Also Childress should get roasted also for the 12 men in the huddle. Lord know if this had happened to Wade it would be the lead story everywhere.

I said that to my wife and son last night as soon as this all happened.

If we were a FG away from going to the Super Bowl, and Wade got a penalty for 12 men on the field, and Romo threw a "rookie mistake" INT late over the middle, (with room to run back into FG range) ... both of them would be absolutely "roasted" all day today.

Nobody should get a pass for either of those "brain wrecks".

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
zrinkill;3254582 said:
You must not remember how the media treated Aikman his last few years.

No doubt that they give him some respect now ..... but when he was still playing they hammered him relentlessly ..... not so with Favre.

No I don't.

I remember how the fans in "dallas" treated him, just like they treated most of the Quarterbacks in team history not named Roger Staubach.

The fans even booed Troy Aikman when he returned after an injury and wanted the team to keep playing Randall Cunningham.

And of course, Troy Aikman received the ultimate nod of respect and was a first ballot Hall of Famer.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Stupid play by Favre. There is simply not other way to call it. It was stupid. Period.

The penalty was stupid by his head coach and the players going to the huddle. Know the situation folks. Stupid.

The 3 fumbles by AP, the 2 by Harvin, the 1 by Berrian...all stupid. Absolutely stupid plays that cost the Vikings at the very least, the very least, 6 points in regulation.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. That's exactly how that team played last night.

Stupid.