"I Suspect this team is going to have GREAT energy for this football game" - Romo

JBS

Reaction score
I am sure most of you guys have seen the clip of romo sitting at his locker yesterday talking to the reporters - however, no one seems to be mentioning this quote from Romo. Romo said this with such conviction that it got me incredibly fired up. I am so jacked up for this game!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If we win this game, it is a huge lift to the entire team. I am personally greedy because it means I win 2 tickets to next year's game at Fed Ex.

I like the attitude and the confidence and the fire of that quote.

:eek:hboy:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2405237 said:
If we win this game, it is a huge lift to the entire team. I am personally greedy because it means I win 2 tickets to next year's game at Fed Ex.

:eek:hboy:

wow Hos......hope you win those tickets! :)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
:money: in the bank baby!!!:starspin:starspin:starspin

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I suspect, Romo is just blowing smoke! :laugh2:

BlowingSmoke.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2405237 said:

I hope you win that bet!

This game feels even more importnat than a normal division game would.

A win can get this team back on track while taking a wild-card competitor down a peg and set the tone for the Cowboys' 'second half' of the season.

A loss and Washington will have helped their case tremendously, almost putting a dagger into the playoff hopes of their most-hated rival.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2405323 said:
I hope you win that bet!

This game feels even more importnat than a normal division game would.

A win can get this team back on track while taking a wild-card competitor down a peg and set the tone for the Cowboys' 'second half' of the season.

A loss and Washington will have helped their case tremendously, almost putting a dagger into the playoff hopes of their most-hated rival.
At 5-5 this season is officially flushed.

Must win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2405326 said:
At 5-5 this season is officially flushed.

Must win.

No doubt.

And all the spin in the world wouldn't be able to cover the stench.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need to go 3-0 (very doable) then split 2-2 down the stretch (very doable) to have a chance at the playoffs.

Washington, Sunday Night Football, coming off a bye week, and Romo returning.

If that isn't a recipe to play your best ball and win than we didn't have much of a chance anyways.

khiladi

Reaction score
While Dallas will be fine if they squeak out a win, I'm looking for a whole-sale destruction of the Commanders to make a statement and regain confidence.

The problem though making this type of statement though is that our players and coach become complacent and act like they don't need to do anything. We have seen it way too many times before.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
khiladi;2405380 said:
While Dallas will be fine if they squeak out a win, I'm looking for a whole-sale destruction of the Commanders to make a statement and regain confidence.

The problem though making this type of statement though is that our players and coach become complacent and act like they don't need to do anything. We have seen it way too many times before.
You really like firecrackers huh?

:wink2:

tunahelper

Reaction score
nyc;2405317 said:
I suspect, Romo is just blowing smoke! :laugh2:

BlowingSmoke.jpg
Look closely to the end of the smoke and you can make out a hooked nose witch/person?

No, I am not smoking anything look closely...

khiladi

Reaction score
Hostile;2405386 said:
You really like firecrackers huh?

:wink2:

I'm expecting whole-sale nuclear explosion on both sides of the ball the following Sunday... I wanna see Spencer punish Jason Campbell.

Is Newman going to play BTW? I don't think there is any more meaningful game for him this regular season, because he is probably thinking redemptioin.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
khiladi;2405403 said:
I'm expecting whole-sale nuclear explosion on both sides of the ball the following Sunday... I wanna see Spencer punish Jason Campbell.

Is Newman going to play BTW? I don't think there is any more meaningful game for him this regular season, because he is probably thinking redemptioin.
As far as I know, Newman, Romo, and Kosier are going to play. Felix is not. Adam Jones would be eligible after the game to be reinstated.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hostile;2405408 said:
As far as I know, Newman, Romo, and Kosier are going to play. Felix is not. Adam Jones would be eligible after the game to be reinstated.

From listening to the two radio shows today they said that Romo, Newman, and Kosier will play, baring any unforseen setbacks, and that Felix is expected to be ready to go as well. They said they held him out till Monday, from full practices, just to be extra cautious but from all the accounts I've heard/read they are expecting him to be ready to go at Washington as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2405419 said:
From listening to the two radio shows today they said that Romo, Newman, and Kosier will play, baring any unforseen setbacks, and that Felix is expected to be ready to go as well. They said they held him out till Monday, from full practices, just to be extra cautious but from all the accounts I've heard/read they are expecting him to be ready to go at Washington as well.
Thanks. Had not heard that on Felix.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I'd hope if we beat the Skins, that energy would carry us through the whiners and the Seahawks game (we still owe them).

8-4 is very possible if we beat the Skins. If we don't, all we can do is hope for a lot of help down the stretch.

Tony isn't stupid, hes one of the brightest people in the league on several different levels - he's watched his team fold without him. These guys look to him for leadership.

This is why we don't need anymore leader threads, Romo has discovered what all of you should've already known - we go as far as he takes us. Whether its this year, next year, five years from now.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2405419 said:

This offense needs Felix Jones because he is such a threat to score that it keeps those 8-man fronts and all out blitzes in check. And that helps open up the QBs throwing lanes. I think his value is so underestimated, but he and Romo are proving how missing one or two key players can kill an offense. Not playing Felix Jones in the first Washington game proved that abut Jones, and not having Romo back there scrambling away the OL's blocking deficiencies proved that for Romo.