"I won't let you down Jerry"- Terrell Owens

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
superonyx;2552679 said:
Great Post.

It is so obvious that all the "blame Romo" types have nothing to say when reminded of how Brad Johnson played with this same offense. All they say is how much Johnson sucks. Well it would make you wonder where the real problem would is when a superbowl winning QB looks like complete garbage running this circus offense. Then Romo comes in an runs for his life while trying to make something happen. Most fans that watched the Brad Johnson led offense and then saw what Romo could do with the same unit come across even more impressed with Romo. How good is this guy? How does he put up such a high QB rating with this offense?

But i guess according to these "blame Romo" types, He sucks, Brad Johnson sucks. Its all their fault we didnt make the playoffs. Lets go get a new QB.

If this offense was so great then would almost any QB be able to come in and perform at least as good as Kerry Collins has for the Titans? Or gaycia for the Bucs. Or Matt "i havnt played since high school" Cassell for the Patriots?

I dont think theres any question Romo is a better more talented QB than Brad Johnson. I think the question is, can Romo be a leader? I think his talent is going to win us more than a few games but at some point he's got to be able to lead.

Theres a clip on the DVD the history of the Dallas Cowboys of where Aikman is walking the sideline obviously not happy and letting the entire offensive line know about it. Does anyone here see Romo yelling at Flozell like that?

landryscorner

Reaction score
you guys are really looking stupid on this forums, the guy has done NOTHING wrong, yet you guys pester him like it's your life's calling, really its pathetic to come in here and read this stuff.

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
landryscorner;2552778 said:
you guys are really looking stupid on this forums, the guy has done NOTHING wrong, yet you guys pester him like it's your life's calling, really its pathetic to come in here and read this stuff.

How about scream at people on the sidelines that he isn't getting the ball? Is that not wrong?

"Oh he just wants the ball and is competitive." BS. Everyone knows how he feels already. He's made that clear in his two stops before us.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
landryscorner;2552778 said:

Reality is:
  • TO wanted fair market value
  • TO wanted to help team win
  • TO only complains when we arent winning about not getting the ball OR we are winning because of luck or last minute heroics - which leads to next bullet point
  • TO will tell you when "IT" aint right (which we arent)
  • TO hasnt let Jerry down at this point(sure he drops balls but he always did)
  • TO wants to win SB for the Cowboys and himself MORE than money - he has more than he will ever need
Agenda awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!:laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2552788 said:
Reality is:
  • TO only complains when we arent winning about not getting the ball OR we are winning because of luck or last minute heroics - which leads to next bullet point
  • TO wants to win SB for the Cowboys and himself MORE than money - he has more than he will ever need

He had more money than he would ever need before he complained about money. Remember the "am I supposed to live on hot dogs" comments a few years ago? You could buy train loads of gourmet hot dogs with one check, owens.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2552796 said:
He had more money than he would ever need before he complained about money. Remember the "am I supposed to live on hot dogs" comments a few years ago? You could buy train loads of gourmet hot dogs with one check, owens.

hehe... a new year but I didnt expect you to go positive on any post re: TO :laugh2:

It was about principle with the money.

Its funny because if it was me or you - BOTH of us would want "fair market value".... unless there was something wrong with one of us.... (ie. you)

:p: j/k

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2552814 said:
hehe... a new year but I didnt expect you to go positive on any post re: TO :laugh2:

It was about principle with the money.

Its funny because if it was me or you - BOTH of us would want "fair market value".... unless there was something wrong with one of us.... (ie. you)

:p: j/k

I get more than fair market value, I'm just that good.:D

Give me some thing to be positive about, like JJ cut owens.:p:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2552816 said:
I get more than fair market value, I'm just that good.:D

Give me some thing to be positive about, like JJ cut owens.:p:

lol

Objectivity and non-bias.... something not practiced in NC? :laugh2:

As many know... I will post the positive and homerism towards a player AS WELL as the negative and haterade when necessary.

Thats the only things missing from our exchanges by you.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2552825 said:
lol

Objectivity and non-bias.... something not practiced in NC? :laugh2:

As many know... I will post the positive and homerism towards a player AS WELL as the negative and haterade when necessary.

Thats the only things missing from our exchanges by you.

I'm honest, isn't that what you like about owens?
I see it's good enough for him but no one else............:cool:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2552831 said:
I'm honest, isn't that what you like about owens?
I see it's good enough for him but no one else............:cool:

Absolutely.

So in your honest opinion is there any positives about TO?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2552839 said:
Absolutely.

So in your honest opinion is there any positives about TO?

Yup but they are far out weighed by the negatives. Unless he can block, catch and throw by himself. I bet if you asked him he could.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mmohican29;2552426 said:
"I won't let you down Jerry" :laugh2:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/kid.jpg

Bonus points to the first poster who can name the movie this scene was taken from.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2552845 said:
Yup but they are far out weighed by the negatives. Unless he can block, catch and throw by himself. I bet if you asked him he could.

Meatloaf - "'Cause two out three aint bad"

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
YoMick;2552861 said:
Meatloaf - "'Cause two out three aint bad"

Ahhh, but Witten can block, catch AND throw.:D

And what I meant was block on the O line smarty pants.:p:

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2552461 said:
TO is in your ear every freaking play screaming "throw me the ball, I am wide open", "they cant cover me, they just cant".
Sounds like the exact same thing that Aikman heard from Irvin his entire career. :rolleyes:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2552461 said:
More like Romo cant win........

How the hell are you going to play QB while the following is going on:

TO is in your ear every freaking play screaming "throw me the ball, I am wide open", "they cant cover me, they just cant".

Roy11 is jogging his route and it is the wrong route to begin with.

Crayton thinks the ball is going to either TO or Witten so he stops running even though he is 5 yards behind the defender.

And on top of that Flo just whiffed on his guy and Proctor never got out of his stance because he forgot the snap count.

You now have 1.5 seconds before you get buried by the two free rushers.............what you going to do???
Add on that we sometimes forget the running game and predictable play calling and you have the 2008 Cowboys.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
adamc91115;2552493 said:
Begs to question...

Is Johnson that bad, or is Romo that good? :)

I'll take Johnson is that bad for 67 million Alex.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Jon88;2552688 said:
That is dead on. And Wade does nothing but sit there and watch like an idiot.

Assuming some of those are true... As does our fearless follower Romo...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
YoMick;2552788 said:
Reality is:

Excellent post. They'll ignore it though. They're highly agenda driven. They just want to see one player no longer on the Cowboys while the rest of us can see the team as a whole and what can be added to make it better.