"I won't let you down Jerry"- Terrell Owens

Kevinicus

Reaction score
DallasEast;2552856 said:
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/kid.jpg

Bonus points to the first poster who can name the movie this scene was taken from.

Matrix Revolutions. Surely you can make it harder than that :)

I want to know where this idea comes from that Romo never yells at anyone when they screw up. I guess these are people who don't pay that much attention to the games. I've seen plenty of times after a play or series where the camera has shown Romo yelling at someone. They aren't long extended shots, but it's pretty easy to figure out what is happening.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Ultra Warrior;2552954 said:
Sounds like the exact same thing that Aikman heard from Irvin his entire career. :rolleyes:

:hammer:

The only difference is a true leader takes that and makes it work for the team in a positive way. A leader doesn't see that as a negative... he sees that as an asset to be utilized at his discretion.

Can Tony lead or will he simply follow for the rest of his 67 million dollar contract? Hmmm... :huh:

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
How about a player honoring a contract that HE signed.

What a concept....

odog422

Reaction score
TO wanted fair market value
TO wanted to help team win
TO only complains when we arent winning about not getting the ball OR we are winning because of luck or last minute heroics - which leads to next bullet point
TO will tell you when "IT" aint right (which we arent)
TO hasnt let Jerry down at this point(sure he drops balls but he always did)
TO wants to win SB for the Cowboys and himself MORE than money - he has more than he will ever need

Bleu Star;2553021 said:
Excellent post. They'll ignore it though. They're highly agenda driven. They just want to see one player no longer on the Cowboys while the rest of us can see the team as a whole and what can be added to make it better.

Point 3: Wrong. See interview with Deion after Washington victory.

Point 4: Wrong. "It" is TO not getting ball enough for his tastes.

Point 5: Wrong. His drops have stalled drives and lost games. Specifically recall a drop on a bomb against Washington that could have won the game.

Throw in his ability to really only contribute over the top now as opposed to underneath when he was younger and regularly broke tackles, his negatives FAR outweigh the positives. How many times did he come up one yard short of a first down trying to juke somebody as opposed to just getting the first down?

Talking about getting the "team" back on track... Eliminate the "me, me, me" as evidenced by what I stated here and you have a better chance.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
odog422;2553046 said:
Point 3: Wrong. See interview with Deion after Washington victory.

Point 4: Wrong. "It" is TO not getting ball enough for his tastes.

Point 5: Wrong. His drops have stalled drives and lost games. Specifically recall a drop on a bomb against Washington that could have won the game.

Throw in his ability to really only contribute over the top now as opposed to underneath when he was younger and regularly broke tackles, his negatives FAR outweigh the positives. How many times did he come up one yard short of a first down trying to juke somebody as opposed to just getting the first down?

Talking about getting the "team" back on track... Eliminate the "me, me, me" as evidenced by what I stated here and you have a better chance.

As I stated, which you quoted... :rolleyes: No surprises here.

superonyx

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2553021 said:
Excellent post. They'll ignore it though. They're highly agenda driven. They just want to see one player no longer on the Cowboys while the rest of us can see the team as a whole and what can be added to make it better.

Agenda driven?
Take a look at your sig line. You actually have the agenda here on the board. You actually took the time and energy to create a picture of BBD into a statement about TO. And you also put up anti Romo statements on you Sig.

You are possibly the biggest agenda poster on this board.

I do give you credit though for actually putting together a sig that spells out your agenda for all to see.

btw... i am not anti TO at all. I am anti "I". If you believe him to be a "I" player and not a team player than you should also be against that for our "team". I am not ready to classify him as that at this point.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ChldsPlay;2553030 said:
Matrix Revolutions. Surely you can make it harder than that :)
And we have a winner. :D

For a while there, I didn't think anyone would get it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
superonyx;2553090 said:
Agenda driven?
Take a look at your sig line. You actually have the agenda here on the board. You actually took the time and energy to create a picture of BBD into a statement about TO. And you also put up anti Romo statements on you Sig.

You are possibly the biggest agenda poster on this board.

I do give you credit though for actually putting together a sig that spells out your agenda for all to see.

btw... i am not anti TO at all. I am anti "I". If you believe him to be a "I" player and not a team player than you should also be against that for our "team". I am not ready to classify him as that at this point.

Thanks!

I figured it would be best to let everyone know in a sig to save my valuable fingers from having to spell it out all offseason to the speculators. ;)

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Jon88;2552786 said:
How about scream at people on the sidelines that he isn't getting the ball? Is that not wrong?

"Oh he just wants the ball and is competitive." BS. Everyone knows how he feels already. He's made that clear in his two stops before us.

When did this happen?

Ren

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2552461 said:
More like Romo cant win........

How the hell are you going to play QB while the following is going on:

TO is in your ear every freaking play screaming "throw me the ball, I am wide open", "they cant cover me, they just cant".

Roy11 is jogging his route and it is the wrong route to begin with.

Crayton thinks the ball is going to either TO or Witten so he stops running even though he is 5 yards behind the defender.

And on top of that Flo just whiffed on his guy and Proctor never got out of his stance because he forgot the snap count.

You now have 1.5 seconds before you get buried by the two free rushers.............what you going to do???

avoid the rush like only you can and buy your self like 10 more seconds then chuck it down the field to the part with the most defenders? :banghead:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ren;2555188 said:
avoid the rush like only you can and buy your self like 10 more seconds then chuck it down the field to the part with the most defenders? :banghead:

As opposed to simply being Brady or Manning in those situations and getting sacked an extra 5-6 times a game?

Brady and Manning you'd have to say are pretty darn good QBs, correct? Do you think they'd do anything behind our O-Line?

Take a look at how great the mighty Peyton Manning was on Saturday night with a constant guy hanging all over him all night. He was less than Manning-like.

Romo shoulders blame, without a doubt, but the people who refuse to realise how impossible it's going to be to win in December, and January, when your O-Line is allowing your QB to be run all over the field, sacked, and hit nearly every single time he drops back are just delusional.

hockix

Reaction score
I think the best thing that could happen to Romo is if we get a good backup at QB. He would be challenged and if he can't make it we'll know what he is.
As good as Romo can be... he can't keep it throw the end... at least not for now.