"if You Dont Believe, Get Up And Leave....

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
.....FOLLOW ME TO THE PROMISE LAND"

All-time favorite quote from my all-time favorite sales trainer and manager.

It never failed to get me going after a meeting and I thought I'd take it out for a spin to help give all you doubters a little faith.

We are winning the Superbowl this year. This is not a maybe or even a most likely. Its a guarantee.

It will happen because this team has prepared for it to happen. It has planned for it to happen.
It has done so over the last 12,24,36 months better than any other team.

We have the best team. Period. Not in theory, not on paper. In reality, the best team.

Now I'm going to tell you why we have the best team and challenge anyone to prove me wrong.

It all starts at the top with Owner/GM. Jerry and his under-appreciated son Steven are as good as it gets.

This dynamic duo will probably never get its due, but name me a Front Office that's had more success in the last 2 Parcels-less years.
Perhaps I missed something, but can someone name me the mistake these two have made. The bad pick, trade or FA signing.
I know the jury's still out on a few of these moves, but it all looks gold so far to me:
2006 Owens(all Jones), 2007 Davis, Hamlin, Johnson. 2008 Thomas, Jones. Ton of good looking 2nd yr and rookie players out of the last two drafts.

In addition to all that, you have a man in Jerry Jones the players know is on their side. A man they know will pay them fairly and treat them like family.

Remember the Sanders interview with Owens before the Giants playoff game when he asked Owens why he was returning so soon? "Jerry took a risk on me and I can't let him down". Who this guy and what did he do with TO! Don't know about you guys but that brought a tear to my eye.
That's the Jerry Jones effect, could any other owner or GM do that? Turn TO into a team guy ready to run through walls.

Say what you want about Phillips, but he's doing what he was brought here to do.
1) Turn around the defense as a great x and o guy.
2) Turn the roster into raving fans. These guys love him.

Not going through the rest of the staff but Houck is 2nd to none and Garrett is living up to expectations.

This roster is loaded! Just count the top 5 players.

Starting at the top with QB Romo.
There's is no longer a debate on Romo. He is a top 5 QB. The only debate is just what spot in that top 5, how much better can he get and for how long.
His 0-2 record in post-season is the lamest arguement against this kids' excellence. I said it in 2006 and I believe it now in 2008 more than ever, Romo is the next Joe Montana.
His field vision, pocket presence, quick release, accuracy and ability to throw on the move are second to none.

RB Barber/Jones/Choice I can't place this group in the top 5 just yet. Top 10 for sure and I'm confident top 5 by years end.
Barber is a moose. He's as hard to tackle as any back and plays his best in the red zone.
I've seen and heard too many good things about Jones for him to fail. He's cat quick with legit starters size. He's also a natural receiver. I believe he'll add that game breaking speed element this #2 offense lacked in 2007 and push it to #1.

Our receivers as a group rank top 5 for certain with 2 top 5 players.
Owens changes the game. He's uncoverable, and physically dominating. Especially with the ball after the catch. He's too fast and dangerous with the ball to play off and too fast and strong to jam.
Witten is the ultimate TE. He's big, strong and quick. Pure match-up problem for 98% of the defensive players he faces. Can't remember the last time he dropped a pass. Crayton, Hurd and Miles are all at worst compitent.

This OL could be the best in football. I say could be because the parts have high value, but the 2007 results valued less than the sum.
Bottom line is that this group did not run block as well as it needed to. This is where Houck comes into play. I see him taking this group with its 3 legit PB players to its highest ranking since 1995. I project this group as top 5.

Our defense overall will show the greatest improvement for two strong reasons. 1) We are in the second year of Philips system. Every group, especially Phillips' improve in year two. 2) Talent has been dramatically upgraded.

DL has made huge strides in 2008. We now have a legit run stuffing NT in Johnson. He was little factor in the second half of 2007. Now he's had a whole off season with Dallas. He's looked tremdous in preseason. Spears a has also made huge strides and has earned his starting spot this year. Since I'm not anticipating a regression from Ratliff, hatcher or Canty, huge improvement overall against the run especially.

LB No group in football comes close to Ware, Ellis and Spencer. Our MLB is taking a major upgrade with Thomas. He's just what the doctor ordered. He will be our best upgrade and take our run defense to heights not seen in over a decade.

CB Second strongest unit after QB. I rank it #1 in football. We can put 4 to 5 legit starting CB's on the field. As good as the depth wil prove out in the nickle, it's the starters that really have me juiced.
Newman and Jones(eventually) if not week one are a tremndous pair. They are both previous top 10 draft picks with the natural athletic ability you'd expect from a players ranked that high coming out of college.

So I see much improved run defense early to put our defense in a favorable position more often than in 2007. When it's in that 3rd down postion, I see much improved coverage ability to get off the field.

I'm predicting a #1 ranking for our defense.

So I'm predicting a number 1 ranking on offense and defense.
Can anyone tell me the last time a team achieved this without winning the Superbowl?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If that post doesn't fire you up...check your pulse.

Great job Sonny.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
total homer alert.

lets get thru 1 or 2 games without many dumb mistakes, penalties, etc. before choking ourselves with cool-aid.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
chinch;2233319 said:
total homer alert.

lets get thru 1 or 2 games without many dumb mistakes, penalties, etc. before choking ourselves with cool-aid.

Someone always has to throw a rock in a positive thread. :rolleyes: It's ok Sonny...I will follow you to the promise land. I'm ready for some Cowboy football!!:starspin

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm not claiming anything until I see it on the field. We were supposed to cream everybody in the playoffs last year and we got beat. The pats were 18-0 on the verge of being the best team ever and they lost.

Show me they can put together a full season. Show Me we crunch down when it matters and I'll agree with the SB Winning predictions.

We are at this point a super talented team with everything it needs to win a SB. But until It's proven on the field, and atleast win one playoff game we are not Guaranteed to win jack squat.

I'll be happy with a win in Cleveland. One game at a time.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2233488 said:
Someone always has to throw a rock in a positive thread. :rolleyes: It's ok Sonny...I will follow you to the promise land. I'm ready for some Cowboy football!!:starspin

It's not the Promise land that people enjoy. it's the journey it takes them to get there.

theWave21

Reaction score
Not to sound like a hater, but let's try to be realistic about this team.

*Our receivers cannot be ranked top 5 due to being paper thin at the top. God forbid, but if TO goes down, the season is over. We'll see 8 in the box and a blitz on every down.
*Our CB seem loaded on paper, but what's the most important thing about a team's secondary? It's called a pass rush. This has been the number one issue plaguing our defense for years and it will continue to be a problem this year. Even the best defensive back can cover a receiver for a limited amount of time and if the QB can just stand back there, we'll be in trouble.
*I don't know what it is, but I just feel like this team is content with being in the national spotlight. They're not hungry. In fact, some would say we're a soft team. I hate to sound so negative, but i'm not annointing this team until they show me some fire.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2233319 said:
total homer alert.

I must respectfully direct your attention to the first line in this thread.

Anyway, what happens after we go 2-0 without your mistakes and penalties?

Is it lets see how the season goes or wait til they do it in the play-offs?

Wait! Wait for what? Some other shoe to drop or house too fall on the team?

If this is how you choose to spend the 2008 season, god help you.

Not for me! That's no way to spend a season. For me its.............

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE.....GET UP AND LEAVE!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2233503 said:
I'm not claiming anything until I see it on the field. We were supposed to cream everybody in the playoffs last year and we got beat. The pats were 18-0 on the verge of being the best team ever and they lost.

Show me they can put together a full season. Show Me we crunch down when it matters and I'll agree with the SB Winning predictions.

We are at this point a super talented team with everything it needs to win a SB. But until It's proven on the field, and atleast win one playoff game we are not Guaranteed to win jack squat.

I'll be happy with a win in Cleveland. One game at a time.

Thomas Thomas Thomas.....you must suspend disbelief.
You can't wait, have to see it now!

Follow me to the promise land!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
theWave21;2233577 said:
Not to sound like a hater, but let's try to be realistic about this team.

*Our receivers cannot be ranked top 5 due to being paper thin at the top. God forbid, but if TO goes down, the season is over. We'll see 8 in the box and a blitz on every down.
*Our CB seem loaded on paper, but what's the most important thing about a team's secondary? It's called a pass rush. This has been the number one issue plaguing our defense for years and it will continue to be a problem this year. Even the best defensive back can cover a receiver for a limited amount of time and if the QB can just stand back there, we'll be in trouble.
*I don't know what it is, but I just feel like this team is content with being in the national spotlight. They're not hungry. In fact, some would say we're a soft team. I hate to sound so negative, but i'm not annointing this team until they show me some fire.

Whenever someone says "not to sound like" they always do.

As far as your post, 98% of what comes after one of these * is wrong!

We have 3 starting receivers. WR, WR, TE. Two of the 3 are All-Pro Players.

Our CB's seem loaded on paper, plastic, compact disc, hard drive and cyber space. Oh ya they are in the real world as well.
I can't even argue this, Stevie Wonder can see how loaded we are.

Last years 1st round exit IS fueling this teams hunger. For all the morons who say, "if only this team had a play-off win under its belt, I'd feel better"

Well guess what, so would the players. I don't wanmt them complacent thinking they are on track because the won one last year and naturally should take the next step this year.

That's BS! They need to be edgy and not having won in post season IS keeping them that way!

bigE79

Reaction score
:star: Great Post Brother...for 31yrs Ive Been Believing...i Will Always Believe In My Boys,GO COWBOYS:star: