"INDIANA JONES & THE KINDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL" - Review

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2094219 said:
No, they've been trying for YEARS to get INDY 4 going.

two more on the way...I would bet we see both in the next 2-3 yrs pr so

I suspect the 2nd installment will be the passing of the torch to the kid Jones, though who knows for sure

David

Kevinicus

Reaction score
dbair1967;2094538 said:
two more on the way...I would bet we see both in the next 2-3 yrs pr so

I suspect the 2nd installment will be the passing of the torch to the kid Jones, though who knows for sure

David

From what I heard they're going to wait for Shia to get done with Transformers 2 and 3, which would mean 2012 at the earliest.

Aikbach

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2094893 said:
From what I heard they're going to wait for Shia to get done with Transformers 2 and 3, which would mean 2012 at the earliest.
This is nothing but speculation, I work for Paramount and can confirm but with few details that Transformers will begin shooting next month.

Indiana Jones is done, this was the last hurrah, nothing more can be expected beyond DVD box sets.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Aikbach;2094930 said:
This is nothing but speculation, I work for Paramount and can confirm but with few details that Transformers will begin shooting next month.

Indiana Jones is done, this was the last hurrah, nothing more can be expected beyond DVD box sets.

we shall see, but I read an article from one of of those Entertainment people that said he had confirmed there were two more Indy's booked for shooting

I'll try to find it and post

David

Aikbach

Reaction score
dbair1967;2094979 said:
we shall see, but I read an article from one of of those Entertainment people that said he had confirmed there were two more Indy's booked for shooting

I'll try to find it and post

David
Articles, IMDB, Studio System, they all pump out a fair amount of rumor and speculation or dated information that since fell through.

Trust me when I say as an insider to the development process in this industry that Indiana Jones has taken his final bow on the silver screen.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was worried that they were going to make it ultra serious and have all this major nostalgia and try to add the family touch and make it different from the others, and I felt that, other than the monkeys, they didn't.

I loved the Indy movies because they were B Movies with a budget and script, and this one felt the same way. I enjoyed that it didn't take itself too seriously and was happy to be campy. Win in my book.

Treebranch

Reaction score
This movie was horrible. I took my kids to see it yesterday, and at least they liked it. I would have left if they weren't with me.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;2095014 said:
Articles, IMDB, Studio System, they all pump out a fair amount of rumor and speculation or dated information that since fell through.

Trust me when I say as an insider to the development process in this industry that Indiana Jones has taken his final bow on the silver screen.

you don't think they'll do a Young Indiana Jones movie?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Aikbach;2094930 said:

Yes, 2012 is a guess on my part. I'm figuring 2011 for Transformers 3 with Transformers 2 coming out next June. Whether or not they'd wait for Shia to finish them I'm not sure, just what I've heard. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to shoot them in between Transformers though and have Indy in 2010, and the last one in 2012. Maybe that's what they meant, but from what I read it sounded like they would wait until he was done with both before doing more Indy.

So, if you work for Paramount is there anyway you can get some promotional stuff for Transformers? My wife would die to have it. Especially the press kit (she so wants the transforming pen). We were able to snag the box at an auction at Botcon this year, but that's all.

Aikbach

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2096259 said:
Yes, 2012 is a guess on my part. I'm figuring 2011 for Transformers 3 with Transformers 2 coming out next June. Whether or not they'd wait for Shia to finish them I'm not sure, just what I've heard. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to shoot them in between Transformers though and have Indy in 2010, and the last one in 2012. Maybe that's what they meant, but from what I read it sounded like they would wait until he was done with both before doing more Indy.

So, if you work for Paramount is there anyway you can get some promotional stuff for Transformers? My wife would die to have it. Especially the press kit (she so wants the transforming pen). We were able to snag the box at an auction at Botcon this year, but that's all.
My friend I work in the studio development office and it ain't on the radar, Transformers three is two or three years away and the slate is full of properties I'm not at liberty to discuss because of confidentiality agreements but trust me when I quite literally tell you that you will see a "Barbie" movie (hint) before you can even dream of another Indiana Jones; lest we forget it took 15 years of planning simply to disappoint us this time around.

PM me if you want to talk about Transformer merchandise.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2095117 said:
you don't think they'll do a Young Indiana Jones movie?
The time has passed, the interest isn't there, the movie is a financial success but a fleeting box office cash cow and not an intrinsic film that will be a beloved treasure of childhood like the original series thus I don't think the demand will be there.

Spielberg has three projects to obligate his time for the remainder of the decade, one of them like a young Indy in the form of the popular Belgian comic "Tin Tin".

Shai LeBeouf is trying to expand out of the sidekick roles and into more dramatic challenging, less blockbusteresque material, although he is contractually obligated to do two more Transformer movies.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
they seemed to have a lot of do-over scenes in this movie. The boat going over the cliff is the same basic scene as INdy II when the raft went over the cliff into the water and the INdy 1 when the tank went over the cliff.

The sword fight scene in the two cars was a redo of Indy II when the two rail cars were going at it and Short Round was being pulled between the two.

It was not even remotely as good as RAiders or Last Crusade but more in line with the 2nd INdy Movie. Disappointing but still entertaining.