"Mike Jenkins didnt cover Jackson very well"- Simms

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I disagree but w/e. The gameplan is to give him the underneath b/c the combo of our pressure and Mcnabbs turf hoppers is perfect.

Just sounded like Phil Simms was hating

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...was terrible and Jackson schooled Jenkins. :rolleyes:

It's all in the score.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I expect this will be the game that they finally hit the big play to either Jackson or Maclin so I hope our player prepare themselves for that and bounce back quickly.

We have done a superb job of stopping the big play and I doubt very seriously we can manage to do it 3 times in 1 year or much less 2 times in 2 weeks.

brickman

Reaction score
Simms is a moron. He should spend his time trying to teach his son how to complete a pass.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
CATCH17;3204398 said:
I expect this will be the game that they finally hit the big play to either Jackson or Maclin so I hope our player prepare themselves for that and bounce back quickly.

We have done a superb job of stopping the big play and I doubt very seriously we can manage to do it 3 times in 1 year or much less 2 times in 2 weeks.
Said the man with the "believe" banner in his sig. :laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Panch;3204401 said:
Didnt Jenkins himself say he was on Maclin??

Most of the time but he also had Jackson some of the time depending on the side the WR lined up on

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dargonking999;3204395 said:
Too bad Newman covered Jackson and not jenkins

Yea, he said he watched the gametape and that was his first impression but w/e.

Did like our rush though

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Seems to me the Eagles are overly concerned with hitting the big play and their offense. They need to be worried about us hitting the big play and fixing their issues in the secondary.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
67CowboysFan;3204404 said:
Said the man with the "believe" banner in his sig. :laugh2:

Hey I believe we can win this game and I actually believe in this years defense as well.

I admit that I am nervous about trying to beat a team like Philly 3 times in a year.

I heard Brad Sham give a stat that teams have played back to back games 9 times in history and the team who won the 1st game only won the 2nd game 3 out of the 9 times.

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
I think as long as they keep up the pressure and continue to rattle/frustrate McNabb, it'll be less and less important who covers Jackson and how well, because it'll lead to more of his patented bounce-passes in the dirt.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;3204398 said:

Same here. I'm sure there will be plenty of freaking out when it happens.

But... Phil Simms really said this? What was he looking at?

Reaction score
Oh great another ex Giant who waved goodbye to his career a long time ago needs to bash us. Whats new does Phil Simms ever think before he speaks?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Simms also picked us to win the game, btw.

hairic

Reaction score
Well, he was the one covering him when he got that 32 yard completion before the McNabb fumble. From what I remember, though, it looked like a zone and his zone got flooded and the other defender didn't recognize the route combo.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
CATCH17;3204413 said:
Hey I believe we can win this game and I actually believe in this years defense as well.

I admit that I am nervous about trying to beat a team like Philly 3 times in a year.

I heard Brad Sham give a stat that teams have played back to back games 9 times in history and the team who won the 1st game only won the 2nd game 3 out of the 9 times.

I wonder how many of those 9 games were meaningful games for both teams involved though?

Were most of them of the Cincy vs NYJ variety? Or the Dallas vs. Philly variety...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;3204553 said:
I wonder how many of those 9 games were meaningful games for both teams involved though?

Were most of them of the Cincy vs NYJ variety? Or the Dallas vs. Philly variety...

No idea. They didn't say.

But there will be 3 more games added to that 9 after this weekend because there are 3 week 17 rematches.

superpunk

Reaction score
With all the talking being done by Eagles coaches, McNabb, Jackson, and the pundits, I'm not convinced that this Sunday, IF THE EAGLES DON'T BEAT THEMSELVES, we will lose this game 137-0.