"Mike Jenkins didnt cover Jackson very well"- Simms

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
dargonking999;3204395 said:
Too bad Newman covered Jackson and not jenkins

That's what's getting lost in all the Jenkins vs. Jackson talk this week. It's actually Newman who has been matched up vs Jackson for the most part.

alancdc

Reaction score
CATCH17;3204398 said:
I expect this will be the game that they finally hit the big play to either Jackson or Maclin so I hope our player prepare themselves for that and bounce back quickly.

We have done a superb job of stopping the big play and I doubt very seriously we can manage to do it 3 times in 1 year or much less 2 times in 2 weeks.

Tend to agree. They probably will hit on a few. We have to limit them, and hopefully, when they do not go for scores hold to a FG!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
superpunk;3204617 said:
With all the talking being done by Eagles coaches, McNabb, Jackson, and the pundits, I'm not convinced that this Sunday, IF THE EAGLES DON'T BEAT THEMSELVES, we will lose this game 137-0.

:confused:

Sunday?

Saturday?

Ware misses practice Friday?

What the hell is today!

I need some different weed! This stuff is wacking me out!!

:eek:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jackson did run free a few times, but I'm not sure who was covering him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well if the team holding him to 3 catches for 30 something yards is Jenkins covering him terrible then I'll take that every single time. Thank you very much.

chuffly

Reaction score
Technically Simms is right considering how hard it is to cover two receivers at once.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
DFWJC;3204885 said:
Jackson did run free a few times, but I'm not sure who was covering him.

Anyone with that kind of speed and quickness is going to break free at least a few times, I dont care who's covering him or what kind of scheme the defense is running. As I've said, Hamlin has a very difficult job back there covering the back end with Jackson coming at him full speed. If Hamlin makes one false move or even slips, it's a home run for the Eagles.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3204391 said:
I disagree but w/e. The gameplan is to give him the underneath b/c the combo of our pressure and Mcnabbs turf hoppers is perfect.

Just sounded like Phil Simms was hating

Where was Simms on today?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Maybe they should put Jenkins on Jackson this week so he can catch zero balls. I don't remember seeing Jenkins on the guy once last week.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
viman96;3204408 said:
Seems to me the Eagles are overly concerned with hitting the big play and their offense. They need to be worried about us hitting the big play and fixing their issues in the secondary.

A novel concept, but they've decided that they can't fix some issues, so they'll focus on what they do well.

Has anyone in the media pointed out how bad their run defense was against us the other night? Marion and Felix averaged 6 yards a pop.

They also don't focus on running the ball themselves. If we get a 7 point lead on them, it is as if they abandon the run completely.

IMO, McNabb and the big play is not enough to beat good teams on a consistent basis. You have to play defense and run the ball also.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3205111 said:
Where was Simms on today?

Was on w/ Mike Francesa. Said he and one of his sons watched the film.

Maybe a slip up? Coaches footage is from the defenses angle so IDK what he was saying.

Not exactly Trent Dilfer/Matt Millen attention to detail there

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3205277 said:

Maybe a slip up? Coaches footage is from the defenses angle so IDK what he was saying.

Thanks. I got him from Inside the NFL last night saying some of the same stuff, but he didn't call out Jenkins by name.

He did pick the Cowboys to win the game though.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3205277 said:

Aikman is gonna be on tomorrow

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
superpunk;3204443 said:
What was the last "big play" we gave up? Jackson in SD?

Hmm...I guess you missed the Eagles punter highlights didn't you?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3204391 said:
I disagree but w/e. The gameplan is to give him the underneath b/c the combo of our pressure and Mcnabbs turf hoppers is perfect.

Just sounded like Phil Simms was hating

I am sorry but that is not true.

Jenkins had good cover on him most of the time. He played what he suposed to play and that he did great. When he gave upo the underneath route it was because the cover was designed that way. When he had to cover the underneath route he shut Jackson out.

That WRs of Philly dropped balls and McNabb threw some bad balls i don't think has only to do with him or them having a bad day. You play the way your opponent let's you. And when the opoonenten forces you to play at your limit the whole game then you are about to make mistakes. And with seeing that you are not able to keep up with your opponent then cmes frustration and more mistakes.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
CATCH17;3204413 said:
Hey I believe we can win this game and I actually believe in this years defense as well.

I admit that I am nervous about trying to beat a team like Philly 3 times in a year.

I heard Brad Sham give a stat that teams have played back to back games 9 times in history and the team who won the 1st game only won the 2nd game 3 out of the 9 times.

Hopefully we will be the 33% that wins and the Packers and Jets will be the 66% that loses.