"Sleeper" Movies

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Danny White said:
I love Fear of a Black Hat... we used to watch that all the time in college.

Another great underrated movie is "Strictly Ballroom" directed by Baz Luhrman.

First in his Red Curtain series. This one dealt with dance as an artform, the second focused on the written word (Romeo & Juliet) and the third on music (Moulin Rouge, based on both La Boheme and Orpheus's decent).

Baz Luhrman is a fantastic director. Incredibly original.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
The Long Riders: About the Younger Gang. A neat feature the gang was made up of brothers Younger's Miller's and the James's (Yes Jessie) any ways all the actors where real life brothers.

Excalibur: The best King Arthur movie ever period plane and simple I compare all to this film and they come up short. Merlin is portrayed in a way that is just cool. If you have not seen it and you like the King Arthur story line watch it.

Boy did you get those right. Especially Excalibur...Great movie.

the_long_riders.jpg
1800062820p.jpg
merlinexcalibur6yy.jpg

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
"No Way Out" with Kevin Costner...
Good movie , Lousy 70s like music but good movie with several twist about government cover up

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1052822 said:
Flesh.....I mean Flash Gordon :D

FLASH!! AHHHH!!! HE SAVE EVERY ONE OF US!!! :laugh2:

That whole "Long live Flash, you've saved your Earth! Have a nice day!" line at the end with Flash Gordon jumping into the camera is frigging fantastic! They just don't make cheese fest cult classics like that flick anymore.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1054725 said:
Any thoughts on them?

Office Space is pretty funny and is well worth watching

They Call Me Bruce is freakin hilarious making fun of the karate movies
Look at me I am chinese with this hand I can rip out your eye haha funny stuff and of course he can not fight

They still call Me Bruce was lacking compared to the first one

Southern Comfort been a long time but if it is the 1981 about the National Guard in the swamps it was ok nothing great

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Some more under rated Movies

Sling Blade: Billy Bob Thorton's best performance that I have seen him in. Well worth watching

Big Trouble in Little China: Comedy with Kurt Russell quite funny.

Animated one would be Iron Giant watch this one with my son 1000 of times yes he liked it that much and I never pulled my hair out like on some of them hehe.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1058505 said:

Sling Blade: Billy Bob Thorton's best performance that I have seen him in. Well worth watching

Animated one would be Iron Giant watch this one with my son 1000 of times yes he liked it that much and I never pulled my hair out like on some of them hehe.

I loved Big trouble in little China been a long time since I watched it though.

"Overboard" with with Kur Russell and Goldie Hawn also very funny...

"Southern Comfort" Is the one with the gaurd and I have seen it many times and I think it is very good.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1058505 said:

You know what Jack Burton says at a time like this...

haha, one of my favorite movies. can't believe i didn't think to put it on here.

FoldedSpace

Reaction score
Repo Man - 1984 (directed by Alex Cox, produced by Michael Nesmith, and starring Emilio Estevez and Harry Dean Stanton)

The Devils - 1971 (directed by Ken Russell and starring Oliver Reed and Vanessa Redgrave)

Solaris - 1972 ( Russian film based on the novel Solaris by Polish author Stanisław Lem. It is directed by acclaimed Soviet director Andrei Tarkovsky)

Evil Dead II - 1987 (directed by Sam Raimi, written by Raimi and Scott Spiegel, produced by Rob Tapert and starred Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams)

The Young Lions - (1958 film based upon the book of the same name starring Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, and Dean Martin)

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
"Very Bad Things"
With an all star cast.
Christian Slater
Cameron Diaz
Danile Stern

Great movie about covering up an accidental murder while in Vegas foe a batchelor party.