"We’re becoming a nation of wussies."

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm by no means an Eagles fan, but just loved the comment about the Eagles/Vikings game postponement by the Pennsylvania Governor
Gov. Ed Rendell joined countless fans upset about the game’s move to Tuesday when he told FOX News:

“It’s an absolute joke. I was looking forward to this. It would have been a real experience. This is what football is all about. We’re becoming a nation of wussies.”
Rendell went on to say that Vince Lombardi would be “mocking us” for the postponement.

“This is football; football’s played in bad weather,” Rendell said. “I think the fans would have gotten there, the subways work and the major arteries are still open and other fans would have stayed home. But you play football regardless of the weather.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/27/2545708/pennsylvania-governor-upset-about.html#ixzz19OF19Xu8

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
The NFL knows what the Pennsylvania gov doesn't want to admit! That is how stupid the fans are that go to an eagals games! Could you imagine how many murders there would've been? If this game was played in MN, the NFL would not have canceled it!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
they have been playing games in that weather for years in buffalo, cleveland, green bay and chicago.

I am so tired of the philly tough guy mantra. Each and every year more and more things are happening to tear that nonsense down.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
They declared a "state of emergency" before the game even started, then complain when the game is canceled.

So which is it? Emergency or not?

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
The Steelers play in the worse conditions EVER. The Eagles bwahaha good god for a city that proclaims to be so tough those guys have a serious case of having a ******.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Faerluna;3767102 said:
They declared a "state of emergency" before the game even started, then complain when the game is canceled.

So which is it? Emergency or not?

:rolleyes:

Declaring a "state of emergency" for a city is usually done before the storm even hits and is just a precautionary measure to make sure they are ready to get it cleaned up if it is in fact as bad as its forcasted to be.

As it turns out it wasn't even close. Philly was forcasted to get about 15-20 inches of snow and got like 5-7.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Rendell and this:

Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe agreed.

“The roads are bad for East Coast standards,” he said. “But if this was in the Midwest there would be no way that this would be delayed.”

:bow:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3767354 said:
Declaring a "state of emergency" for a city is usually done before the storm even hits and is just a precautionary measure to make sure they are ready to get it cleaned up if it is in fact as bad as its forcasted to be.

As it turns out it wasn't even close. Philly was forcasted to get about 15-20 inches of snow and got like 5-7.

This has nothing to do with you being a Cowboys fan or any other football affiliated fan. I'll even apologize up front for having to tell you to get a grip (I've told many a fan from all team affiliations the same...I am totally not trying to offend, disrupt or flame anyone or any team) ...but it does not appear that you are thinking this through clearly.

A "State of Emergency" versus a football game traditionally played in adverse weather conditions!

First off an official State of Emergency is ...

* A condition where necessary and urgent assistance will be required in terms of financial assistance. We frequently hear this phrase whenever a coasta
l region of the US is about to get hit by a hurricane or tropical storm. This is basically a declaration asking the president for financial and other assistance
ahead of time, before a disaster strikes

That is not a game ...it a real situation that requires action! BTW ...Philly got over 12 feet of snow.

I think we need to draw the line somewhere ...I'm looking for a great game tonight, and hopefully Andy Reid will play Kevin Kolb and some other 2nd team players in the Cowboys game. Call us Aussies or whatever you'd like. But I call it playing it safe, in a meaningless game (strictly from a post game perspective and meaning no disrespect to the Cowboys). But at this point in the regular season, I would not want to risk a late regular season injury for any of my first-string starters.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wimps .....

But what do you expect ..... the most famous sports figure from Philly is make believe.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they declare a state of emergency then it does not make them wimps for not playing. Actually it is using your head and being adult about a situation that could put a good number of people in danger who will be going to a game in what is reported to be bad weather conditions.

It would be more wimpy to go ahead with the game when there is real bad weather scheduled instead of making a hard stand for the safety of the community or people...because they know they would get ripped on over a football game.

Sorry...This whole idea of it making them wimps over this is pretty stupid IMO.

I know it is the eagles, I know we as cowboys fans hate the eagles and some of us have a special disdain for Vick...but stupid is stupid and considering the whole thing wimpy for trying to protect the community or individuals and putting more focus on the ramifications of a predicted nasty winter storm is just more important IMO. If I lived in the area or if I were the players I would rather they put more of the resources and concern to the community.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
You guys act like every single person would be driving, like in Texas. What about mass transit? Even the mayor said:

“This is football; football’s played in bad weather,” Rendell said. “I think the fans would have gotten there, the subways work and the major arteries are still open and other fans would have stayed home. But you play football regardless of the weather.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/27/2545708/pennsylvania-governor-upset-about.html#ixzz19RQ6Q6Nm

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3767631 said:
I know it is the eagles, I know we as cowboys fans hate the eagles

stallone-sylvester-rocky-arms-3700761.jpg

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;3767599 said:
This has nothing to do with you being a Cowboys fan or any other football affiliated fan. I'll even apologize up front for having to tell you to get a grip (I've told many a fan from all team affiliations the same...I am totally not trying to offend, disrupt or flame anyone or any team) ...but it does not appear that you are thinking this through clearly.

A "State of Emergency" versus a football game traditionally played in adverse weather conditions!

First off an official State of Emergency is ...

* A condition where necessary and urgent assistance will be required in terms of financial assistance. We frequently hear this phrase whenever a coasta
l region of the US is about to get hit by a hurricane or tropical storm. This is basically a declaration asking the president for financial and other assistance
ahead of time, before a disaster strikes

That is not a game ...it a real situation that requires action! BTW ...Philly got over 12 feet of snow.

I think we need to draw the line somewhere ...I'm looking for a great game tonight, and hopefully Andy Reid will play Kevin Kolb and some other 2nd team players in the Cowboys game. Call us Aussies or whatever you'd like. But I call it playing it safe, in a meaningless game (strictly from a post game perspective and meaning no disrespect to the Cowboys). But at this point in the regular season, I would not want to risk a late regular season injury for any of my first-string starters.

12 feet of snow huh? You guys must have gotten buried. I can only hope..

Honestly, there wasn't more than 5 inches down on the ground by 8:30 PM. They could have easily played. Mass transit was available, the main roads were clear, it woulnd't have been a problem.

Basically, Mayor Nuttjob panicked, and the storm didn't hit the area near as hard as it was supposed to. The game could've easily been played.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3767631 said:
If they declare a state of emergency then it does not make them wimps for not playing. Actually it is using your head and being adult about a situation that could put a good number of people in danger who will be going to a game in what is reported to be bad weather conditions.

It would be more wimpy to go ahead with the game when there is real bad weather scheduled instead of making a hard stand for the safety of the community or people...because they know they would get ripped on over a football game.

Sorry...This whole idea of it making them wimps over this is pretty stupid IMO.

I know it is the eagles, I know we as cowboys fans hate the eagles and some of us have a special disdain for Vick...but stupid is stupid and considering the whole thing wimpy for trying to protect the community or individuals and putting more focus on the ramifications of a predicted nasty winter storm is just more important IMO. If I lived in the area or if I were the players I would rather they put more of the resources and concern to the community.

Hey man.. Cowboys fans arn't calling them wimps. Its got nothing to do with what team you support. The Governor of PA, and one of the biggest Eagles fans alive, said it was wimpy.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I didn't even catch this part, but they just played it on NFL Network.

Gov Rendell: The Chineese are beating us in everything! If this game were in China, they would have marched down to the stadium. They would've walked, and they would be doing calculus on the way there.

:lmao2:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3767803 said:

Gov Rendell: The Chineese are beating us in everything! If this game were in China, they would have marched down to the stadium. They would've walked, and they would be doing calculus on the way there.

Yeah. That part had me laughing as well. :D

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3767803 said:

Don't give the NFL any ideas, there's not too many places the Vikings haven't played this year.
If I had to guess, I would say that Gov. Rendell is a drinking man.:beer2:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
zrinkill;3767609 said:
Wimps .....But what do you expect ..... the most famous sports figure from Philly is make believe.

Just or the record, either you're just kidding or you do not know your sports figures very well. Here's just a few small names of those sports figures that come out of Philadelphia ...

Eddie George (Dallas Cowboys – Philadelphia

John Heisman – Namesake of the Heisman Trophy – Philadelphia

Digger Phelps – Notre Dame Head Coach – Philadelphia

Roy Campanellla Professional HOF baseball player—Philadelphia

Wilt Chamberlain professional basketball player—Philadelphia

Marvin Harrison,professional football player—Philadelphia

Eddie George (Dallas Cowboys football player) – Philadelphia

This guy ... portrays a fictional character as Rocky.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Like Rendell said to Brian Williams.

The NFL and the Eagles put more people at risk by selling alcohol in the stadium and letting people tailgate 7 hours before the game even starts and then letting them drive home.

Sorry you don't cancel football games because of weather...short of lightning.

Rendell is right.