Racey McMath or Flournoy receiver 6?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Flournoy as #6 Flournoy already better than Tolbert. Bookmark this post
I'm gonna double down.
"Baby Dez" Flournoy will go down as the next Terrell Davis, or even (gasp!) Tom Brady as late round HOF players...lol/jk

Definitely better than Tolbert though, I agree.
The way he handled a cocky veteran DB was a site to see.
Not just the TD but every single one on one match-up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Flournoy,period. The kid flashes and has the tools to be dominant. I need to see more before I annoint him, but I like what I see so far. McMath must really ball out the next game to make the team. Cropper I think is PS material. He crapped the bed last week. Pun not intended. lol

RonWashington

Reaction score
Probably CD then Cooks Turpin & Tolbert . I wonder about Brooks . Does Dallas have Brooks followed by Flournoy and McMath all on PS ? Going to possibly lose one or two of them to other teams .

You draft Brooks they talk about how much they like him but on Sundays at 47 you can only dress what 4 WR and 3 TE …..maybe five WR . Brooks ? Expose Flournoy to getting a call from another team if he’s PS .

Creeper

Reaction score
For me it's Flournoy. From what I have seen, and I admit two preseason games is not much, Flournoy already runs good routes, seems to understand play design and has good hands. I like Harmon for the same reason although Harmon could be that guy who has a good camp and disappears in the regular season.

I wish we could see more, but right now, Flournoy looks like he knows how to get open and that is the difference.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Believe there is more upside with Flournoy but depending on the other posititions, we might only go 5 at WR which would be Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin and Brooks. Good chance we keep 4 TE with Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Stephens and Spann-Ford as Stephens can double at WR and Spann-Ford because he can be the extra OL guy at 270 when we go six OL on a play.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Flournoy as #6 Flournoy already better than Tolbert. Bookmark this post

You could be exactly on target . I look at Tolbert and I want a consistent stretch the chains first down receiver , not exactly a deep threat . Cole Beasley type . I really liked Beasley man was dependable .

RonWashington

Reaction score
You need a deep threat too . McMath could be that if he ever had a chance in s game that counts .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McMath is on the TC roster as he has been few years. For his speed.
But Flournoy, is the 6th WR. He is also a draft pick. They like to hold on to them. And he seems to be more of a complete WR than the others.

Why not put Tyron Billy Johnson over McMath. He has speed also.

So I say Flournoy. But he has not taken the 5th spot from Brooks yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You may be exactly right . Brooks more of a deep threat Tolbert
yep. Even though he doesn't have the straight line speed as Tolbert, the kid has an uncanny knack for finding a way to get open and finding the ball. Great hands and awareness. Tolbert...I aint sold just yet. I need to see more. Brooks, I think we have ourselves a complete wr that just needs to be getting reps as wr 3. Even if that means JT is wr 4. Flournoy can be the Ace card coming in off the bench to spell them. Ease him into the offense in certain sets.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brooks has had a great offseason. TO ME is is more deserving right now of a roster spot on the 53. Need to see more BUT I like his game alot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I feel JT is MUCH more suited to be the slot wr. Thats his niche. Brooks has ability to be an X factor wr..can play anywhere,but is better suited to be out wide.Big wr with big catch radius.

RonWashington

Reaction score
yep. Even though he doesn't have the straight line speed as Tolbert, the kid has an uncanny knack for finding a way to get open and finding the ball. Great hands and awareness. Tolbert...I aint sold just yet. I need to see more. Brooks, I think we have ourselves a complete wr that just needs to be getting reps as wr 3. Even if that means JT is wr 4. Flournoy can be the Ace card coming in off the bench to spell them. Ease him into the offense in certain sets.

Great strategy. Love to see Brooks and Flournoy incorporated in this offense . Don’t trust MM to do it though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great strategy. Love to see Brooks and Flournoy incorporated in this offense . Don’t trust MM to do it though.
MM would be more apt to try than what Garrett would be. Seemed Garrett never trusted rookie WR's and they did not get a lot of snaps unless an injury.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I guess you missed the Raiders game
And in camp he’s one of the receivers most mentioned .
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he the guy that dropped not 1, but 2 passes in a row in a game? You're not making anything with those optics.