Raheem Mostert or Ezekiel Elliott

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is 5x the runner Henry is. Henry is useless if he doesn't get a full head of steam .
I wouldn't go that far but I agree DH is being overrated over one great year..hes good and deserves respect but I still rather have Zeke as a 3 down back who can run anywhere, block, catch passes and never missed game due to injury..

Zekes the focal point of our offense which makes him a focus of the defense and still can out up 1400yards and 12 tds in a down year according to CZ.... SMH

Reactions: CWR

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far but I agree DH is being overrated over one great year..hes good and deserves respect but I still rather have Zeke as a 3 down back who can run anywhere, block, catch passes and never missed game due to injury..

Zekes the focal point of our offense which makes him a focus of the defense and still can out up 1400yards and 12 tds in a down year according to CZ.... SMH

Zeke wasn’t the focal point of our offense.

Maybe you missed the fact our QB threw for 5,000 yards this season.

Henry carries the Titans
vs. Balt.
30 carries
195 yards
6.5 YPC

vs. NE
34 carries
182 yards
5.4 YPC

Those performances came in two games which his starting QB didn’t even register 90 passing yards FOR THE GAME.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke wasn’t the focal point of our offense.

Maybe you missed the fact our QB threw for 5,000 yards this season.

Henry carries the Titans
vs. Balt.
30 carries
195 yards
6.5 YPC

vs. NE
34 carries
182 yards
5.4 YPC

Those performances came in two games which his starting QB didn’t even register 90 passing yards FOR THE GAME.
I like henry but...he didnt get it done against the chiefs..its the last game that matters..it happens not a negative but maybe if the QB was good enough to take some heat off Henry he wouldn't have took all the attention yesterday..

let me school you how a QB can get these NEARLY 5k yards , when his RB is being game planned for open up the PA passes and has a few more less covered WRs etc etc

he is the focal point as around the league when GP for our offense who they start with, his name is Zeke.. we were 5th in the league in rushing EE was 30yards from being n 3rd place overall in the nfl..

oh second reason most of Daks yards were against the lessor defenses, he was average against the better teams but he made sure he padded stats against NY and Washington twice plus a few others..when he was really needed against NE, CHI, Buff, and Philly, what happened?

Zeke and the oline are still are strengths , EE is the focal point first stop zeke dare Dak to pass and when it mattered , He missed the mark..

back to zeke , hes having a far better career then henry, consistency and durability matter.. lets see how long this keeps up for Henry..

zeke carried the ball 300 times to henrys 303 Id say EE is still the focal point.

stop hating on our home grown stars , Zekes drafted by us and has done nothing to deserve toe hate..

like I said theres room in the nfl for others like Chubb, McCaffery, Henry, cook, fournettes etc etc to all be respected as stars, it doesnt man Zeke should be disrespected on his role on this team is very important..BTW on side note they all will be asking for new big deals , book it..notice when cooks had down games and Cousins gets exposed, cousins is good player but like dak he needs his run game and Wrs to be better to succeed..

you know who agrees with me, most defenses and the Jones' , they paid him.. In Private go as his teammates , they respect and admire what Zeke brings to this team..

now hopefully this new staff can utilize him more in the pass game, get pollard some carries because dak needs the help..

CWR

Reaction score
49ers getting way more value. Stupid to pay RBs top dollar when they’re so dependent on the oline.

Blame the FO for creating that monster. Instead of drafting a Singletary, Montgomery, ect. they picked up DMC and Alf. (I know its different years but I think those signings showed them the difference between good and elite)

The argument to draft Zeke was plentiful because we failed to get those uncovered gems at RB from the draft. We knew the difference between Joseph Randall and Demarco. Yes many guys can be highly successful with the right oline and system, on the other hand many can not succeed even when set up to do so. Both DMC and Alf played well post Demarco, but neither controlled the game like he did in 2014.

It seems there are a handful of talented rbs drafted each year that are highly productive.

If we could identify those guys Id completely understand passing on Zeke. We seemed to be hit or miss at drafting RB and the goal was to exacerbate a strength. It was as if we didn't want to roll the dice and instead wanted a sure thing.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like henry but...he didnt get it done against the chiefs..its the last game that matters..it happens not a negative but maybe if the QB was good enough to take some heat off Henry he wouldn't have took all the attention yesterday..

let me school you how a QB can get these NEARLY 5k yards , when his RB is being game planned for open up the PA passes and has a few more less covered WRs etc etc

he is the focal point as around the league when GP for our offense who they start with, his name is Zeke.. we were 5th in the league in rushing EE was 30yards from being n 3rd place overall in the nfl..

oh second reason most of Daks yards were against the lessor defenses, he was average against the better teams but he made sure he padded stats against NY and Washington twice plus a few others..when he was really needed against NE, CHI, Buff, and Philly, what happened?

Zeke and the oline are still are strengths , EE is the focal point first stop zeke dare Dak to pass and when it mattered , He missed the mark..

back to zeke , hes having a far better career then henry, consistency and durability matter.. lets see how long this keeps up for Henry..

zeke carried the ball 300 times to henrys 303 Id say EE is still the focal point.

stop hating on our home grown stars , Zekes drafted by us and has done nothing to deserve toe hate..

like I said theres room in the nfl for others like Chubb, McCaffery, Henry, cook, fournettes etc etc to all be respected as stars, it doesnt man Zeke should be disrespected on his role on this team is very important..BTW on side note they all will be asking for new big deals , book it..notice when cooks had down games and Cousins gets exposed, cousins is good player but like dak he needs his run game and Wrs to be better to succeed..

you know who agrees with me, most defenses and the Jones' , they paid him.. In Private go as his teammates , they respect and admire what Zeke brings to this team..

now hopefully this new staff can utilize him more in the pass game, get pollard some carries because dak needs the help..

Lol, so Zeke had 300 carries to Henry’s 303 but your takeaway is that Zeke is the focal point not Henry.

Henry has had more than one good season, you just haven’t paid attention.

In 2016, Zeke and our run game was the clear focal point of our offense attack, and Dak played off the run game with efficient and opportunistic passes.

That’s not what happened in 2019.

Dak had ~130 more passing attempts this year than 2016. That’s approximately 4 extra games worth of passing attempts.

In fact, the offense has consistently become more of a passing focused offense since 2016:

Passing attempts (Dak):
459 passes (2016)
490 passes (2017)
526 passes (2018)
596 passes (2019)

I have no interest in debating Zeke vs. Henry. But if you’re making claims that Zeke is the focal point, and Henry’s only done for one year, you’re completely off base.

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
No one cares about college football in the nfl

It doesn’t matter here

this is strictly all about the nfl. Bringing collegiate experience to support a stupid assertion just pretty much says everything
Exactly lol who brings up college lmaoo

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Am I doing it right?

I figure I give it a go after that ridiculous Derrick Henry thread

If anyone is watching this championship game it states how important scheme is. The 9ers are well coached.

Think about that when you want to get rid of great players like Elliott or cooper
so one great game and all of a sudden you want to replace Zeke....perhaps, it was the scheme getting him open. perhaps its Shanahan....just maybe a little...imagine if Shanahan had zeke, could 2000 yards be far away? ...but no you have to say do we want motsert who btw, is a back up on his own team and this is his 7th season and first season with any carries and compare him to zeke...

:facepalm::thumbdown:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol, so Zeke had 300 carries to Henry’s 303 but your takeaway is that Zeke is the focal point not Henry.

Henry has had more than one good season, you just haven’t paid attention.

In 2016, Zeke and our run game was the clear focal point of our offense attack, and Dak played off the run game with efficient and opportunistic passes.

That’s not what happened in 2019.

Dak had ~130 more passing attempts this year than 2016. That’s approximately 4 extra games worth of passing attempts.

In fact, the offense has consistently become more of a passing focused offense since 2016:

Passing attempts (Dak):
459 passes (2016)
490 passes (2017)
526 passes (2018)
596 passes (2019)

I have no interest in debating Zeke vs. Henry. But if you’re making claims that Zeke is the focal point, and Henry’s only done for one year, you’re completely off base.
the more we lean on dak the worst it gets.. no not what I said.. I said I respect henry but he was not on the radar his first 3 seasons, not great at all regardless as zekes been here from the first snap in 2016 to now, hes been the focal point the entire time..IDC how many passes Dak gas thrown, hes gotten worse, he still isnt great in big games against better defenses..

not sure what your point is..Henry had a great year, so why that has to belittle zeke,, we see SF one game wonder Back all of sudden has to be a zeke thread started..

its stupid../ zekes still a stud hAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE FROM HS UNTIL NOW.. THE offense may have shifted to more passes of late but that has not led to more success..

the focal POINT OF DEFENSES not our stupid old HC and newb OC, I mean defenses have always set to stop zeke first ,then challenge dak to throw more, it failed this year lots of garbage stats but not wins in the big games and daks numbers are night and day from weak ds to solid ds..zeke has allowed Dak to have more and more one one man coverages and in this big games Dak failed..

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I personally think our blocking/running scheme needs revamping. We have guys reach blocking 1gap over on the run side, can’t be done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We think we have to pay $90 million to have a run game, and SF just showed yet again why it's a poor allocation of resources.
yet they paid JG 28mil to hand the ball off and throw for 77 yards!! smart so smart they are says yoda.. they sucked shanahans first 3 seasons just now figuring it out doesnt make them the new blue print..

they had many 1st round draft picks after bad years to help aid this resurgence, added some FAS like sanders etc they are having a nice run but the BS we here look at them look at them, that doesnt work for all teams.. NE failed miserably with RBBC this season and a non name TE had strong defense, Tom brady, special special teams and still got knocked out of the first round..

I sure bet Zeke would have helped NE a ton.. its not plug any RB in a RBBC but finding the right ones, there are as many cases for having one great back vs RBBC for both sides..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
the more we lean on dak the worst it gets.. no not what I said.. I said I respect henry but he was not on the radar his first 3 seasons, not great at all regardless as zekes been here from the first snap in 2016 to now, hes been the focal point the entire time..IDC how many passes Dak gas thrown, hes gotten worse, he still isnt great in big games against better defenses..

not sure what your point is..Henry had a great year, so why that has to belittle zeke,, we see SF one game wonder Back all of sudden has to be a zeke thread started..

its stupid../ zekes still a stud hAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE FROM HS UNTIL NOW.. THE offense may have shifted to more passes of late but that has not led to more success..

the focal POINT OF DEFENSES not our stupid old HC and newb OC, I mean defenses have always set to stop zeke first ,then challenge dak to throw more, it failed this year lots of garbage stats but not wins in the big games and daks numbers are night and day from weak ds to solid ds..zeke has allowed Dak to have more and more one one man coverages and in this big games Dak failed..

Lol?

I don’t really care what your opinion of Dak is. We can replace his name with Joe Blow.

The point is we have been increasingly more reliant on the passing game more than the run game.

That’s indisputable based on the numbers.

You’re trying to claim Henry just showed up in year 4. Yet he had 1,049 yards, 12 TDs, and 4.9 YPC in just 12 games starting. He had 88 less carries in 2018 than he did in 2019. If you simply project his carries to this year you get EXACTLY THE SAME NUMBERS HE HAD THIS YEAR.

He’s been the same back the past two seasons.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Am I doing it right?

If anyone is watching this championship game it states how important scheme is. The 9ers are well coached.

Think about that when you want to get rid of great players like Elliott or cooper
You cannot judge anyone and talent on this team. Without the proper coaching. We still don’t know what we have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Am I doing it right?

duh!!!!

mostert, pollard, and 15 million 100%