Raise your hand if you were part of the fan base angry that Jerry didn't grab Henry last year

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
…you were part of the fan base pissed that Jerry didn’t grab Henry last year, or even in the offseason when he could do it for no draft picks.

I think we all know now if Henry is washed up. :cool:

Not often that you get a ‘told ya so’ game like this on a free agent or draft pick you pimped hard.

Chasing6

Reaction score
…you were part of the fan base pissed that Jerry didn’t grab Henry last year, or even in the offseason when he could do it for no draft picks.

Not often that you get a ‘told ya so’ game like this on a free agent or draft pick you pimped hard.
The "GM" did not even make a call or an attempt to inquire about Henry.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
No i wasnt pissed. Henry wouldnt have changed anything.

I am pissed because JJ is JJ and SJ is SJ.

This team has much more problems than RB. And it had them for decades now. One or two FAs that we did not sign does not piss me off.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I look at it a little differently. The Cowboys played terribly and only lost by a FG. Henry was the difference in the game but that could have been overcome if Lamb didn't have such a bad game. So I don't see Henry as that big of a deal. Lamb has to play better. Our defense got run on today by Henry and Lamar Jackson. We saw this problem coming and did nothing about it. That's on the defense again. IMHO, Zim is on the hot seat.

Wilson

Reaction score
The Cowboys organization had to know they didn't do enough. We lost players at positions where we were already weak. They don't want to pay for proven talent in free agency because they claim we "overpay". So they slap bandaids on gaping wounds and choose to be mediocre. This time they couldn't even manage mediocre.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It wouldn't matter, he would have looked old and slow behind this OL and Henry should consider himself lucky for dodging that bullet.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Not so much that they didnt sign Henry. It's what they failed to do overall to address the position. They haven't been this bad at RB since the Troy Hambrick led 2003 group.
Year before we drafted Zeke we were this bad. Why we drafted him.

Redline360

Reaction score
It wasn't just about Henry. We could have easily picked up a fairly cheap/serviceable 1-2 punch.

However, I did not expect the OL to struggle this much even with the rookies on the line. Plus the run scheme is atrocious. We may have the worst run scheme of any team.

Henry wouldn't change much from what we've seen through the first 3 games.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have much bigger problems than passing on Henry. Lamar is the best running back in the league and Cowboys had to key on him first. I think Zeke (who am I kidding) :facepalm: :laugh:,maybe Dowdle could have ran for 100 yards on us with Lamar at quarterback.

Flamma

Reaction score

I was mad that they went cheap at RB. But now that I see it, Henry isn't doing anything for us. Deuce can't find a hole through this line, how the hell will Henry? Barkley flashed sometimes with the Giants, but most of his career was wasted there. OL has to do its job.

ICP

Reaction score
I will admit I would have loved to have seen them acquire Henry. It would have shown me that they really were determined to address a need in in a way other than the draft for once. That being said, if they had done that, I'm forced to wonder if Henry would have adopted the nonchalant attitude that most players seem to develope when they come here and not really make much of a difference anyway.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted Henry or Aaron Jones. Henry wanted to come to here. He was miffed he never heard from Jerry and played like it yesterday.

You need balance on offense and this rb room gives the team no opportunity to run the ball effectively. I understand Jerry not being to afford to pay a rb big bucks when the new deals for Dak and CD were on the horizon. But that is no excuse to ignore the position and roll into the season with as little talent as we have there. Been saying this all offseason.