Raise your hand if you were part of the fan base angry that Jerry didn't grab Henry last year

khiladi

Reaction score
What makes people think Henry would be good here? Part of his effectiveness this game was predicated on Lamar’s running ability, particularly on bouncing to the edge.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry lied when he said Dallas couldn't afford him. Had they extended CeeDee back in March, they would have created lots of CAP room to sign Henry.

But I wouldn't have signed him either. Henry's strength is when he breaks into the secondary and outruns or outmuscles defenders. Behind the Cowboys offensive line he would never get into the secondary. He would avg 3 yard per carry just like the rest of the Cowboys RBs.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
…you were part of the fan base pissed that Jerry didn’t grab Henry last year, or even in the offseason when he could do it for no draft picks.

I think we all know now if Henry is washed up. :cool:

Not often that you get a ‘told ya so’ game like this on a free agent or draft pick you pimped hard.
It was a move that just made too much sense. It wasn't a break the bank acquisition either. I'm not sure Henry would be as successful with our current blocking scheme or would have the opportunities playing from a few scores behind.

erod

Reaction score
…you were part of the fan base pissed that Jerry didn’t grab Henry last year, or even in the offseason when he could do it for no draft picks.

Not often that you get a ‘told ya so’ game like this on a free agent or draft pick you pimped hard.
Henry wouldn't have fixed this. At all. If that was the case, teams would have paid him big money, and they didn't.

Running backs aren't the problem here. It's that not a single team fears our QB at all.

vlad

Reaction score
As long as Stephen is running things (Jerry is just a figure head imho) - we will always have these baffling issues.

Stephen is just protecting his inheritance - controversy puts butts in the seats - at this point he's capitalizing more on the other team's hatred of the Cowboys than this fan base's love.

I mean DT and RB were needs a 5 year old could have seen easily.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I raise my hand. we should have signed Henry.

but Jerry had to sign Zeke because he had inventory of Zeke Jersey's he had to get rid of with #21....not even his new number. this is shameless

Zeke Jersey's on sale on dallascowboys.com

DallasInDC

Reaction score
No i wasnt pissed. Henry wouldnt have changed anything.

I am pissed because JJ is JJ and SJ is SJ.

This team has much more problems than RB. And it had them for decades now. One or two FAs that we did not sign does not piss me off.
don't disagree, but if we were going to sign a retread.... Henry was the best bet (esp. compared to Zeke). but as you said, at the end of the day, it probably won't make a difference.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Henry had nothing to do with yesterday, one way or another, and would make no difference on this team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Raise your hand if you were part of the fan base angry that Jerry didn't grab Henry last year​

XRGOUor.gif

Watching Derrick Henry run on Dallas in person is worse than if I had watched him do it on television.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I was, wanted him in the offseason too but nothing I can do about it, I just have to have the serenity to accept that which I cannot change.

Doesn't mean I don't scream at the TV for 3 hours every Sunday and block/mute a lot of crap on X and FB during the week but at the end of the day, nothing I can do about it. I've been a fan since 1977, that isn't changing

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It wasn't just about Henry. We could have easily picked up a fairly cheap/serviceable 1-2 punch.

However, I did not expect the OL to struggle this much even with the rookies on the line. Plus the run scheme is atrocious. We may have the worst run scheme of any team.

Henry wouldn't change much from what we've seen through the first 3 games.
I do agree re the scheme. I was saying to my son yesterday, do we not scheme against other teams' weaknesses? Others come in and run at the edge where we are weak. We do the same game in game out, up the middle regardless of how fat the tackles are, how good the run defence is etc.