Raise your hand if you were part of the fan base angry that Jerry didn't grab Henry last year

Chasing6

Reaction score
No i wasnt pissed. Henry wouldnt have changed anything.

I am pissed because JJ is JJ and SJ is SJ.

This team has much more problems than RB. And it had them for decades now. One or two FAs that we did not sign does not piss me off.
Our team lacks physicality. Henry would definitely had made us a more physically football team.

However, our a "GM" wanted the most expensive emergency QB in NFL history.

Chasing6

Reaction score
XRGOUor.gif

Watching Derrick Henry run on Dallas in person is worse than if I had watched him do it on television.
At this point their should be a list of RB's that we are angry about.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Not so much that they didnt sign Henry. It's what they failed to do overall to address the position. They haven't been this bad at RB since the Troy Hambrick led 2003 group.
His "dookie stick" move was legendary. I hated to see him leave after that but we just couldn't afford him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The thing is this OL and blocking scheme do none of the running backs any favors. This has been an issue for years now. The coaches do nothing to get these guys going at the second level. The way the shanahans turn undrafted free agent running backs into pro bowlers...Dallas has the opposite affect.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I didn’t want Henry, but I DID want a RB in each of the last THREE drafts, but according to them the “draft didn’t fall that way.”

So, if glaring weaknesses are to be addressed, it has to happen in the draft or it goes ignored.

It ridiculous and frustrating.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I didn’t want Henry, but I DID want a RB in each of the last THREE drafts, but according to them the “draft didn’t fall that way.”

So, if glaring weaknesses are to be addressed, it has to happen in the draft or it goes ignored.

It ridiculous and frustrating.
I am curious what did go our way. Did waiting to pay CD and Dak go our way???

Did ignoring our two biggest problem areas from last year go our way?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
what good does it do to get mad about it now? i wanted henry also. he played better late in his career than zeke ever did.

we went with familiarity vs production.

that's what we do. we recycle and bring back those were not good enough last time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I am curious what did go our way. Did waiting to pay CD and Dak go our way???

Did ignoring our two biggest problem areas from last year go our way?
I hear ya and loudly.

All I’m saying is that if an obvious need doesn’t get addressed in the draft, they typically leave it unaddressed, or done with a vet FA in camp, most of whom are cooked.

This past offseasons needs/issues were more than obvious. Either the intent was to punt on the season or they truly have no idea what they are doing.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We always make washed up players look like they are 5 years younger. See Kamara last week and A Jones!

Chasing6

Reaction score
I hear ya and loudly.

All I’m saying is that if an obvious need doesn’t get addressed in the draft, they typically leave it unaddressed, or done with a vet FA in camp, most of whom are cooked.

This past offseasons needs/issues were more than obvious. Either the intent was to punt on the season or they truly have no idea what they are doing.
If we are to believe our "GM" that his plan was to always resign Dak, what was the point of trading for Trance?

Why any 82 year is making any business decisions by themselves is a crime.

They have laws about taking advantage of the elderly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If we are to believe our "GM" that his plan was to always resign Dak, what was the point of trading for Trance?

Why any 82 year is making any business decisions by themselves is a crime.

They have laws about taking advantage of the elderly.
Fully different subject, but my suspicion is it was Jerry playing with his toy.

Possibly some sort of inner disagreement and Jerry went on his own to show everyone who is boss. He couldn’t wait to tell the world how he did that all by himself.

No, that deal made no sense under nearly any circumstance, but honestly….they just aren’t very well run overall. Their plan allows for next to no mistakes and they make plenty.