Rams-49ers Game Thread

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Well, they, at the very least, inserted themselves in a game they had no business being a part of.

Let the teams play. These refs. Holy moly. Attention ******

Ok, I've never understood how refs not calling penalties (on plays that are against the rules) is 'letting them play'.

Don't call holding on the guy garroting that defensive lineman...let them play! A flag for THAT??? All the DB did was grab the receiver by the shoulder pads...let them play! Why are they throwing the flag on the guy who just blasted that QB after he threw the pass? Jesus, let them play!

I dunno. To me, making the play within the rules is playing the game. Breaking the rules and the refs letting you get away with it is bush league and shady.

CWR

Reaction score
Ha ha, the Rams have beaten the Colts and 49ers, lost to the Commanders.

They just gave up 39 points to the Niners.. ha.... hahaha.

That's as close to a gimme that we'll have all season.

Fair enough, but yeah they arent going to roll over for us. They have some offensive fire power for sure. Now can the hang with our stud defense is the question?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Fair enough, but yeah they arent going to roll over for us. They have some offensive fire power for sure. Now can the hang with our stud defense is the question?

Our defense has a bunch of young guys. Scandrick will be back for the Cardinal game. Awuzie, don't know if he is playing, but should be ok for the Rams game. We won't know fully what this defense is until we get everyone back from suspension (DIrving in 2 more games), and we can play a game without losing hafl our cb's (Denver). And Hitchens is running now in practice and should be returning soon.

Reactions: CWR

JDSmith

Reaction score
Ok, I've never understood how refs not calling penalties (on plays that are against the rules) is 'letting them play'.

Don't call holding on the guy garroting that defensive lineman...let them play! A flag for THAT??? All the DB did was grab the receiver by the shoulder pads...let them play! Why are they throwing the flag on the guy who just blasted that QB after he threw the pass? Jesus, let them play!

I dunno. To me, making the play within the rules is playing the game. Breaking the rules and the refs letting you get away with it is bush league and shady.

It is widely believed that there is offensive holding on virtually every play. Likewise there is almost always some sort of illegal contact by a defender on every pass. If the refs made the players operate within the rules of the game there would be a flag (probably multiple flags) following every snap. When people say 'let them play' they generally don't mean to ignore all penalties, but to only call those which are egregious or affect the play. If the refs called every single violation of any rule exactly as it is written the game would be unwatchable.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
It is widely believed that there is offensive holding on virtually every play. Likewise there is almost always some sort of illegal contact by a defender on every pass. If the refs made the players operate within the rules of the game there would be a flag (probably multiple flags) following every snap. When people say 'let them play' they generally don't mean to ignore all penalties, but to only call those which are egregious or affect the play. If the refs called every single violation of any rule exactly as it is written the game would be unwatchable.

OR maybe these jerks would learn to, oh I don't know, STOP BREAKING THE RULES.

CWR

Reaction score
OR maybe these jerks would learn to, oh I don't know, STOP BREAKING THE RULES.

If you dont want them to break the rules then you have to start enforcing the rules consistently.