Rams and Steelers helped us win the NFC east inspite of our GM

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next year Aaron Donald will turn into the beast and much like with JJ Watt it will be lamented that we didn't take him even though we got a great player at a position of dire need.

I think so, too. He's gonna be a heck of a player.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Next year Aaron Donald will turn into the beast and much like with JJ Watt it will be lamented that we didn't take him even though we got a great player at a position of dire need.

Maybe, but Donald was gone when we picked.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Well, if I remember correctly, the Cowboys front office were pretty upset when the NYG took Beckham also. Should we also thank the Giants for taking Beckham? Or would we have been better with Beckham? Or worse?

The Cowboys have some really solid drafts lately. Sometimes, it pays to be lucky. Sometimes the draft just falls to you. Emmitt Smith wasn't the Cowboys first choice on draft day either according to rumor.

The timing of this OP was so wrong in so many ways forgive me until after the playoffs when we can table this again. The accolades being tossed at GM Jerry has had a embarrassing effect on me.
The point was never about Donald/Shazier/Martin or how they fell and when they fell.
I still think most of the zone fails to realize how dominant Martin(yoda) is on this front line.

That won't stop these guys.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Hat is off to you Jason Garrett well done especially with our GM, few could coexist with his ego and you did it with grace and poise.

I want to state my opinion that if Aaron Donald/Ryan Shazier had not been chosen by the Rams and Steelers we would have one of them on our team and we would be praying for some help in this last game against the Skins, or worse already deeply studying the college talent for the draft. I believe Martin is going to be one of the best guards to ever play for the boys and I can almost see the writing on the wall that they will try him at RT(he will probably be just as good). I only wish his being drafted was the plan all along from the front office, as I am sure this narrative is going to get blurred the further we get into the playoffs and no doubt Jerry will fail to correct the notion. I do give credit for DeMarcus Lawrence and Hitchens to the front office, I still have hope for Devin Street and Ben Gardner. If you are like me you probably feel sorry for Sean Lee and Justin Durant as they epitomizes the right kind of guy for the boys and my thoughts are with them to come back next year stronger than ever. Thanks again Rams and Steelers

What has Demarcus Lawrence done? He has not contributed at all.
Maybe in a couple of years he will pan out, but right now he is a question mark, no?

Macnalty

Reaction score
What has Demarcus Lawrence done? He has not contributed at all.
Maybe in a couple of years he will pan out, but right now he is a question mark, no?

Closer to the question mark than contributor is accurate at this point in his rookie year. Close examination leaves few clues as to whether the lightbulb is about to turn on which is good as some first round picks on other teams have already revealed themselves as pretenders of first rd picks.
Marcus Smith of the Eagles, Jake Matthews of the Falcons, and Johnny Manziel of the Browns come to mind as heading down a difficult path as their talent is revealed.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/marcus-smith?id=2543725
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jake-matthews?id=2543758