Rams are giving former Bears’ WR Allen Robinson a three-year, $45 million deal

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Oh no what will the Super Bowl champs do? They are ruined now!

I bet they find a way to fix other problems they have even with their limited cap space.

dckid

Reaction score
Rams have to be desperate every year, and they know it. They have to be all-in to get fans to show up. You've heard what "who's house" sounds like. It sounds like more of an away game for them half of the time, and with that shiny new stadium, they can't afford to fall out of the SB picture, because when they do, it's back to St. Louis.
I liked your post but don't 100% agree. They got their stadium built, they sold the PSA licensing. They are in the money. Of course a city like LA wants the glitz of winning but I think they are smart. They have no draft picks so they realize they have to keep winning with what they have right now. Optimize.
Our FO is a almost 80 year old while smart teams have board rooms full of MIT & Harvard guys running analytics, trying to win.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seems like a lot for 30 something catches and 1 td last year...

Slight upgrade in terms of QB and coaching, going to LA. Just slight.

He caught 200 passes for 2400 yards the prior two years and is only 28 years old.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I don't get this signing....seems like a waste of money.

Why is it a bad idea? Old school football would say it’s a bad idea but if we look at the conference championships alone it was a who’s who of WRs. The formula is simple the team with the best WRs wins.

Ken

Reaction score
Slight upgrade in terms of QB and coaching, going to LA. Just slight.

He caught 200 passes for 2400 yards the prior two years and is only 28 years old.
So paying for past production...gotcha.

I wouldn't but who am I? :)

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
That's a stocked receiver room and not enough balls to go around. If I were them, with my two best OL not coming back, I would have dug deeper in that space.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again every team has a certain amount of money they have to spend. The cap is just something that is a bit fungible. The Saints went 5-7 years on the brink of a cap disaster but they kept trying to win another one with Brees.
The Rams are going all out as a great organization should. Last year they got lucky to have Beckham this year they have injury protection. Win now, win now , win now.
Even if they fail over the next couple of years all they high price guys will be off the books one way or another, the majority of tanks and rebuilds take 3 years.

I just think they can make better use of resources. They lose their best outside pass rusher in Von Millet snd the answer is to add another big money receiver?

Sorry but I disagree with this approach.

Syron

Reaction score
Rams have to be desperate every year, and they know it. They have to be all-in to get fans to show up. You've heard what "who's house" sounds like. It sounds like more of an away game for them half of the time, and with that shiny new stadium, they can't afford to fall out of the SB picture, because when they do, it's back to St. Louis.
Perhaps you didn't watch the playoffs or the Superbowl. They have one of the best stadiums in the world. They are printing money. 75 dollar parking fees for regular games, and still the place is sold out. And just like in Dallas, this is a destination location. Sure there will be tons of visiting fans, but so do the Cowboys.

They aren't going all in because they want fans to show up. They go "all-in" because they have an aggressive front office that values proven talent over draft picks.

RS12

Reaction score
I think the guy they are repacing their LT with is a major down grade. They lost the RG in FA. Last year top draft pick was a gadget WR so small and slight he didnt and last only a couple games before he got hurt and out for season. McVay sure loves his WRs but i cant argue his track record.