Rams Sign Chavous

Silverstar

Reaction score
Good riddance...didn't like him that much anyway.

Plenty of safety talent in the draft.

NEXT....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
This is disappointing but there are several other S's out there yet that I'd be just as happy with. Will Demps is my #1 FS choice now followed by Dexter Jackson and the guy that's probably the inevitable signing...Coleman.
If we only end up signing Coleman back there, I hope we use a draft pick on a FS like Jason Allen also or Ko also.

I could live with a Ko Simpson, Jason Allen ,, either would be like night and day upgrade over the "anti-ballhawk" Davis. The only heads that Davis turned last year was Newmans', on every defensive snap, checking to see how far out of posistion that Davis would be again.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Typhus said:
I could live with a Ko Simpson, Jason Allen ,, either would be like night and day upgrade over the "anti-ballhawk" Davis. The only heads that Davis turned last year was Newmans', on every defensive snap, checking to see how far out of posistion that Davis would be again.

You're probably right. :laugh2:

Oh yeah, I'd take either Allen or Simpson at #49 in a heartbeat.

ghst187

Reaction score
Typhus said:

:laugh2:

true, ya know, Killer Keith Davis should actually be moved to SS, where I think he is best suited, dude CAN HIT. I think Davis would be an excellent starting SS, stinks as FS though and I agree with your assessment of him as well. I actually think we're wasting Davis since we already have Roy. If we really wanted to wheel and deal, trade Roy for a first rounder, move Davis to SS, and sign a vet and draft a FS. Of course, that is a random thought and heretical on this board. BTW, Roy is my favorite player also, just throwing stuff out there.

I like Simpson, Huff, and Allen the most in the draft, but I still think we sign a vet, most likely Coleman back there.

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
If we don't sign a FA FS, all that means is there's a greater chance we'll draft one so no biggie...

mbanx

Reaction score
I did not see this posted, at least it was not on the first page.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms on a five-year contract with S Corey Chavous , the team announced today.

Chavous, 6-1, 205, is an eight-year veteran who played the past four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. Chavous started all 64 games with the Vikings, making 399 tackles, 14 interceptions, 41 pass breakups, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. In 2005, he started all 16 games, finishing fourth on the team 90 tackles (67 solo, four for loss), two interceptions, seven passes defensed, one fumble recovery, and nine quarterback pressures.

Chavous made the Pro Bowl following the 2003 season when he made 108 tackles (86 solo), a career-best eight interceptions, and a career-best 15 passes defensed.

Chavous spent his first four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals (1998-2001). Chavous, originally a second-round pick (33rd overall) in the 1998 NFL Draft out of Vanderbilt, made 220 tackles, five interceptions, 27 pass breakups and one forced fumble. He had his best season with the Cardinals in 2001, his first season as a full-time starter. Chavous made 87 tackles, one interception, 11 pass breakups, one quarterback hit, and eight special teams tackles.

This was a safety I would have really liked to have gotten. So whats next? I hope a kicker is signed asap ( a good kicker) since teams are signing them quick. I cant believe we have missed out on some of these guys so here is to hoping Vinateri can be signed by Dallas. I think I would like to have Hope as a FS because of his age isnt he fairly young? It would be a good day to hear we have signed a good kicker and a above average to good FS.

Rayman

Reaction score
mbanx said:
I did not see this posted, at least it was not on the first page.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Rams have agreed to terms on a five-year contract with S Corey Chavous , the team announced today.

Chavous, 6-1, 205, is an eight-year veteran who played the past four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. Chavous started all 64 games with the Vikings, making 399 tackles, 14 interceptions, 41 pass breakups, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. In 2005, he started all 16 games, finishing fourth on the team 90 tackles (67 solo, four for loss), two interceptions, seven passes defensed, one fumble recovery, and nine quarterback pressures.

Chavous made the Pro Bowl following the 2003 season when he made 108 tackles (86 solo), a career-best eight interceptions, and a career-best 15 passes defensed.

Chavous spent his first four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals (1998-2001). Chavous, originally a second-round pick (33rd overall) in the 1998 NFL Draft out of Vanderbilt, made 220 tackles, five interceptions, 27 pass breakups and one forced fumble. He had his best season with the Cardinals in 2001, his first season as a full-time starter. Chavous made 87 tackles, one interception, 11 pass breakups, one quarterback hit, and eight special teams tackles.

This was a safety I would have really liked to have gotten. So whats next? I hope a kicker is signed asap ( a good kicker) since teams are signing them quick. I cant believe we have missed out on some of these guys so here is to hoping Vinateri can be signed by Dallas. I think I would like to have Hope as a FS because of his age isnt he fairly young? It would be a good day to hear we have signed a good kicker and a above average to good FS.

The Cards haven't been in St. Louis for ages dude.