Rams to release Center Brian Allen

MikeT22

Reaction score
Don't forget about Barton from Duke.

Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia may be a good
Option later in the draft as well.
Yeah, my top 4 are: JPJ, Barton (1st), Frazier (2nd), Van Pran (3rd)

I think JPJ will be gone before our pick. Barton would be solid at 24. Frazier is a high-mid 2nd who I don't think will be available when we pick in the 2nd. If we opt for a center early I'd go Barton or a slight trade down for Frazier. But last year it came down to Mazi and Bergeron and we had an offer from KC to trade down from 26 to 31, but Jerry was afraid both of our guys would be gone at 31 and didn't want to risk it. As it turned out, Bergeron went 38th, about where the consensus had him ranked. So not sure a trade down is in the cards unless we have more than a couple of potential targets.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Unable to stay healthy
Cowboys have done a pretty good job of keeping Tyron available for most of the games. Played in 13 games this year, which he hadn't done since 2019.

Maybe they can so something similar with this guy,

Just a thought...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah, my top 4 are: JPJ, Barton (1st), Frazier (2nd), Van Pran (3rd)

I think JPJ will be gone before our pick. Barton would be solid at 24. Frazier is a high-mid 2nd who I don't think will be available when we pick in the 2nd. If we opt for a center early I'd go Barton or a slight trade down for Frazier. But last year it came down to Mazi and Bergeron and we had an offer from KC to trade down from 26 to 31, but Jerry was afraid both of our guys would be gone at 31 and didn't want to risk it. As it turned out, Bergeron went 38th, about where the consensus had him ranked. So not sure a trade down is in the cards unless we have more than a couple of potential targets.
I think we would prefer to trade back with the shortage of picks we have. Hopefully there is someone at 24 we are happy with.

I could also see us potential treading away a pick from next year to move back up.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Don't forget about Barton from Duke.

Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia may be a good
Option later in the draft as well.

Agree, he is good also, would be a good pick if the 3 name is gone and not looking at reupping for the he current C, which hope not.

Stak78

Reaction score
Would this be a viable option as opposed to drafting a center high in the draft?

ATXSRT

Reaction score
We don't need to draft a C high, maybe 3rd or 4th round.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No issues here with signing him. It'd make the draft easier and no comp picks would be lost.

1942willys

Reaction score
We don't need to draft a C high, maybe 3rd or 4th round.
if you are weak up the gut it drags everyone down
both offense and defense and we are weak in both right now
What we get later in the draft is not going to be much of an upgrade baring a real piece of luck