Ran into Flozell Adams a few minutes ago.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Ran into the big guy at Whole Foods in Dallas while doing some shopping. Dude is huge. I took a picture of him with my Cell Phone Camera.

flo.jpg

I think his knee still bothers him as he walks with kind of a limb, but I dont know if that is normal or not for most who have torn their knee.

- Mike G.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey...pretty cool...

And ya know, I've got a lot of respect for you...telling him he's played inconsistently and lousy against speed rushers.

Now THAT took alot of courage on your part.

:D

burmafrd

Reaction score
This much time after the injury he should be able to walk normally. This is NOT good that he is still limping now. I am really wondering if BP should not give McQ a shot- or maybe Fabini this monday night. If the Hotel is struggling early give them a chance.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58;1103141 said:
Ran into the big guy at Whole Foods in Dallas while doing some shopping. Dude is huge. I took a picture of him with my Cell Phone Camera.

I think his knee still bothers him as he walks with kind of a limb, but I dont know if that is normal or not for most who have torn their knee.

- Mike G.

What did he have? ACL, MCL, or miniscus repair? I don't recall.
I've had 2 ACLs and a minisectomy. It's normal to limp for a period during PT. It's also possible to never regain full extension on the leg but to otherwise have a regular range of movement. At his weight, especially, I wouldn't be surprised that he limps.

burmafrd

Reaction score
he just had the ACL, and it was his first. One year after the injury he should be able to walk without a limp. Its very possible that all the work has prevented full recovery- I have wondered if he has not rushed it.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1103147 said:
This much time after the injury he should be able to walk normally. This is NOT good that he is still limping now. I am really wondering if BP should not give McQ a shot- or maybe Fabini this monday night. If the Hotel is struggling early give them a chance.

i blew my knee out more than ten years ago and have had a limp ever since.

it doesn't effect me at all really

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;1103153 said:
What did he have? ACL, MCL, or miniscus repair? I don't recall.
I've had 2 ACLs and a minisectomy. It's normal to limp for a period during PT. It's also possible to never regain full extension on the leg but to otherwise have a regular range of movement. At his weight, especially, I wouldn't be surprised that he limps.
He tore his ACL. I've read that for running backs it takes about two years to fully recover from such an injury. We know Flo is not a RB, but would it be too much to assume that it might take him as long as to recover? Just asking since you've actually had the injury.

BTW, Mike, that's pretty cool you ran into him. And on a side note, isn't Whole Foods the greatest? :)

burmafrd

Reaction score
The big difference is that you did not have expensive and expert rehab and such. I have seen quite a few ACL- just ACL and nothing else- that have been able to play well first year back. Some take longer then others. BUT I really wonder about the Hotel- maybe his extreme size has been the real problem in his comback- he certainly does not look like a mean lean fighting machine in those pictures.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
stealth;1103160 said:
i blew my knee out more than ten years ago and have had a limp ever since.

it doesn't effect me at all really

You guys still have knees? Man I feel old. :geezer:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
matter of fact my rehab cost a ton, thank god for insurance, and I had a trainer for a year just to get over the injury. I am a bigger dude, not hotel big but bigger than most people I see. I think weight plays a big part in it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;1103163 said:
He tore his ACL. I've read that for running backs it takes about two years to fully recover from such an injury. We know Flo is not a RB, but would it be too much to assume that it might take him as long as to recover? Just asking since you've actually had the injury.

BTW, Mike, that's pretty cool you ran into him. And on a side note, isn't Whole Foods the greatest? :)

Each knee is different. It's unusual, for example, to do an ACL without having at leas some meniscus clean up. My first ACL was a bad example, since it was repaired with an old procedure. My second one I had scar tissue lesions that built up under the patellar tendon that made rehab more difficult and kept me from getting full extension back. I was in good shape at the time, but was in by no means a professional athelete. Still, I'd have been aware of the recent surgery a year after going through it, and it probably would have been into my second year before I felt completely natural. I had a lot of cartilage damage, too, though.

As far as the muscles around the leg are concerned, they definitely should be in decent shape by now. It's more an issue of flexibility and trust than strength.

By the way, it's pronounced Whole Paycheck. That place is great, but it's very much overpriced.

burmafrd

Reaction score
My worry is that if he is still LIMPING one year afte surgery, then he cannot be anywhere near to where he was physically before the surgery. I have to question if BP has not been wearing rose colored glasses as regards the Hotel= due to his UNDERSTANDABLE unwillingness to start a rookie at LT with a fairly immobile QB. I am guessing that Fabini must not have looked any better then the hotel.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit;1103179 said:
Each knee is different. It's unusual, for example, to do an ACL without having at leas some meniscus clean up. My first ACL was a bad example, since it was repaired with an old procedure. My second one I had scar tissue lesions that built up under the patellar tendon that made rehab more difficult and kept me from getting full extension back. I was in good shape at the time, but was in by no means a professional athelete. Still, I'd have been aware of the recent surgery a year after going through it, and it probably would have been into my second year before I felt completely natural. I had a lot of cartilage damage, too, though.

As far as the muscles around the leg are concerned, they definitely should be in decent shape by now. It's more an issue of flexibility and trust than strength.

By the way, it's pronounced Whole Paycheck. That place is great, but it's very much overpriced.
Thanks for the info Idgit. Interesting to know.

I don't want to make any assumptions, but it just seems it'll be awhile before Flo will begin to play well consistently because of the injury.

And yes Whole Foods can be Whole Paycheck if you do your primary grocery shopping there. I don't. Just purchase some basic things there and anything more than that, I go to one of the regular grocery stores.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;1103179 said:

out of curiousity does your knee ever feel loose? like as though your lower leg just kinda hangs there. once in a while my lower leg just kinda falls into place almost like I have a fake leg or something...

and whole food store brands are pretty competively priced.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am wondering if we might have been better off with Fabini starting untill the Hotel was farther along on his rehab. OR maybe even with McQ.