Twitter: Randall Cobb Comments On Rodgers, Prescott & Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well it wasn’t clear to me. After a second look I see the tiny jk way down at the bottom.

I think he probably added that because someone may not catch on initially that he was joking. I thought what he said was funny. Knowing the poster's style, I really didn't think he was being serious. Jokes on this forum are always good. Especially when some topics get rather intense. This forum is supposed to be fun, not serious.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wonder why Cobb feels the need to mention Dak. I'm guessing he has heard more and more people realize Dak is trash so he feels the need to come in and say something. Thier probably friends and that's what friends do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wonder why Cobb feels the need to mention Dak. I'm guessing he has heard more and more people realize Dak is trash so he feels the need to come in and say something. Thier probably friends and that's what friends do.

From what I saw, he was asked about QBs he played with, and he did play with Dak.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
They’re just opinions. Good grief. Not everyone takes offense to criticism of a player on their fave team but clearly you do. That’s cool too but while I understand the passion, I don’t understand the offense.
Hey man I'm just explaining MY reasoning. I never said or pretended that MY view point has any more weight than any other point of view. I don't take offense to anything said or posted, but at the same time I don't like it and quite frankly, it's a cornball move. I just took the time to say so. I never said nor do I believe everyone should like players I like, but when I come on a DALLAS COWBOYS Site and see the vitriol spewed at CERTAIN players on my team, That's a cornball move and I said so. No worries though

Peace to you

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Players don't like to burn bridges, kind of like players not speaking about another player's contract or money.
On the other hand, Cobb didn't have to call Dak elite. He could have chosen other words.
While I have my own opinions, I'm not going to argue with someone who ACTUALLY played with Dak.
I teach my sports journalism students, STAY IN YOUR LANE! You're the writer not the athlete. Your job is to write with prolific prose, accuracy and clarity. Your job is NOT to get in an argument with a player over matters he CLEARLY knows more about than you do.
You don't want to be in a situation where an athlete says, "I PLAYED with him. Did you play with him? I thought not. Next question."
:thumbup:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
People said Flacco was elite too never forget
Careful there, good lad. Flacco, for all of the misgivings, has led his teams to 10 playoff wins and one Super Bowl win.
Our beloved Deek, on the other hand, has 2 career playoff wins and O Super Bowl appearances.
If we deride Flacco what does it say about our mouth breather Deek?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's funny that so many people struggle to accept the fact that Dak is a franchise quarterback. No he is not Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burow, or prime Aaron Rodgers.

But is he good enough to get the Cowboys to the top? Yes. Lesser QB's in this league have gotten rings. That should be the end of the discussion unless Dak's career simply implodes. Even last year, despite the interception issues, Dallas led the league in total offense in the games he started.

That doesn't happen with a scrub QB, no matter what is around him. Unfortunately there is a real agenda here. For several years I defended Tony Romo against Cowboys haters. Now I find myself defending Dak against Cowboys fans. Kind of funny actually.
I did the exact same thing defending Romo. Neither Dak or Romo were elite, but they were the next tier. Top 10. Which we are very lucky to have. After the post Aikman era, that should have been a lesson learned to even the dumbest fan. Apparently the lesson was missed for most.

Both Romo and Dak are plenty good enough to get it done. Neither Dak or Romo were the problem in Dallas. Jerry being the consistent issue and the players around each QB.

Problem with most fans is they dont understand the game. Most blame the QB or give credit to the QB for everything. They understand about 30% of what football is really about.

They all want Mahomes and cry that our QB isnt Mahomes. The prior 20 years it was Brady. And they all think we can go draft the next Mahomes in the first round whenever we want.

Then you have the blind homer base that falls on the other side of the fence. There's about 20% of fans that truly understand football or are worth having a conversation with.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's funny that so many people struggle to accept the fact that Dak is a franchise quarterback. No he is not Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burow, or prime Aaron Rodgers.

But is he good enough to get the Cowboys to the top? Yes. Lesser QB's in this league have gotten rings. That should be the end of the discussion unless Dak's career simply implodes. Even last year, despite the interception issues, Dallas led the league in total offense in the games he started.

That doesn't happen with a scrub QB, no matter what is around him. Unfortunately there is a real agenda here. For several years I defended Tony Romo against Cowboys haters. Now I find myself defending Dak against Cowboys fans. Kind of funny actually.
The use of "Cowboys Fans" in this statement is the only thing I would object too..lol

GMO415

Reaction score
Not questioning his observations, but perhaps Dak was peaking at the time. Hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.