Random Images Thread

Them

Reaction score
HXaREZj.jpg

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The highest resolution images ever taken of the Sun. It's possible to detect details down to 18.5 miles across.

Note that the Sun is 93 million miles away. There is a video of it too that shows it changing, but I don't know how to post (or even if possible to) that type of video.

LINK to Article

cropoftheimagewithscalebartexashighres.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The highest resolution images ever taken of the Sun. It's possible to detect details down to 18.5 miles across.

Note that the Sun is 93 million miles away. There is a video of it too that shows it changing, but I don't know how to post (or even if possible to) that type of video.

LINK to Article

cropoftheimagewithscalebartexashighres.jpg
I got this message in my Yahoo account. It actually looks less real when in motion. Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I got this message in my Yahoo account. It actually looks less real when in motion. Lol
Probably due to two things happening in the video.
  1. The surface of the Sun is always in perpetual motion. (it is a super heated gassy / plasma ocean)
  2. The extremely heated solar winds coming off the Sun creates visual distortions (of the already surface in motion) the way rising heat can distort what we see on Earth in desert like conditions.
Here is the video from your link for everyone else.