Random list of prospects going under the radar

tm1119

Reaction score
Jordan Smith, DE UAB- Comes with baggage as he was suspended by Florida and eventually transferred to a Juco...and then transferred to UAB. The suspension was for paying his rent with someone else's credit card...incredibly stupid, but I don't think it's something you look over a football player for. With all that said, Smith was once indeed a highly sought after 4 star recruit that tallied up 23.5 TFL and 12.5 sacks in 21 games at UAB. 6'6 255 with 33+" arm length with a quick burst and power to his game. No doubt needs to be coached up as he often relies on overwhelming OT's and doesn't have a plan when attacking, but did have a solid Sr bowl week and showed coachability.
Jordan Smith || UAB Blazers Defensive End || 2019 Highlights - YouTube
Jordan Smith vs Miami (2020) - YouTube (impressive ability to get in the backfield here but struggled with the read option)

James Wiggins, S Cincinnati- 6' 205 with 4.45 speed and listed on the "all freak athlete" team multiple times. Was trending towards stardom after a really good sophomore season with 4 picks but suffered an acl injury and had to sit out all of 2019. Came back healthy and looked good for 2020, even if he didn't have the same gaudy #'s. Versatile S that can fly all over the field, tack well, and very solid in zone. Not the type of S you want leave 1 on 1 with a S routinely, but not a lot of faults in his game as long as the knee checks out medically.
James Wiggins Putting Himself In Position To Rise Up NFL Draft Boards | The Draft Network
James Wiggins || UC Bearcats Defensive Back || Career Highlights - YouTube
James Wiggins Cincinnati Bearcats “The Freak” 455lb for 13 - YouTube (just for fun but this is also post acl)

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jamar Johnson, S Indiana- Hard to even find a website with a writeup on this 1, but following Dane Brugler's twitter turned me onto Johnson. And so far what I've been able to watch I see a big time playmaker. Last 20 games at Indiana- 50 solo tackles, 8 TFL, 7 INT, 2 FF, 5 PD's, 1 TD. Appears to have necessary athleticism of the ball hawk safety that can handle 1 on 1 coverage when need be. Not going to be a big hitter but doesn't shy away from contact either, will need to add some NFL muscle though.
Elite Indiana Safety Jamar Johnson ᴴᴰ - YouTube
Ohio State Offense vs Indiana Defense (2020) - YouTube (at least watch at 50 secs and see him react on an INT playing single high)
I like.

timb2

Reaction score
Amari Gainer LB Florida State

KJ Sails CB South Florida

Tay Gowan CB Central Florida

Dan Archibong DT Temple

Rion Smith OT Fayetteville State

Liam Dobson OG Maine

Samuel Cooper OG Merrimack College

Issiah Chambers DE McNeese State

Wesley Kennedy RB Georgia Southern

Zaire Mitchell TE Notre Dame College( not Notre Dame)

Carson Taylor OLB Northern Arizona

Christian Albright OLB Ball State

Chris Garrett DE Concordia St. Paul

Calvin Ashley OT Florida A& M

JVon Brown OG Central Connecticuit State

Troy Anderson OLB Montana State

Drew Seers MLB Lindenwood

Ky'el Hemby S Southern Mississippi

Damarion William's CB Houston

Nate Hobbs CB Illinois

Milo Eifler OLB Illinois

Arjay Shelley S Manitoba

Last edited:

J-man

Reaction score
Great list, I've been watching them and don't them getting mocked by many, which is fine by me. We will pick them late as sleepers!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylen Twyman #97 IDL Pitt looks real good.
Twyman is one of my Pet cats along with Tedarious Slaton. Twyman reminds me of Jerome Brown from the Eagles back in the Day. Same body type and ability. Slaton is a much better run stuffer at the point and can be had late. Twyman is a guy that if we want him, we better start looking at him in round 2 or 3. SOMEONE will fall in love with him and jump over us to get him. SO he will get overdrafted I think because he can be very good.

tm1119

Reaction score
Reed Blankenship, S Middle Tenn St- Small school prospect that is 6'1 195 with sufficient, but not great, athleticism. Instinctive player that flies all over the field and has a nose for the ball. Started as a true freshman and his stock was pointing up after his soph season because he tallied 175 tackles, 15 TFL, 2 sacks, and 6 picks, 7 PD, and 1 TD through his 1st 24 games in college. Broke his leg his JR season and missed the 2nd 1/2 of the season (2 picks in 7 games played). Looked healthy back in 2020, but didn't continue to put up the big #'s he did earlier. Very solid overall prospect that excels in zone while being a good enough tackler. Has the floor of a good backup and ST's contributor, but could be a sneaky starter down the line.

Reed Blankenship is an intriguing small school sleeper for the NFL | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)
Reed Blankenship || Middle Tennessee State Defensive Back || 2017-19 Highlights - YouTube

Mustafa Johnson, DT Colorado- 26 career games at Colorado and finished with 26 TFL and 15 sacks after dominating his 1 year at JuCo. Fun player to watch as he often looks like a disruptive bowling ball. Quick DT with surprising lateral agility and overall functional athleticism...almost looks like a big FB, doesn't carry much sloppy weight. Appears to be plenty strong with heavy hands. The big negative on Johnson though is that he's only 6' 290 with 32" arms and can get overwhelmed by bigger OL. He also played mostly 3-4 5 tech at Colorado going against OT's which doesn't help his evaluation process. May never be a guy that can play full time, but has potential as a rotational inside pass rusher.

Mustafa Johnson NFL Draft Profile, Highlights and NFL Comparison | The Brawl NetworkThe Brawl Network
Mustafa Johnson (Colorado DL) vs. Nebraska 2018 - YouTube
''Lion in the trenches"Mustafa Johnson Colardo Highlights - YouTube

Bigdog

Reaction score
I like Molden. He might not be big enough but he can play. I like players who can play despite their limitations in size.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a few guys I haven't seen talked about a whole lot...feel free to add your own.

Tommy Togiai, DT Ohio St- Doesn't have ideal height or length put he's a stout powerful guy that can get out of his stance with burst. Strong run stuffer with above average pass rushing traits, exactly what we need.
Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State - NFL Draft Player Profile | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)
Tommy Togiai | 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Payton Turner, DE Houston- 6'6 270 with a gigantic 84" wingspan. Strong side edge defender that is stout against the run but also adds surprising athleticism and pass rush traits. Played at 290 as a DT early in college career so the ability to kick inside is there, plus the fact that he still has room to develop as an edge rusher with experience.
Payton Turner, EDGE, Houston - NFL Draft Player Profile | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)
Payton Turner || Houston Cougars Defensive Line || 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Jamin Davis ILB Kentucky- 6'4 235 LB with impressive athletic ability. Only 11 career starts so there is for sure risk here, but the upside is huge. He plays like a big safety that likes physicality and tackles well.
Jamin Davis Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Jamin Davis 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Elijah Molden S/CB Washington- This might be my favorite DB in the entire class. This kid is just a baller. I think his best position will be FS, but wouldn't shock me if he ends up being a pro bowl CB either. Instinctive, tough, athletic, and has a nose for the ball...his tape shows a 1st round pick, but at 5'10 190 and 4.5 speed he'll end up falling and I'd be happy with him in the 2nd.
Elijah Molden Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Elijah Molden 2018 & 2019 Highlights | Washington CB - YouTube
Turner is a guy I have had my eye in. Mocked him with our comp 3rd

He is a guy you can move around the line a bit on passing downs. Long term he could be a replacement for Lawrence at LDE

tm1119

Reaction score
Milton Williams, DT/DE La Tech- 6'3 284 and played DT for La Tech.
Pro Day Results- 4.65 40, 6.9 3 Cone, 38.5" Vert, 10'1 broad
104 Total Tackles, 19 TFL, 10 sacks in 22 games played at La Tech in '19 and '20
Not going to pretend to have watched this 1 as tape is non-existent as far as I can find, but its hard to ignore Lance Zierlein saying definitively that a prospect I've never heard of is going in the 2nd round. Will definitely have
Dawg at defensive line” Milton Williams Louisiana Tech highlights - YouTube

Malhavoc

Reaction score
That’s insane for a 285 lb man. Apparently we had personnel there to watch it.

RS12

Reaction score
Milton Williams, DT/DE La Tech- 6'3 284 and played DT for La Tech.
Pro Day Results- 4.65 40, 6.9 3 Cone, 38.5" Vert, 10'1 broad
104 Total Tackles, 19 TFL, 10 sacks in 22 games played at La Tech in '19 and '20
Not going to pretend to have watched this 1 as tape is non-existent as far as I can find, but its hard to ignore Lance Zierlein saying definitively that a prospect I've never heard of is going in the 2nd round. Will definitely have
Dawg at defensive line” Milton Williams Louisiana Tech highlights - YouTube

Cowboys were supposed to be all over this guy.

Gaede

Reaction score
I expected this to be a Trysten Hill type player, but this Milton dude is impressive

morasp

Reaction score
Just a few guys I haven't seen talked about a whole lot...feel free to add your own.

Tommy Togiai, DT Ohio St- Doesn't have ideal height or length put he's a stout powerful guy that can get out of his stance with burst. Strong run stuffer with above average pass rushing traits, exactly what we need.
Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State - NFL Draft Player Profile | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)
Tommy Togiai | 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Payton Turner, DE Houston- 6'6 270 with a gigantic 84" wingspan. Strong side edge defender that is stout against the run but also adds surprising athleticism and pass rush traits. Played at 290 as a DT early in college career so the ability to kick inside is there, plus the fact that he still has room to develop as an edge rusher with experience.
Payton Turner, EDGE, Houston - NFL Draft Player Profile | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)
Payton Turner || Houston Cougars Defensive Line || 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Jamin Davis ILB Kentucky- 6'4 235 LB with impressive athletic ability. Only 11 career starts so there is for sure risk here, but the upside is huge. He plays like a big safety that likes physicality and tackles well.
Jamin Davis Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Jamin Davis 2020 Highlights - YouTube

Elijah Molden S/CB Washington- This might be my favorite DB in the entire class. This kid is just a baller. I think his best position will be FS, but wouldn't shock me if he ends up being a pro bowl CB either. Instinctive, tough, athletic, and has a nose for the ball...his tape shows a 1st round pick, but at 5'10 190 and 4.5 speed he'll end up falling and I'd be happy with him in the 2nd.
Elijah Molden Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Elijah Molden 2018 & 2019 Highlights | Washington CB - YouTube

Molden 6.33 Starter within two years 36th overall
Turner 6.27 57th overall Quality backup that could become a starter
Davis 6.26 59th overall Quality backup that could become a starter
Togai 5.94 Day three pick Could make a team 53 man roster