Random Speculation: Chargers to sign Prescott?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Although I don't necessarily agree, consider that non-quarterbacks such as LT Laremy Tunsil and CB Jalen Ramsey were dealt last year in packages that included two first-rounders as the article points out.......

"Sign Dak Prescott:
Crazy, right? Let's play it out. If the Dallas Cowboys continue to drag their feet on a long-term extension for their two-time Pro Bowler, they'll certainly place the franchise tag on him in the coming weeks. And if they put the non-exclusive tag on Prescott — unlikely, yes, if they go to the trouble of franchising him — the Chargers would be wise to start scheming. Prescott, 26, has further upside despite throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs in 2019. There are a ton of Cowboys fans in Southern California (and everywhere), which is why Dallas holds training camp there annually — keeping Chargers Prescott jerseys in inventory might be tough."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...m-brady-or-dak-prescott-head-to-la/ar-BBZZYdq

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And honestly....that would be such a Chargers move to sell tickets now....I got no problem taking the 1/6 pick this year....and whatever their pick is next year for a shot @ Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson. ;)

Heck that might even put us in business to get Burrows in a trade up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And honestly....that would be such a Chargers move to sell tickets now....I got no problem taking the 1/6 pick this year....and whatever their pick is next year for a shot @ Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson. ;)

Oh imagine if the Chargers were stupid enough to give us their pick for Dak lol.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

6 & 17 this year trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd.
Trade back with the 6th pick to get an extra 2nd pick or heck maybe even a 1st next year go get Okudah, Lamb, or Juedy in the low teens. Draft another stud at 17 and have 2 2nd rounder or possibly 3 1st rounders next year to get our QB wouldn't be a bad start plus around 55-60 million to spend in FA.

Mini Herschel Walker trade by trading both those players to rebuild this team.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Oh imagine if the Chargers were stupid enough to give us their pick for Dak lol.

I did say it wasn't my thinking and with the options they have I'd almost bet Dak would be the last one they'd consider. Right now there's a lot of 'what ifs' flying and generally there is some truth behind those. Or maybe Nate Davis has a crush on Dak?