Random Thoughts

Bluestang

Reaction score
I'm not one for conspiracy theories. The simplest explanation is usually best. That said, the behavior in question is the same, regardless, so I'm not sure how much the question of fandom matters.

It was an odd thought from the beginning, but as others have pointed out in this thread - the comment itself - was another passive aggressive one that has crept up more than a few times in his OPs. The "snark patrol", and even the term "trolls" have been posted recently by the OP.

These type of comments, ironically, are no different than the "Jerry sucks" or perceived negative posts by the "snark patrol". Not everything is positive with the Cowboys - that's a reality whether you want to accept it or turn a blind eye to it.

His reports that he does are a good thing for this site, but at the same time they should not be above a second opinion or not challenged when someone feels they see inconsistencies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was an odd thought from the beginning, but as others have pointed out in this thread - the comment itself - was another passive aggressive one that has crept up more than a few times in his OPs. The "snark patrol", and even the term "trolls" have been posted recently by the OP.

These type of comments, ironically, are no different than the "Jerry sucks" or perceived negative posts by the "snark patrol". Not everything is positive with the Cowboys - that's a reality whether you want to accept it or turn a blind eye to it.

His reports that he does are a good thing for this site, but at the same time they should not be above a second opinion or not challenged when someone feels they see inconsistencies.

The comment was definitely a passive dig. I'd argue strongly that that sort of comment is not ironically similar to the negative-for-attention posts, though. Most obviously, he's not doing it just for attention. He's commenting on it because he doesn't like the negativity.

And that's not a commentary on negative posting in general, because there's a lot to be critical of in Dallas and we have a ton of posters able to have those negative discussions that they support eloquently and with content. As opposed to drive-by quips or single-line unsupported criticisms begging others to take the time to demonstrate weren't serious or accurate in the first place. Most ( not all, but most) of these drive-bys are distractions from real topics, and I completely agree with him that they ought to be discouraged. At the same time, the posters are free to thread-poop as long as they stay inside the guidelines. That's pretty much good forum practice everywhere.

As for disagreeing with his football takes, I'd really hope some people do. That's the fun of the football forum.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Break out the tin foil hats guys, the Skins are trying to invade us.
xwalker should not have limited his identifer simply to Commanders fans alone. It could be any fan or individuals who are not NFL or sports fans at all.

While most people follow social norms, some do not. That is an every day sociological fact. Another fact is some people masquerade on the internet every day in imagined and unimagined ways. Heck, Chris Hansen proved that on Dateline countless times, lol.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Leary got beat on one play against the Dolphins. Bern got called for holding. There not a huge difference between the 2 player, I just think Leary is a little better and having played only 1 year, he has more upside. Broaddus reported that Leary has lost a little weight and he is noticeably faster in the open field than I remember from last season.

I'm just curious on the Commanders fan issue. I've wondered for awhile why a couple of posters have Zero positive things to say about anything related to the Cowboys. I realize there are a lot of negative posters, but most of them say something positive on occasion. When there are 2 posters who show up in almost all threads with a max effort to bash all things Cowboys, it would make sense that they might really not be Cowboys fans at all. There was someone here a few years ago that would go to extremeskins and pretend to be a realist fan into order to irritate them.

I like to analyze things so now I'm analyzing message board posting behavior.

Yes, after my wife ungrounded me, I rewatched Berny and he was pretty bad...Leary wasnt great though either.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I see this "two poster" issue continually come into your threads. I know to whom you are referring. I have seen positive posts regarding some players, so I dont think its absolute.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, after my wife ungrounded me, I rewatched Berny and he was pretty bad...Leary wasnt great though either.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I see this "two poster" issue continually come into your threads. I know to whom you are referring. I have seen positive posts regarding some players, so I dont think its absolute.

I was watching again and noticed that Leary whiffed, but Romo evaded Leary's guy and it was Tyron's guy that looped around and got the sack. I'm sure they are all tired from training camp, but Tyron has to stay with the block longer. He just got a little lazy.

There are a lot of posters that have negative tendencies, but only 2 in my mind that systematically troll through threads with an agenda to bash the Cowboys and other posters.