News: Randy Gregory, David Irving could return to the Dallas Cowboys in 2019

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Seriously, why bother with either one of these hacks any longer? Get some players that actually "WANT" to play football and will want to excel. Geeze, so ridiculous wasting time on these two.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Did you try listening to the video just submitted for us to use? If not, it might help if you did.

Maybe you should simply back up your claim with some actual evidence, instead of trying to deflect the question! Unless you are just making this up?

You made the statement that psychiatrists had found Irving to be "mentally challenged". I find this hard to believe. Please substantiate if this is actually true. How about a link?

plymkr

Reaction score
I never want to here or read about Irving. It's like a curse that doesn't end.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe you should simply back up your claim with some actual evidence, instead of trying to deflect the question! Unless you are just making this up?

You made the statement that psychiatrists had found Irving to be "mentally challenged". I find this hard to believe. Please substantiate if this is actually true. How about a link?

Look at the video provided in this threat on page 3 that KJJ submitted. It should tell you all you need to know. Irving has been to several treatment facilities during his time with the Cowboys. Check it out. As I recall, they've found about four serious mental issues that were mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

408Cowboy

Reaction score
He's been examined by psychiatrists who have concluded that he's mentally challenged but yet, you know better because you like the way he talks. If you can't see how he expects the NFL to change to cater to his wishes, you're simply not listening. You pose questions that loudly say that you just don't understand his actions, yet he is somehow smarter than those who are trying to help him. Perhaps you're "misunderstood" yourself? Good luck trying to live in Irving's shoes -- it's likely to be an extremely unpleasant experience if that's your goal.
Psychiatrists determined I was crazy 4 times. The 5th time I quit screwing with them and passed with flying colors. Those tests are way too easy to manipulate. So much so that I put barely any stock in them.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Don't they have to wait until the next CBA to fix any weed regulations?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Honestly. He had started coming after rogers in the second half and it was working. Why with 12 seconds left would you pick then to give him time to throw. Force him to throw short.

They'd never expect you to stop what's working! That'll fool 'em!

87 dimensional chess!

Genius, baby!

We were desperately trying to keep Aaron Rogers from *running* on a 3rd and 20. Sometimes, it just looks like sabotage.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
They'd never expect you to stop what's working! That'll fool 'em!

87 dimensional chess!

Genius, baby!

We were desperately trying to keep Aaron Rogers from *running* on a 3rd and 20. Sometimes, it just looks like sabotage.

True.

Then again David Irving still has PTSD from how badly he was mugged on that last play by the packers o line.

Scotman

Reaction score
Lol, what? You do realize pot is illegal at a federal level, no? Even in states where it's legal, it still isn't recognized as such at a federal level; they just don't interfere with state's rights. That's why pot shops were so nervous in the beginning; they could have been raided by the feds at any given time.
But the feds have absolutely no authority to require the NFL to test it's players for pot. I think that's what he was referring to.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Seriously, why bother with either one of these hacks any longer? Get some players that actually "WANT" to play football and will want to excel. Geeze, so ridiculous wasting time on these two.
I want to play..... really badly. I’m 49 , 5 ft 10 inches tall, and weigh 180. You think I could get 10 sacks? Sign me up baby....... put me in coach, I ready to play.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Randy Gregory, David Irving could return to the Dallas Cowboys in 2019
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/07/11/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-david-irving-return/2/

*(Folks, read all of this one...)

The Dallas Cowboys defense could have the services of both Randy Gregory and David Irving this upcoming season. Here’s how …

In late February, news broke that Dallas Cowboys‘ defensive end Randy Gregory had been suspended again for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Before the Cowboys’ fanbase could get over the shock of Gregory, it was announced that defensive tackle David Irving was also suspended for violating the league’s substance abuse program just two days later...

In an interview that appeared on the Dallas Cowboys Official YouTube Page, Jones was asked about Robert Quinn and what the veteran defensive end brings to the field following the offseason trade that brought him to Dallas. The Cowboys executive went on to talk about the status of both Gregory and Irving...

“Well, I think obviously defensive line with our challenges we’ve had with Randy. Certainly, I think Randy’s done, you know is back on it and really doing a great job of getting himself in a position where hopefully he can get back at some point and help us out. But with that unknown being there, and of course having the same situation with David Irving … we really felt like we needed to shore that up.”...

For the rest of the puzzle, I will lean on Dan Graziano, an ESPN Staff Writer. In May, Graziano wrote an article titled NFL, NFLPA announcement to mental health initiative. Slater’s reports from her internal interviews with Jason Garrett and Stephen Jones are more evidence. I believe both are laying the groundwork for a potential new marijuana policy.

The Cowboys front office has a long history of looking at all factors carefully before parting ways with player assets. One of the critical problems that fans don’t consider enough is mental health in players.

For example, during the early nineties when Cowboy fans where celebrating defensive end Charles Haley‘s success on the field, owner and general manager Jerry Jones was dealing with a bi-polar player off-the-field. In my belief, unless people experience mental issues themselves or are close to someone who does, it is almost impossible to understand...

Could , but I seriously doubt it !

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Psychiatrists determined I was crazy 4 times. The 5th time I quit screwing with them and passed with flying colors. Those tests are way too easy to manipulate. So much so that I put barely any stock in them.

We're all entitled to an opinion, it's a given. in any case, I'll respect yours. We all bear a degree of craziness; some more than others.

Last edited:

Johnny23

Reaction score
No to both coming back. I am not as enamored with Gregory or Irving as some are. Especially with their hangups and the fact their play as a whole doesn't justify the hoops this organization jumps through for them. I want them both gone yesterday and for us to cut bait. I am just over it. And yes CC Boy I read the article and it doesn't change my stance on yhe issue.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I want to play..... really badly. I’m 49 , 5 ft 10 inches tall, and weigh 180. You think I could get 10 sacks? Sign me up baby....... put me in coach, I ready to play.

If you were 48? Maybe, but, you're not. Sorry son.