News: Randy Gregory, David Irving could return to the Dallas Cowboys in 2019

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Does this sound like someone who’s going to be playing for the Cowboys or any NFL team this season? Irving is the spokesperson for the US weed channel. :laugh:

after watching that video, Irving just changed my impression of him... which was really neither positive nor negative as far as him off the field. But after hearing him speak for 20 minutes... he is a very well spoken, thoughful individual, far more than many of the guys in the NFL that could not have spoken nearly as concise as he did. The guy is committed to what he belives and he is willing to stand for it. Call him a jacck arse if you want, but he is not stupid.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Problem is that if they let him in without changing the weed rules then he will be right back out again. But I would still take him on game day. He is a game wrecker.
no he isnt... he is just another guy. Read the post above yours....hahahahh

glimmerman

Reaction score
no he isnt... he is just another guy. Read the post above yours....hahahahh
When he gets really high apparently he can really play. Lol. The last loss to the packers in the playoff game. He had rogers. 3 man rush and because Marinelli decided to go prevent. He beat his man right in front of rogers and the ref. The lineman had to circle around him and put him in a choke hold and rode him down. I was screaming at the TV because I just knew it was a flag and we were going into OT. Of course we know what happened next. Thanks Byron Jones.

Reactions: BAT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
after watching that video, Irving just changed my impression of him... which was really neither positive nor negative as far as him off the field. But after hearing him speak for 20 minutes... he is a very well spoken, thoughful individual, far more than many of the guys in the NFL that could not have spoken nearly as concise as he did. The guy is committed to what he belives and he is willing to stand for it. Call him a jacck arse if you want, but he is not stupid.

There are a lot of well spoken people who are stupid. You have to be stupid to throw away the enormous talent he has and the opportunity to earn mega millions playing a sport. He’ll regret this someday especially if he ends up broke.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If I was him I would have been the spokesperson for weed right after I played for another 4 years. He was right on the cusp of getting paid some big money. Lol

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Irving will want back in after he smokes whatever money he has left.

I believe Irving will want to play football again at some point too. He will realize the enormous amount of money he is leaving on the table.

Whether or not it happens is another story. Will he still be young enough to play? Will he have the proper conditioning? Will he clean up his act, or live to see a change in the NFL's weed policy? Time will tell....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There are a lot of well spoken people who are stupid. You have to be stupid to throw away the enormous talent he has and the opportunity to earn mega millions playing a sport. He’ll regret this someday especially if he ends up broke.
While I agree that the vast majority of people would sell their momma to the devil for a big contract like he could have had... money isnt everyting to every person. Doesnt make him stupid. Just means he doesnt subscribe to yuor style of thinking.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
While I agree that the vast majority of money would sell their momma to the devil for a big contract like he could have had... money isnt everyting to every person. Doesnt make him stupid. Just means he doesnt subscribe to yuor style of thinking.
1 year. If he stayed out of trouble for the 1 year. We would have given him a contract offer. Or another team would have. Not D-Law money but a good chunk of guaranteed money. Retire and smoke that weed and eat Cheetos wherever in the world you want. Lol. Seriously, he has a child to think about also. He could have provided for that child for life. But I also don’t know what he is doing for money now. Maybe he is making good money and happy. He should have opened a dispensary or something.

Reactions: BAT

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Lets hope as both of these players are worthy talent wise.
This pot thing is totally outdated and should be legal for NFL players to use it for the pain of the game!!!
Haven't poked you in a couple days.
How you been buddy?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Call me when they repeal the 10th amendment or add any enumerated powers that actually grant the federal government any authority in this regard.
Okay. What's your number?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
While I agree that the vast majority of people would sell their momma to the devil for a big contract like he could have had... money isnt everyting to every person. Doesnt make him stupid. Just means he doesnt subscribe to yuor style of thinking.

He knew the rules coming into the league and if he didn’t subscribe to them he should have chose another path then. It’s not what someone says that determines their intelligence it’s their actions and the decisions they make. He made a poor decision that’s going to impact him and his family. There isn’t anything smart about throwing away a God given talent that can earn you millions of dollars on a football field to become a spokesman for a weed channel.

quickccc

Reaction score
Gregory stands a better chance because of his documented bipolar disorder health issues Irvin has been never documented with anything of sort

in fact he gets on video and brags about himself smoking weed?
that doesn't convince anyone in NFL league office, in NFL teams or the cowboys that he's trying to come back and football is important to him.

I think they know Gregory has since showed heart and effort to be a football player
a far cry from irving that's always been a question with Irving he doesn't want to play football.
I'll have to read article again to see how they figure Irving has a chance of coming back

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Gregory stands a better chance because of his documented bipolar disorder health issues Irvin has been never documented with anything of sort

in fact he gets on video and brags about himself smoking weed?
that doesn't convince anyone in NFL league office, in NFL teams or the cowboys that he's trying to come back and football is important to him.

I think they know Gregory has since showed heart and effort to be a football player
a far cry from irving that's always been a question with Irving he doesn't want to play football.
I'll have to read article again to see how they figure Irving has a chance of coming back

you didnt actually watch/listen to the video that was posted above, did you?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy Gregory, David Irving could return to the Dallas Cowboys in 2019
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/07/11/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-david-irving-return/2/

*(Folks, read all of this one...)

The Dallas Cowboys defense could have the services of both Randy Gregory and David Irving this upcoming season. Here’s how …

In late February, news broke that Dallas Cowboys‘ defensive end Randy Gregory had been suspended again for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Before the Cowboys’ fanbase could get over the shock of Gregory, it was announced that defensive tackle David Irving was also suspended for violating the league’s substance abuse program just two days later...

In an interview that appeared on the Dallas Cowboys Official YouTube Page, Jones was asked about Robert Quinn and what the veteran defensive end brings to the field following the offseason trade that brought him to Dallas. The Cowboys executive went on to talk about the status of both Gregory and Irving...

“Well, I think obviously defensive line with our challenges we’ve had with Randy. Certainly, I think Randy’s done, you know is back on it and really doing a great job of getting himself in a position where hopefully he can get back at some point and help us out. But with that unknown being there, and of course having the same situation with David Irving … we really felt like we needed to shore that up.”...

For the rest of the puzzle, I will lean on Dan Graziano, an ESPN Staff Writer. In May, Graziano wrote an article titled NFL, NFLPA announcement to mental health initiative. Slater’s reports from her internal interviews with Jason Garrett and Stephen Jones are more evidence. I believe both are laying the groundwork for a potential new marijuana policy.

The Cowboys front office has a long history of looking at all factors carefully before parting ways with player assets. One of the critical problems that fans don’t consider enough is mental health in players.

For example, during the early nineties when Cowboy fans where celebrating defensive end Charles Haley‘s success on the field, owner and general manager Jerry Jones was dealing with a bi-polar player off-the-field. In my belief, unless people experience mental issues themselves or are close to someone who does, it is almost impossible to understand...
It would be nice. By the way, I could also play for the Cowboys this year. I've been working out .......

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Gregory sure why not, beat that dead horse, but David heck no after his most recent comments.