Randy Gregory declared himself game-ready

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Still having trouble believing he can come back after almost two years and having an immed impact. But I read a couple tweets that's he worked his azz off during his time off. Not just conditioning but supposedly spent time with former Raider DE Greg Townsend. Hell, maybe all that's paying off.......

Randy Gregory - DL - Cowboys
Cowboys DE Randy Gregory declared himself game-ready.

He's hoping to make his preseason debut Saturday against the Bengals. Owner/GM Jerry Jones said earlier this week that he fully expected Gregory to play in the Cowboys' regular season opener at Carolina. The 25-year-old was reinstated last month following a year-long suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy.

Source: Calvin Watkins on Twitter
Aug 17 - 2:50 PM

elcowboi

Reaction score
He can declare himself ready all he wants to but are the coaches and training staff ready to declare him game ready???

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Still having trouble believing he can come back after almost two years and having an immed impact. But I read a couple tweets that's he worked his azz off during his time off. Not just conditioning but supposedly spent time with former Raider DE Greg Townsend. Hell, maybe all that's paying off.......

He's hoping to make his preseason debut Saturday against the Bengals. Owner/GM Jerry Jones said earlier this week that he fully expected Gregory to play in the Cowboys' regular season opener at Carolina. The 25-year-old was reinstated last month following a year-long suspension for repeated violations of the league's substance abuse policy.

Last I heard he was 200 lbs 6 months ago. So for most of the time, he wasn't working his *** off to improve his body for the NFL. I was very disappointed. The gym seemed like such a natural, and useful activity for someone trying to get off an addiction.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
200.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He can declare himself ready all he wants to but are the coaches and training staff ready to declare him game ready???

Realistically, I dont want him to play. give it another week. No rush needed at all. One week of TC is not enough. He hits a nagging injury now and it could ruin the beginning of the season for him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What is the hold up?!? He played in the one game 2 years ago after missing all year and played really well. Only way to get better at football is to play football JG!!

Guy has not had an OTA let alone any real contact in over a year. Evidently what they are doing his benefiting him as they get him back into game shape. He will get his snaps

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Realistically, I dont want him to play. give it another week. No rush needed at all. One week of TC is not enough. He hits a nagging injury now and it could ruin the beginning of the season for him.
He hasn’t played in 2.5 years. He needs the reps.

T-RO

Reaction score
Give him 5-10 plays. A dip in the pool.

Free Randy G.

erod

Reaction score
He has 1 sack in 14 games played in 3 years.

He needs to play or leave.

Our top two picks in 2015 have produced 2 interceptions and 1 sack.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Like Zeke..

It's time for payback.

Go hit somebody, Randy.